Is this normal when accelerating

tonys2000

New LVC Member
Reaction score
When ever I take off at a light there is a considerable pull to the right. I'm not used to front wheel drive cars so I don't know what to think of this. Also when the car is cold, it seems to shift kind of hard. Is this normal? Thanks for your advice?

Tony

Mine does the same(the shifting part) but it only pulls to one side when I am accerating hard or so.

sounds like a motor mount is busted or CV axles are going. Do you need an alignment? I drop the hammer all the time in my Conti and doesn't pull at all.

mark0101 said:
Mine does the same(the shifting part) but it only pulls to one side when I am accerating hard or so.

Does it pull to the right? The shifting hard is like having a shift kit when the car is cold. As the car gets warmer, the shifting gets smoother. Its fine for me as long as there is nothing wrong.

tony

Is'nt that slight pull Torque Steer? Anyone? Every Conti that I drove did that little pull only when I Slam the pedal.

I never really noticed where it pulls to but I will try it. BTW have you changed your tranny fluid? I did mine and the shifting is alot smoother.

If it pulls to one side, it is probably Torque Steer. Nissans are HORRIBLE at this.

Members online

No members online now.
Back