Over night rear end goes down.

Topgun888

New LVC Member
Reaction score
I have a 1994 Lincon Continental Executive. The car is in execellent shape. Last two weeks the rear end started to go down, some times it doesn't a day or so but next day again goes down! I have given the air spring bags a soap water test and there are no leaks, no cracks! Finally a friend told me to check the solenoids, I did and changed the O rings..
Two days it was ok. Then the same thing, down again. I noticed that when I open the door the air pump is still pumping air, I understand that it should shut down....another thing is first one hour it should pump air to the air spring bags, it does not. I guess that is why the rear end goes down...maybe the solenoids are not holding the air...I am just guessing
there must be an answer, I am sure that there people here much more experienced than me...I would like to have their opinions...

Looks like no one would like to comment about my Post..it is OK. Gents I have solved the problem...lol
If the same thing happens to your 94 Linc. Cont. Exe. let me know, maybe I can help some one....lol

Few people here seem to have the previous generation car. If you go ahead and post what you found, at least those who land here months or years from now via a search engine will know how to fix their cars!

If I don't reply it is I don't have anything helpful to say. That being said, my 1997 is starting to go down overnight, especially if it is cold -20 C or more, other times it stays inflated like it should.

I have an '89, but I don't know if the system is the same on a '94. When I aquired it, I had the same problem with the rear. I got two replacements from Arnott and that fixed the problem. You have to troubleshoot the system because it may not necessarily be the air bags. In my case, it was. The rubber dries out and cracks over time.

top gun it sounds like a electrical problem you should check the fuse first that was my problem then check the compressor it should stop when you open the door you may have a bad sensor that tells if the door is open or a short somewhere in the circuit my 1993 Lincoln was stuck up like this for a month bad air suspension.jpg

bad air suspension.jpg

my 1993 Town car would deflate even with it turned off and the door was open the fuse blew for mine and I replaced it doesn't do it anymore

Ok, I have changed the solenoid, I guess it was leaking. Still unless the switch is OFF, rear end goes down, switch off, rear end up all the time. I am wondering if suspension control module has to be changed....thanks for all the info.

Might need some new load levelers. The LH Rear load leveler controls the venting on the 1997. My car's bags stay up from time to time, meaning the bags and solenoids are holding air. Solenoids may be told to vent at wrong time. May need to adjust or replace the load leveler. May need a factory scan tool to do this. I am not in a hurry so my car has time to pump up then go for now.

Members online

No members online now.
Back