A/C Problem!!!

manoli

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Well its really hot in Fl. and my a/c stopped blowing cold. In january of this year everything was replaced in the ac system, compressor,dryer etc. I take my car back the other day and he checks the freon levels and the high side was good and the low side was very low so he filled it and it blew nice and cold again a day later and it was blowing half ass not nearly as cool. I take my car back today and he tells me that ac manifold hose is leaking??? So know he continues to tell me that he can't find the part anywhere, I have since called and checked online and have no luck as well. The only place ive found it is at the dealership for around $407.00 Part#19D734.

My questions:
Does anybody know where I can purchase this part other than the dealer?

Has anybody changed this before?

I have a 2000 Ls v8. Any help would be helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Well its really hot in Fl. and my a/c stopped blowing cold. In january of this year everything was replaced in the ac system, compressor,dryer etc. I take my car back the other day and he checks the freon levels and the high side was good and the low side was very low so he filled it and it blew nice and cold again a day later and it was blowing half ass not nearly as cool. I take my car back today and he tells me that ac manifold hose is leaking??? So know he continues to tell me that he can't find the part anywhere, I have since called and checked online and have no luck as well. The only place ive found it is at the dealership for around $407.00 Part#19D734.

My questions:

Has anybody changed this before?

I have a 2000 Ls v8. Any help would be helpful.

Thanks in advance.

A/C hoses are usually a dealer specific item. That said, you could always call Rock Auto or one of the other Ford parts distributors.

A/C hoses are usually a dealer specific item. That said, you could always call Rock Auto or one of the other Ford parts distributors.

I didnt think about calling Rock-Auto I checked the website and they dont carry the part, calling them first thing in the morning and Tasca. Thanks!

Give Max a try (ad to the right). He'll offer you a better price than most other dealers.

Try Max. I've met him in person and have talked to him many times via phone. He is very helpful. Mention LVC to get a discount.

Might want to check for a leaky schrader valve on the low side. They tend to get sticky and will leak out freon. $15 part that couldn't hurt to check. Pull the cap off the low side port and put your finger over it and if it is leaking, you should be able to feel or hear the pressure when you remove your finger from over the low side port.

Might want to check for a leaky schrader valve on the low side. They tend to get sticky and will leak out freon. $15 part that couldn't hurt to check. Pull the cap off the low side port and put your finger over it and if it is leaking, you should be able to feel or hear the pressure when you remove your finger from over the low side port.

What he said, plus the pressure sensors sometimes get loose or leaky. I've had that issue before. A freon sniffer comes in handy.

If you can take the complete hose manifold/assembly off, there is a place in Tampa called "Amazon Hose and Rubber" who can put a new flexible AC line on it for you. They will cut the old crimp off, weld on a new one, and then crimp on some new AC hose. They will also do it a HELL of a lot cheaper then $407. They are who I had convert my stock brake lines so SS. Their down by the docks and Ybor. http://www.amazonhose.com/

This of course doesn't help you if it's the metal manifold pieces itself that is leaking and not the rubber hose or it's crimp. Also, wash the damn thing and make it clean for them to work on. It will be cheaper that way.

The only place ive found it is at the dealership for around $407.00 Part#19D734.

My questions:

I just took the VIN off of a 2001 Lincoln LS V8 from ebay and fed it into fordparts.com. It lists the part call-out number of 19D734 as a motorcraft part number YF-2594. Rockauto has this part listed for a 2001 Lincoln LS for $217. Same part listed for a 2000 LS V8 as well.

So, I guess you have two options?

My car has the same issues. I took it to the dealer to get the system checked and they said it was the compressor being bad and the ac manifold leaking. I only paid $60 to get it diagnosed but its better to be sure than to test and guess parts.

Thanks guys for all your help so far, I was stuck at work all day and couldnt get done for my car.

I think im heading over to Ford tomorrow to get a correct diagnoses on whats going on just to be safe I hate replacing parts that are not broken.

Kumba thanks a lot man for the research saved me a big head-ache ;) that price is a hell of a lot better. I will keep you guys updated.

Thanks guys for all your help so far, I was stuck at work all day and couldnt get done for my car.

I think im heading over to Ford tomorrow to get a correct diagnoses on whats going on just to be safe I hate replacing parts that are not broken.

Kumba thanks a lot man for the research saved me a big head-ache ;) that price is a hell of a lot better. I will keep you guys updated.

No problem. That Ford # you got is the "Call out" number. The motorcraft part number is specific though, so that is what I used to match it up.

If you can take the hose off and drive to tampa, Amazon Hose will give you a quote on it. I would guess they could replace both rubber sections for $100 or so and take about a day to do it. If you can spare the cash and want new then rockauto or one of the other guys is the way to go.

Update went into the dealership yesterday 70 bucks for diag on ac, turns out it is the ac manifold hose, so he tells me 800 out the door to replace hose vacuum and recharge.....I tell him thank you but i'll buy the hose and get replaced else where thats just way too much, I was very polite so I mentioned to him to check the schrader valve on the low side and see if that can be replaced. He told me thats where its leaking from actually and now he says that yes it can be done for 200 includes vaccumed out old freon, recharged,new valve installed.Im dropping it off on monday.

Kudos to you Slickls ;)

Thanks everyone for there help I will keep you guys updated.

Welcome back to the world of frosty cold AC :)

Like I say, a car needs to do 4 things:
Start
Run
Stop
Blow cold air

An outfit that can't tell the difference between a leaky hose and a 'tire' valve, shouldn't be within 100 feet of the car to do work. Anyone minimally competent would know the difference. Smells like a rip-off in the making to me!!

KS

Update went into the dealership yesterday 70 bucks for diag on ac, turns out it is the ac manifold hose, so he tells me 800 out the door to replace hose vacuum and recharge.....I tell him thank you but i'll buy the hose and get replaced else where thats just way too much, I was very polite so I mentioned to him to check the schrader valve on the low side and see if that can be replaced. He told me thats where its leaking from actually and now he says that yes it can be done for 200 includes vaccumed out old freon, recharged,new valve installed.Im dropping it off on monday.

Kudos to you Slickls ;)

Thanks everyone for there help I will keep you guys updated.

No problem man. Glad I could assist you. That is a $15 parts and 5 minute install. Only thing that has to be taken off to get to it is the low pressure cap, then unscrew old valve, install new one. Draw all the air out of the system with a pump and then recharge the system. $200 is not bad, but it can be done yourself for less $50 and a half hour of your time.

No problem man. Glad I could assist you. That is a $15 parts and 5 minute install. Only thing that has to be taken off to get to it is the low pressure cap, then unscrew old valve, install new one. Draw all the air out of the system with a pump and then recharge the system. $200 is not bad, but it can be done yourself for less $50 and a half hour of your time.

I had a '95 SHO that had a leaky pressure sensor. They only charge me about $100 for vaccuum, oil, and fill. Guess that was about 2 years ago though. Stealerships are usually pretty pricey for common things like that though.

Welcome back to the world of frosty cold AC :)

Like I say, a car needs to do 4 things:
Start
Run
Stop
Blow cold air
I Can't wait to have a/c!! You know how hot is today in Fl :D
An outfit that can't tell the difference between a leaky hose and a 'tire' valve, shouldn't be within 100 feet of the car to do work. Anyone minimally competent would know the difference. Smells like a rip-off in the making to me!!
KS
I feel like they knew all along that they can just replace the valve, when I called them out on it maybe they thought twice about ripping me off. The rep assures me its that and if its not than they will refund my money so lets just see how it goes.

I know nothing about a/c work so im going to just let them mess with it. Qouted me 150 for install and however much for the freon, I feel its fair....I guess lol.

Update

Got my car back yesterday and she's blowing colder than ever before :D

Thanks everyone for there help.

Members online

Back