1969 Cadillac Eldorado. White on White.

Richman

New LVC Member
Reaction score
My 1969 Eldorado. A recently purchased restored beauty.

003.jpg

007.jpg

005.jpg

010.jpg

003.jpg

007.jpg

005.jpg

010.jpg

A beauty indeed! That is one nice ride, and that's coming from someone who owns the "other" personal luxury car from just a few years later (1972 Lincoln Mark IV) ;). I really do like those late-60's and 70's Eldorados, though. Very classy and even sporty in their own right.

Coming from someone owning the "Other Personal Luxury Car" I appreciate the comment. I had been looking at a '62 Lincoln a few weeks ago when I spotted this one for sale. It came down to "condition" and I chose the Eldorado. The Lincoln would have needed a few thousand $$ to bring it up to the condition of the Caddy. I have always been partial to both body styles since they came out new. Yup, I'm that old.

This is an interesting site and I have noticed no turf wars between the two camps.

I know what you mean. I love the suicide-door 60's Continentals as well, especially the early-60's models. And of course, they made them in convertibles, which is even cooler, but you don't see many of those around here. That's one thing I liked about the Eldorados- they did offer a convertible (I've never seen a '69 Eldo convertible, so I don't know if they went back that far, but I do know they were building them in the early-70's). I'd love to have a '71 Eldorado convertible someday.

As far as this site, you're right. There's no real rivalry between the Lincolns and the Cadillacs. Most of us appreciate both brands. In fact, in the Lincoln Mark VIII section right now, there's a thread about the Cadillac CTS-V and almost everyone has good things to say about it. In fact, even being the Lincoln guy I am, if I had the money to buy a new luxury car and I had my choice between Lincoln and Cadillac, I'd get a CTS-V coupe.

The only downside about this site is not that many people here own classic Cadillacs or Lincolns, so this section isn't the most active, but I'd like to see it pick up some. I don't know how it is for Cadillacs, but it's hard to find a good online forum for Lincoln Mark owners before the Mark VII.

http://automotivemileposts.com/contentseldorado.shtml

Here's a website you might want to check out if you haven't already. I had to check and make sure they had your model Eldorado featured on there, but I've been going to that site for over 10 years now and it was my best resource when I was doing research to buy my Mark IV. The website doesn't cover that many different cars, but what it does cover, it does well. Once you get done looking at the Eldorado, you may also want to look around at some of the other classic luxury cars you might be interested in.

I know what you mean. I love the suicide-door 60's Continentals as well, especially the early-60's models. And of course, they made them in convertibles, which is even cooler, but you don't see many of those around here. That's one thing I liked about the Eldorados- they did offer a convertible (I've never seen a '69 Eldo convertible, so I don't know if they went back that far, but I do know they were building them in the early-70's). I'd love to have a '71 Eldorado convertible someday.

As far as this site, you're right. There's no real rivalry between the Lincolns and the Cadillacs. Most of us appreciate both brands. In fact, in the Lincoln Mark VIII section right now, there's a thread about the Cadillac CTS-V and almost everyone has good things to say about it. In fact, even being the Lincoln guy I am, if I had the money to buy a new luxury car and I had my choice between Lincoln and Cadillac, I'd get a CTS-V coupe.

The only downside about this site is not that many people here own classic Cadillacs or Lincolns, so this section isn't the most active, but I'd like to see it pick up some. I don't know how it is for Cadillacs, but it's hard to find a good online forum for Lincoln Mark owners before the Mark VII.

If you would be in the market for older Lincolns, I have a friend who has three 1956 models. One is a Mark. They are all for sale as he is getting too old to drive or show them anymore.

I would LOVE to have a 56 Mark II. Those are some fine automobiles! Unfortunately, I don't have the money to be buying anything like that right now. I'm a fairly young collector (26- I bought my 72 Mark IV for just $1,000 when I was 16) so I'm not really in the position to be going after something like that at this point, but I'd love to have one someday. I'm sure your friend can get some serious money for that car, and rightfully so, considering they were $10,000 cars when new in 56 and 57, and Ford still lost money on every one they sold. His other 56 Lincolns should be worth a good bit as well. The Capris and Premieres (If I remember correctly, those were the Lincolns built in 56) also fetch nice prices. It's a shame Lincoln isn't what it used to be, and they don't build them like they used to.

Members online

No members online now.
Back