4.0 questions, I searched

2002_lincolnLS

Custom User Title
Reaction score
will the 4.0 jag heads and intake fit on the gen one 3.9? I know the block is the only similarity, but if the block is the same, the head would have to be the same on the bottom where it mounts to the block right?

I know about the land speed record and Camm states in there how to disable the vvt

Also would the exhaust manifold be the same?

If I where to swap in the 4.0 heads and intake mani, perhaps supercharger would run into any issues with fitment?

I am 100% serious about this as long as the heads will fit.

If you have specs or blueprints for the block or heads please email it to me at anton @ amerituner.com

any info you may have please post it here

On the Jaguar forums swapping the blocks from the 4.0 to the 4.2 is pretty common (complete write-up's and all). There is one guy there who's swapping & rebuilding his engine using an LS block. Apparently the cooling passages between them were different. I do have some comparo pics of the two heads that I can't seem to find right now. But, I did find the pics of the engines tho. Jaguar on top/LS on the bottom. Hope this helps.:cool:

JAG Block.jpg

LS Block.jpg

Why not just use the Jag block too? Should be the same externally, so it should bolt right into place.

So the REAL question is, can you take a supercharged Jag engine, and drop it into an LS without any major problems. If so I need to go engine hunting. lol

Why not just use the Jag block too? Should be the same externally, so it should bolt right into place.

the goal is to use as many of the parts I already have. But if I can't then I will look at other options as well.

So the REAL question is, can you take a supercharged Jag engine, and drop it into an LS without any major problems. If so I need to go engine hunting. lol

Someone will correct me if I am wrong, but I believe the answer is no.

Someone will correct me if I am wrong, but I believe the answer is no.

+1.. i feel we covered this before and there where somw major issues in completing it... It doesn't me it cant be done, just difficult to justify

I think if you reuse the front cover, accessories, & electrical components along with the Jag block & heads you should be fine. Almost like if you got a bore x stroke job with ported heads on your stock block. Just gotta swap all the parts that the ecm needs. From what I can find, you just have to make sure you block the VVT oil passage. I'll do some more digging & see what I come up with. Hope that helps.:D

I am with Rell. This was discussed before, in depth, on this forum. Now I do remember there was a guy from overseas in the winter of this year who was asking for help as he had to find a way to make some type of swap(ish) work. He stated it worked but there was never videos so who knows. Until I see it done, I stick with my "I think no". LOL.

But, 2002, if you have the time to take it on, go for it. Hell, Dwiggy got a 302 with some functionality in one and we all swore that could never occur either. LOL.

Right, I had just heard some where on here the heads were compatible, which with deductive reasoning makes me believe so would a 4.0 intake and supercharger, if it won't work with out major pains, and modifications i won't do it. I just don't have money to spend on something that may just never work, If i know I can do it then it would be worth saving the money for it.

Thanks guys, any more info and with some collaboration we may have a new option on the table.

Anything can be done with enuf skill, time, patience....and money of course. LS1, 302, turbo on a V8...all of which were deemed highly unlikely to be done at one point. Now all of which have been done. I hope it works out for you 2002, I'd love to see it happen.

Anything can be done with enuf skill, time, patience....and money of course. LS1, 302, turbo on a V8...all of which were deemed highly unlikely to be done at one point. Now all of which have been done. I hope it works out for you 2002, I'd love to see it happen.

yeah, that's why I want to see if this could be a lower budget way for us to achieve forced induction, I am going to continue my research, and hopefully get my hands on a set of heads for a good price to work on this.

From what i have read so far it looks like the second gen would be a more likely posibility for a head and supercharger swap though the hood would have to be modified for clearence.
I to have thought about super charging though it would be much easier and less money to turbo charge my second gen within the five pound boost range to achive four hundred fifty rwh im looking for,twin Garete turbos ( Remote)hung in the rear using the magnaflow exhaust with some modifications.
Good luck Mike

I agree with the turbo idea. STS turbo has a universal kit for a couple thousand that would go in. 2000 for a single, 3000 for a double, another thousand or three for incidentals. And as the STS mounts in the rear, no need to try and find room under the hood. Not that I'm going to do it to mine anytime soon. I'm leaving mine stock and won't do anything other than maintenance to it for the forseeable future. My pickup is my toy.

okay so I think I know a cheap way to test the heads fit with out buying them yet, I could order the head gaskets for the 4.0 and the 3.9, and then see if everything lines up. I mean it would make sense right? If they match up I will need the 4.0 gaskets anyways.

you could go up to parts store and see if they'll order them for you... compare right there....

This is a future project for my car. I want 500bhp (along with the stoptech bbk)... lol

I don't want Turbos, because I like the sound of a V8 without the whine of a turbo. Plus I want the car to "seem" as stock as possible when you're sitting next to it.

This is a future project for my car. I want 500bhp (along with the stoptech bbk)... lol

I don't want Turbos, because I like the sound of a V8 without the whine of a turbo. Plus I want the car to "seem" as stock as possible when you're sitting next to it.

This will be the place for this topic and conversation, I will be posting here all of my findings. i would love if anyone else wants to get in on this and help any way they can. If it can be done, well anything can be done, but if it can without serious modifications to the existing parts I will be doing this as I get the parts.

I will not be buying anything until this mid fall, as I am buying Rollins Body kit, which I am really excited for.

500hp? Lofty goals.....

I will be happy with 350, anything more will just be icing for this cake

I hope that other member makes headers as those will be a great inprovement for mine with FI. Although if he does not I may have the manifold "plate" made and get a cooks/hooker/so on header kit and make my own if I get that far.

I want turbos. I LOVE the whine of turbos/supers. Let's people know you mean f*cking business haha

My dad's F250 has twin turbos. It could pull your car in half, but I doubt it would win any races. At the same time, this car is somewhat of a sleeper. Its only threatening to cars form the 90's and most 4 cylinders. If I can get 400 hp and you don't suspect I have that kind of power, I'd seriously love it.

I will be happy with 350, anything more will just be icing for this cake

I hope that other member makes headers as those will be a great inprovement for mine with FI. Although if he does not I may have the manifold "plate" made and get a cooks/hooker/so on header kit and make my own if I get that far.

If the STRs get 400 stock, I see no reason for setting your bar any lower than that as a place to begin.

Members online

No members online now.
Back