Help No Turn Signals where is relay

goodknecht

New LVC Member
Reaction score
I have a 1995 lincoln mark VIII LSC and the turn signals just went out, when I use left or right, nothing, no light that stays on the dash, just blank, and no emergency flashers either, have brake lights and tail lights, but the signals are all dead, checked all rear bulbs, cant get to front or rear side markers to see, bought a signal relay and cant find where it goes? anyone please help, this is killing me. I use to be a member of this great site and know there are many experts like geno out there who know about this problem, take care...

93-94 only - The flasher is just inside the glove box on the left, bolted against the dash metal piece there. You'll need to pop open the glove box completely to get to it iirc (unhook the cable for the soft-open, then pull the tabs in to open the door all the way.)

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks, found the problem

actually I found an old thread from 2005 where a few talked about spraying contact cleaner in the emergency flasher switch, I live in the dust bowl of lasvegas, so after a buch of spray and jerking off the switch 30 times :eek: :eek: they started working, unbelievable as it sounds it worked like a charm and would have been the last thing I would have guessed, but thanks to some EXPERTS who thank god frequent the site, all fixed.. It is great to actually know where the flasher is, and many thanks for that info, may just put a new one in so no worries for johny law when he gets behind my hot rod lincoln.. thanks guys

:D :D

No turn signals? Toggle that hazard switch!

OMG it really works! (1995 mark viii) I did not have any cleaner, so I drove to Radio Shack to pick up a can of contact cleaner and toggled the hazard switch all the way there. It DID feel kinda gritty, but did nothing. They were out of contact cleaner, so as I drove home, I kept toggling on-off-on-off...etc. As I pulled onto my street it actually started working!!! So, this means you may not even need the mess involved with cleaner fluids - just on-off-on-off-on-off-on-off-on-off and repeat :)

I have been having a problem with mine, my signals are working outside the car but the indicators on the dash are not working. whats up with that? is it the same thing?

Members online

No members online now.
Back