Can someone help me figure out this noise on my 2001 Lincoln LS? (VIDEO)

MichiganLS

New LVC Member
Reaction score
I've heard it could be my shock absorber or a sway bar or even just some dried up rubber brushings that need to be shot with some WD40? idk but the noise is getting worst and was wondering if maybe any of you have experience with this problem? and if so what is this noise and is it a easy project to do at home?

Video = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xbr-N4AEdJw

:cool:Thanks!

Sounds like a lca. I would google search that, there are a few good threads about it.

Right lower control arm...used will be good if u can find one..make sure the rubber bushings are not busted open. New one is insane price..lol. I put a used one from a 02 (low miles) on. Solution fixed. I did the upper and lower at the same time.but I got the uppers from the dealer..didn't want to have all used.

"Is that the best you can do? ... you gotta keep doing it!"
smiley-score009.gif

MichiganLS: my 2005 LS had the same noise; it started in this past winter. When it warmed up, I lifted and removed one rear wheel at a time and prayed all the bushings (control arms, stabilizer bar, links, etc) with white lithium grease spray. The noise is now gone. To determine which side of the car is making the noise, you can lift and release by the rear fenders; it took about a week longer for the right side of the car to go completely quiet. To determine if it is the control arms bushings or stabilizer bar making the noise, you can disconnect the stabilizer links from the lower control arms or stabilizer bar and then rock the car up and down again.
I find it easier to open up the trunk lid and then push down on the "lower trunk lip" rather than on top of the fender/rear quarter panel.

Members online

Back