2000 Lincoln LS 3.0 NO HEAT

babycarlos

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, my name is Carlos and this is my first time posting on lincolnvscadillac. I've been having a problem with my ls for the last couple of weeks. Whenever I turn on the heat, cold air comes out of the vents. I searched on the web, this site primarily and concluded that it might be a bad dccv. What I did today was disconnect the dccv and still had no heat. After that I took it out and remove everything inside the dccv in an attempt to bypass it and not have to buy a new one. I put the gutted dccv back in, and the hoses that go to the heater core were warm, but I still had no heat!!! I then did the self diagnostics test on the datc and got codes 5041 and 1263. I assume that the problem now lies on the climate control module, because even with the gutted dccv I had no heat. I believe that code 1263 has to do with the cold air door, but I don't see how that would affect the heater, and then code 5041 has to do with the speed input. Before proceeding to buy a new one, I wanted to see what you guys had to say. Thanks in advance.

1263 is the panel door servo. This controls where the air comes out, and is not related to air temperature

1265 would be the cold air bypass door. If this door/servo fails in the cold position, then you would indeed lose all heating ability.

5041 is an interesting one, SCP Invalid Or Missing Data For Function Read Vehicle Speed

Here are some possibilities to look at:

1. Trapped air in the cooling system. Make sure you follow the correct air bleed procedure every time you open the cooling system. Check your degas bottle. If it's cracked and/or the metal tube inside has come loose, then you will never get all the air out.

2. Thermostat as was suggested.

3. The upper radiator hose has a plastic screen in it where it tees off to the DCCV. This may be clogged.

4. The heater cores may be clogged.

Well the thermostat is new so that would be out of question. Regarding the heater cores, I'm able to get a steady stream of coolant from the bleeder next to the degas bottler, so I think that's an indication that the heater cores are not clogged, correect me if I'm wrong. Lastly I haven't checked the screen in the upper radiator hose, but will do later on. What about the climate control? I mean I get nice cool ac, but no heat whatsoever. I was wondering if the internal temperature sensor could be faulty or something related.

Well the thermostat is new so that would be out of question. Regarding the heater cores, I'm able to get a steady stream of coolant from the bleeder next to the degas bottler, so I think that's an indication that the heater cores are not clogged, correect me if I'm wrong. Lastly I haven't checked the screen in the upper radiator hose, but will do later on. What about the climate control? I mean I get nice cool ac, but no heat whatsoever. I was wondering if the internal temperature sensor could be faulty or something related.

Setting the control to 90 causes it to go to max heat no matter what its sensors read. unplugging the DCCV eliminates the control ability to set the heat level anyway.

You have one of the following issues:

1. Coolant is too cold. What is the coolant temperature? Are you sure you assembled the thermostat correctly?

2. Little to no flow of coolant through the heater cores. (Clogged, trapped air, DCCV)

3. The cold air bypass door is stuck in the bypass position. (This should have given a 1265 error)

Wow thank you very much for the quick replies. Now let's say the the bypass door is the culprit. Any idea on where it is located, and how can I test using the buttons on the datc to ensure its functionability?

All the data that I have is for the gen II LS. On the gen II, they eliminated the cold air bypass door, so I don't have any diagrams showing it. On the plus side, if you find it to be the problem, if you can find some way to jam the door into the non-bypass position, the system should work okay that way.

i have this problem what did u do to fix this buddy. Hope we can talk. I really need my heat

i have this problem what did u do to fix this buddy. Hope we can talk. I really need my heat

Clearly you've searched the forum and read some posts on this problem. To save time, could you indicate that steps that you have taken and the results from them (like have you run diagnostics, and what did it return)? Also, a better description of the problem could help.

(babycarlos hasn't been on here in just over a year. He's probably not going to respond.)

you know what......you guys just helped me solve 2 problems with one thread. Thanks a lot. I have a clog in my radiator that is causing me to overheat and this looks like it could be the reason why i couldnt get cold air

you know what......you guys just helped me solve 2 problems with one thread. Thanks a lot. I have a clog in my radiator that is causing me to overheat and this looks like it could be the reason why i couldnt get cold air

I think that you may have misread something.
A clog (rare) in the radiator would not prevent the AC from working. (Do note that once the engine overheats the PCM will shutdown the AC compressor for as long as it is overheating, but you would still get cold air until it did overheat.)

Members online

Back