My new daily driver - 01 LS

clotus

New LVC Member
Reaction score
You may remember my earlier and first post regarding my grandfather's 01 LS. Well its official, I am now an owner of a cherry Silver 2001 Lincoln LS. It will be my daily driver and give my 08 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 diesel a break. This thing is clean. Garaged all its life. Please take notice of the odometer.

I plan on keeping it stock as the wife was not too thrilled on the purchase ($5,000), but I will have to replace the stock stereo immediately. How do I tell if it is the Alpine or base stereo? I will be re-doing it all, including separates up front. Where are you guys putting the tweeters? Any there any good build list on what parts are needed to mount a new H/U (dash kits, antenna, etc)? I will conduct a search a little later, but if someone has a link to a useful thread it would be greatly appreciated.

Nice to be part of the family!!

-Kyle

IMG_0794.jpg

IMG_0795.jpg

IMG_0796.jpg

bigrig_2001_lincoln_zps1f187eb7.gif

+1 looks good man, same ride here. Although mine is a Sport.
Not a single underhood retainer clip missing. Clean, clean clean.

many congrats!

Note: in 01 Lincoln only released the LS as a Silver Frost Metallic

source: http://gtcarlot.com/colors/Lincoln/LS/

PS:
is that a 1 in front of the 2572mls or am I seeing some sort of reflection ?
gotta be reflection. that's crazy low miles indeed. wow!​

BTW:

Do not put Engine coolant or water in this, don't let anyone else mess with it at those quick lube places,
might also be a good idea to change that fluid out now, just use a turkey baster to get old fluid out.

IMG_0796.jpg

IMG_0796.jpg

Cherries are not silver, they are different in color, at least around here they are. ;)

"Cherry" aka Sweet, Beautiful, Nice, Mint Condition

Indeed I meant it as the vehicle is "cherry", around here cherries are red, not silver as well. Darn grammar :)

Vehicle sits at 12,572.5 miles, sorry for the poor photo, but cell phone cameras sure have come a long way huh?

Wow, nice low mileage. I suggest going with a double din head unit. Something with Bluetooth integration in my opinion. The tell of the Alpine system is the speakers on the center console (near your knees) I believe. Someone correct me if I am wrong. 6x8s is what you need, and I recommend replacing the factory subs with something else.

Wow. Very nice! Super low miles!

Do a double din swap, lower it, 18" chrome Jaguar staggered wheels and you are set. There is a member here with a silver LS with these mods and it looks fantastic.

Welcome to the family, Clotus! Do a search (might be easier to try it in Google) on "LS navigation head unit" or "pioneer installation LS" and that should get you started. Several of us have replaced factory systems (non-THX) with better aftermarket systems. If you want navigation, I'd recommend Kenwood over Pioneer. Kenwood uses Garmin, which is far superior to Pioneer's system. If you don't want/need navigation, then I'd recommend Pioneer as it's integration and control of Apple devices (iPod, iPhone, etc) tends to be better than most.

1LoudLS is our resident expert here. He's pretty much seen and/or installed anything you might be thinking about.

Good luck,

Tru

nice clean ride and what a great buy just tell the wife to find any car with 12k for 5k. but then she will say you better listen or I will get half LOL. enjoy the ride and welcome to LVC.
get a double din. you will need to get this http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-METRA-9...t=Car_Audio_Video&hash=item2314489511&vxp=mtr
and what ever you get make sure it has Bluetooth.

Thanks for all of the great replies. Above is exactly what I am looking for. I am not sure if I want to go Double-Din. I have a Kenwood Navi in my truck and quite frankly I do not use it for anything other than music anyway. I could do the entire system on a budget for the same price as a worth-while Double-Din Navi. Looking forward to trying not to Mod the LS

Thanks for all of the great replies. Above is exactly what I am looking for. I am not sure if I want to go Double-Din. I have a Kenwood Navi in my truck and quite frankly I do not use it for anything other than music anyway. I could do the entire system on a budget for the same price as a worth-while Double-Din Navi. Looking forward to trying not to Mod the LS

But a single-DIN looks SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO aftermarket. You can get a double-DIN withlot NAV.

Welcome to the family. Very nice and clean LS. I am pretty sure you have the lowest mileage LS on the board.

Members online

No members online now.
Back