Want To Stag My Ls Need Advice

all depends on the offset although im not sure 10" will work anyway (i could be wrong)

I saw a guy with Ferrari wheels or something on here ages ago. IIRC they were 10s in back but they stuck out past flush and looked horrible. 20x10 or even 20x9 sounds like a very heavy wheel. Hope you enjoy replacing suspension parts often. A 20x8 is the biggest I would put on an LS but I really wouldn't do a 20 at all. But to each, his own. You can stagger the LS but its diffucult. There are some threads on it here if you search a bit. It looks good if its done right.

the only reason to go with a wider tire out back is that if you have enough power that your normal size wont hook up anymore...

You mean like this?

9287709933_169861db51_b.jpg

Dat Stagger by Schmidt Photography, on Flickr

8673766106_a02621562c_b.jpg

Lincoln LS by Schmidt Photography, on Flickr

8686522910_50fca456ea_b.jpg

IMG_6205 by Schmidt Photography, on Flickr

Don't you mean understeer?

Th LS already has (according to the suspension guys) some understeer dialed in. The wider tires on the rear will push the front around the corner quicker as they should have more traction due to their larger contact patch.

Th LS already has (according to the suspension guys) some understeer dialed in. The wider tires on the rear will push the front around the corner quicker as they should have more traction due to their larger contact patch.

Ok, let's translate this.

Nascar

Loose=Oversteer
Tight=Understeer

Indy Car

Loose=Oversteer
Push=Understeer

European based racing

Nervous=Oversteer
Push=Understeer

The staggered setup of the Jag S Type R works with the LS with 60mm offset both front and rear. That setup has 8" wide fronts and 9.5" rears. TSW wheels come in staggered sizes but not sure if the 8" fronts can be had in the 60mm offset. There are many forged wheels that can be ordered with custom offset but they are very expensive.

I am still debating if I want to go staggered or not. I can burn some tire off the corners and break loose a bit with the TC on but I don't drive like that all the time. I would like the look though. As far as built in understeer goes, I have a slight toe-out up front and that makes a difference.

The staggered setup of the Jag S Type R works with the LS with 60mm offset both front and rear. That setup has 8" wide fronts and 9.5" rears. TSW wheels come in staggered sizes but not sure if the 8" fronts can be had in the 60mm offset. There are many forged wheels that can be ordered with custom offset but they are very expensive.

8" wide @60mm doesn't sit flush with the fender. Some people got spacers to fix that.. something like 20mm?

8" wide @60mm doesn't sit flush with the fender. Some people got spacers to fix that.. something like 20mm?

That might work with the 8s but he was talking about 9s in front. When you take into consideration the increase in width will also move the tire closer to the edge. Not everyone wants the flush look.

The LS actually responds better pushing through a corner as opposed to braking through a corner. It will actually loosen up and oversteer if you let up through the corner and get any weight shift. Smashing the breaks then getting on the gas to just barely as you push it around the corner always seems to feel best to me.

Staff online

Members online

Back