My Drilled + Slotted Upgrade by Brake Motive

Any of you other fellas have further feedback on these? I'm doing my back to school shopping and I'm looking into replacing that dreaded sway bar, and then tackling a brake job.

Prefer to get parts now as opposed middle of the semester amidst senior design and other school related things that need not be interrupted by the stresses of car trouble.

Did a quick search and one of the first things that came up was this from a Corvette Forum. Seems assuring assuming these guys are driving there 'Vettes harder than our precious LSs lol.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-...-slotted-brake-kits-lowest-prices-ever-6.html

Wonder if they'd do a group buy.

Any of you other fellas have further feedback on these? I'm doing my back to school shopping and I'm looking into replacing that dreaded sway bar, and then tackling a brake job.

Prefer to get parts now as opposed middle of the semester amidst senior design and other school related things that need not be interrupted by the stresses of car trouble.

Did a quick search and one of the first things that came up was this from a Corvette Forum. Seems assuring assuming these guys are driving there 'Vettes harder than our precious LSs lol.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-...-slotted-brake-kits-lowest-prices-ever-6.html

Wonder if they'd do a group buy.

I LOVE them on my LS. The brakes the car had it on it before weren't bad or worn, but they were crap pads. Putting this set on made a HUGE difference on my LS. I love the brakes now. The worn tires can barely keep up though.

Still quiet and low dust after this amount of time? I am probably going to join the club with this upgrade as well.

close to 2K miles on mine (just fronts), and they been great.

Couldn't wash my car for a couple of weeks, and almost had no dust on my wheels.

I'll post some pics when I wash her again.

They've been great... I've seemed to have had more close calls since these have been on compaired to the entire time i've had the car... but they've worked perfectly everytime!! Not sure if my stocks would've stopped as well, but these have prevented a few dings

close to 2K miles on mine (just fronts), and they been great.

Couldn't wash my car for a couple of weeks, and almost had no dust on my wheels.

I'll post some pics when I wash her again.
I've only put 3k miles on my LS since I bought it in February.. but I can definitely go a couple of weeks without any dust. It almost makes up for the fact the car looks dirty 10 minutes after washing it because its black.

They're very quiet, smooth, and putting your foot into the brakes will bring you to a quick halt... I still want to do the SS lines, but at this point I don't really feel it's necessary.

Theres a recent thread floating around regarding issues with these. Nothing serious per se, but some, including myself, have been experiencing squealing. Other than that, the brakes seem to work just fine.

Theres nothing definitive that points to the brakes being at fault, at least not in my case...could just be improper installation or not following the bed in procedure properly. Idk.

Just ordered some akebono pads, hopefully itll get rid of the squealing and hope it never comes back.

I have these and they squeak like an old rusty door hinge. I followed the bed-in procedure that came with the pads and they were fine for awhile but then started to squeak. I flat sanded the pads and rotors and did a more aggressive bed-in procedure and the squeeks went away for 3 or 4 days then back again. I will not purchase these again. I guess you get what you pay for.

I have a hard spot on one of my pads. Will be calling brake motive next week to get a new set of pads.

The pads that come with the kit are ok, but if I get another bad pad, I will switch to some raybestos or akebono.

Anyone else noticing a grinding feeling through the pedal? Or seeing burnishing on the rotor (see my calendar shot, drivers side front)?

Mine are also squealing like pigs when I brake.

Live and learn.

Anyone else noticing a grinding feeling through the pedal? Or seeing burnishing on the rotor (see my calendar shot, drivers side front)?

I did see that on your calendar shot. I was wondering about that. My rear rotor has that but I had a sticking e-brake assembly on my caliper and I thought it was just because of that. I never thought about a hard spot in pad. The funny thing is the rears dont squeak, only the fronts.

I will be re-doing my brakes and upgrading the fronts to 320mm like Kumba did and I will be using Centric drilled rotors with Akebono pads.

Yes! Not just feeling it, i could also hear the grinding with the windows open. Doesnt happen all the time tho, so i've kinda been ignoring it lol can you get pics of your brakes up?

Also, do you guys think this (i.e squealing, grinding) would be something they would cover under warranty?

Good thing I didn't pull the trigger on these. Seems like the price was too good to be true:mad:

I will take some pics this weekend.

And next time I do brakes it will be the r1 concepts package.

And mlara, I can hear the grinding as well. Not very confidence inspiring on hard braking.

When considering both the grinding and the burnished rotor, the only plausible reason (to me anyways) is a hard spot on the pad.

Did something change since this thread was originally created? There's nothing but praise on the first page.

I'm glad I inquired . Great feedback, reading the first couple pages was too good to be true, but wondering if rotors are worth this price and just replacing pads with duralast gold probably would put you at about $200 and have a set of pads leftover. Or is there a better way without spending through the roof.

As i mentioned earlier, i'm waiting for some akebono pads. If i can get rid of the squealing for good, for the price and looks at least i would say the rotors are worth it.

by the way, when i go to get the new pads in, should i suggest to my mechanic to sand the rotors?

by the way, when i go to get the new pads in, should i suggest to my mechanic to sand the rotors?

I would. Some places wont refinish slotted and drilled rotors because they tend to tear up their equipment. I have been told that by two shops.

Has anybody tried new pads with these rotors and has it resolved their squealing? I picked these up awhile back as well.. and while they work great, the noise is unbearable.

Members online

No members online now.
Back