Non Mark Related Question

NoLimit95

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard from or seen Kevin, Chris from Peoria or Lownslowlsc? Just wanna make sure those tornadoes didn't get them. Been wondering about that all day but been gone all day running the roads.

Damage free in my neck of the woods. Tons of rainage and wind, a lot of wind! If the leaves were still on the trees i'd be out there with the chainsaw clearing limbs. Kevin's about 35-40 minutes south of me and from what the radar looked like yesterday he got it a little worse. Not sure about Chris, but Washington is just outside of Peoria, hope he's ok.

Thanks for the concern :)

Damage free in my neck of the woods. Tons of rainage and wind, a lot of wind! If the leaves were still on the trees i'd be out there with the chainsaw clearing limbs. Kevin's about 35-40 minutes south of me and from what the radar looked like yesterday he got it a little worse. Not sure about Chris, but Washington is just outside of Peoria, hope he's ok.

Thanks for the concern :)

Good to hear you're ok and no damage happened. Maybe Kevin will chime in here soon and Chris too. They may be without power if any poles went down.

My family and myself are both ok. Most of my family live in Washington and everyone in the family are okay. No houses of ours are damaged, but a really big chunk of town is completely leveled. A lot of people I grew up and went to school with have no houses, cars, or belongings anymore. I was over there yesterday trying to help some of the family's i knew clean out what was left our their houses. I posted some pictures on facebook, but to be honest it does not do the damage justice. In the heart of the damage as far as the eye can see in any direction its absolute destruction.

My wife and I were on our way home from church in a neighboring town when the tornados went through, we had no idea anything was going on until we got a phone call from a couple family members. We were having a hard time getting ahold of anyone because of a couple of cell phone towers were down. We headed immediately back into Washington to help out where we could. The community has really come together within the past 24 hours. Its amazing how many people from neighboring states are here to help.

When I first talked to my parents the first thing I asked was if they were ok. the second thing I asked was is the house in one peice, which it is. My mom ask me later why I never asked about the barn (which is where the mark viii is stored). I told her I couldn't care less about the car. Its times like these that make material things seem so insignificant.

Please keep the community of Washington, IL in your prayers.

Glad to hear you're ok Chris. I had all of you on my mind all day today but wasn't home to find out anything and my data plan is only 300MB through at&t so, I don't have much to play with but figured I'd find out when I finally got home this afternoon.Hope everything works out for the people you know and let them know that someone in Alabama is thinking of them. I have lived through some pretty bad tornadoes myself, such as April 1974 and the rest after that. It's not a fun thing to deal with.

Didn't see this thread until now, all is well by me, I texted Paul Van right away and asked about you chris since I knew he had your number..good to know you guys are alright! Weather like this is a rarity around northern illinois, we usually dont have to worry when tornado season hits.

Members online

Back