HELP!!! '01 Sport

What do you mean nothing....no lights, starter won't turn over, nothing is too vague...this car can have a million little things that can be going on.

First thing after I had a shop toss in my motor in my Expy I noticed starter issues...they told me it was going out....the issue was they didn't tighten down the positive cable.

It's not PATS if the starter turns over. PATS would prevent the starter from operating.

You haven't provided enough information to diagnose. For the engine to run, you basically need four things, fuel, air, spark, and compression. Try some starter fluid. If the engine coughs and sputters, it's fuel that you lack.

It's not PATS if the starter turns over. PATS would prevent the starter from operating.

You haven't provided enough information to diagnose. For the engine to run, you basically need four things, fuel, air, spark, and compression. Try some starter fluid. If the engine coughs and sputters, it's fuel that you lack.
Where is the fuel pump located, and maybe the fuel filter?

Where is the fuel pump located, and maybe the fuel filter?

The fuel pumps are in the gas tank (where else). The electric pump is on the passenger side. The gas tank is under the rear seat.
The fuel filter is behind the driver's side front wheel liner, against the firewall.

The fuel pumps are in the gas tank (where else). The electric pump is on the passenger side. The gas tank is under the rear seat.
The fuel filter is behind the driver's side front wheel liner, against the firewall.
Thanks, I'll try to look some of those areas tomorrow.

A shop replaced it. Again it ran fine until today. Pulled up at the house turned it off, came back out and nothing.

I understand the part that it was running fine and just died. Did they have a warranty on the work?

Okay, fuel pump is working, filter is clear. Tried starter fluid and it starts and dies. Any ideas?

How have you verified that your fuel pump is running?
Is it just that you can hear it? Or did you verify that you have the correct fuel pressure range at the fuel rail?

Next test for you. Disconnect the MAF sensor and see if the engine will start and keep running then. If it does, you may have a bug on the MAF sensor wire.

How have you verified that your fuel pump is running?
Is it just that you can hear it? Or did you verify that you have the correct fuel pressure range at the fuel rail?

Next test for you. Disconnect the MAF sensor and see if the engine will start and keep running then. If it does, you may have a bug on the MAF sensor wire.
I disconnected The MAF sensor. Still want start. Yesterday, I took the fuel filter of and turned the ignition to the on position and fuel came rushing out. So I'm assuming that the fuel pump is working, however, when I pulled the back seat with the ignition on I can't hear a hum from the fuel pump.

The fuel pump will only run for a couple of seconds after you turn the key to run, if the engine isn't running.
Did you check the fuse for the fuel injectors?

The fuel pump will only run for a couple of seconds after you turn the key to run, if the engine isn't running.
Did you check the fuse for the fuel injectors?
I did check all fuses. I pretty sure that pump on the driver's side is not coming on. Hoping that's the problem.

I did check all fuses. I pretty sure that pump on the driver's side is not coming on. Hoping that's the problem.

The passenger's side is the electric pump. The driver's side is a transfer pump that is powered by the fuel flow from the other pump. It doesn't make any sound for you to hear. (The electrical connections are for the fuel gauge sender on that side.)

The passenger's side is the electric pump. The driver's side is a transfer pump that is powered by the fuel flow from the other pump. It doesn't make any sound for you to hear. (The electrical connections are for the fuel gauge sender on that side.)

Well, I'm back at square one. The fuel pump kicks on. We've checked all fuses. Tunes over but won't start. I disconnected the MAF and it still won't start.

Well, I'm back at square one. The fuel pump kicks on. We've checked all fuses. Tunes over but won't start. I disconnected the MAF and it still won't start.

Will it start and run with the gas pedal partially pressed? Are all connections on the air intake tube connected? Could be a disconnected tube or throttle bypass issue.

make sure the fuel injector fuse is making contact

Members online

Back