Where's Garbone?

It is an older Edelbrock Torker.
My son & I gasket matched it to the heads, so it should be good to go.
I know a newer dual plane intake would make better mid range torque, but on a budget, you take what gets set in your lap...:)

Pics on the way.
The engine fired on the first crank!
Then it fired and ran, without even having someone on the throttle, and dist.
Later that evening, when my son got home from work, we started it up, and set the timing loosely, and set the carb up close. We have since had a little time to tinker, and we have it running very well. Even though it makes in the range of 325-340 HP, it is getting better mileage than the old tired original engine.

Can someone give me a quick lesson on posting a video?

Thanks, and I will be back with more.

Here it is, the '68 coug's new engine.
This couldnt have gone smoother, or with any better results....1st, out with the old, then...

IMG_0013.JPG

IMG_0089.JPG

IMG_0093.JPG

IMG_0094.JPG

Short engine video

Here is a short video on the new engine

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/9i9XOtEaDtI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Thanks...I see you have a '69. I spent allot of time in a '69 that a friend of mine had. It had a 351 windsor, 4 speed, and LSD rear end...it was stock, but very capable.
Do you know how to post a video?

Alax7,
Where did you get that rear deck lid spoiler?
Do you have more complete pictures of it?
That is something I have thought about, but nothing looks good to me. What I see of yours, interests me.
Please let me know.

He has the Gen1 LSE spoiler. I'm pretty sure they can still be bought from LSK or Max should be able to help you out. But I'm not 100% as to where they are readily available.

I got mine before they decided be discontinued and not available anywhere like the gen1 lse kits did. I love this spoiler, gen2 lse lip spoiler is too little and I dont like the ones where it's raised above the trunk. This fits the car perfect, nice subtle, spoiler.

DSC09911.jpg

DSC09910.jpg

DSC09908-1.jpg

DSC09797.jpg

DSC09799.jpg

brakesandgrilles036.jpg

brakesandgrilles037.jpg

mag10.jpg

Must be a real sleeper, it comes with its own mattress. :p

Nice !, I am envious.

Alax, thats hot.
But you say they have been disc., and are no longer available??? A cryin shame...

They are still available. I meant to say is that I thought they would be discontinued like the gen1 lse kits were, since this spoiler is a gen1 lse spoiler,I wanted one really bad so I bought mine a year ago just in case Ford decided to discontinue them,I wanted to beat them to the punch, but I don't think its been discontinued yet.

Can you forward the part number...if you still have it?
Also, Where did you buy yours?

Got it from lsk. Since lsk has been real slow with orderes, I would email max and tell him to get the part number from lsk, he has their part numbers, so he can verify it's the right one.

1 1/3 years later, and the Coug is still a daily driver. My son tells me he has had the speedo pegged no fewer that 3 times, 4500rpm That gives him 1500 till red line. His ticket I guess!

Members online

Back