Dash Board Removal Thread

I had no idea what it looked like under there. Huge thanks for the photos.

What is that radiator type deal in there?? (sorry if this is retarded question).

EDIT: Nevermind, the two posts above this one answer this question... Haha

Has anyone had heater core, blend door, or evaporator problems in these cars?

There is no blend door.....but the dccv does go out.

After much fighting to just get 3 nuts off that gets the evaporator box out, it's finally out.

In the first pic one of the nuts that holds the box on is behind that rats nest of hoses, for the life of me I could not see what was holding the box up from coming out, so...if you do this, look here.

dash 9.jpg

dash 6.jpg

dash 7.jpg

dash 8.jpg

You do know that getting it out is easier than getting it back in, right? :p;)

Good job! Clean teardown. I have never gone that far and thanks to your testimony, have decided that I never will.

tools and time lol, good work man.

You are taking detailed notes for a tech article, aren't you? I'm sure someone else will need to remove the dash.

Yeah, I should!

Good job! Clean teardown. I have never gone that far and thanks to your testimony, have decided that I never will.

LoL!

tools and time lol, good work man.

you are a brave fellow.

Yeah thanks for keeping up with the pictures and the progress.

Thanks guys!

Well with hideous overtime and unreal heat, 117 heat index this last week one day, it's held me up a little on getting this beast together.

I have the Heater/evaporator box back in along with the dash. You almost have to have two guys to get the dash back in, which I did, it's awkward and HEAVY!

back in 1.jpg

back in 2.jpg

Do work son!

That some good work and patience right there. The LS isn't the most space friendly car to work in.

+1 on taking notes for a tech article.

Damn, do you have a job? This looks like days and days of work.

I was just thinking this, I wanted to change over to black interior....after seeing the work..ill pass lol

Great work BTW.....

LOL, maybe I'll take the dash out for you in that case JVIP? sent you a PM about that black LS.

Finally!

Ok, I actually had some free time tonight to finish this sucker up. I'm glad to report that everything works as it did except for one exception, the shifter indicator lights on the console are not working. Must be a plug I forgot.

After taking the car out for a test drive, which was so nice to be back in, on the way home I hear a metalic 'tap-tap-tap' from the back of the car. I pull into the drive to find a sizable bolt in the tread of the drivers side rear tire. :rolleyes: I guess I'll get that plugged.

Oh, I will do a quickie write up on this if you guys want and all I can say is that I way over did it on tearing the car apart. In not doing it before I had no idea, but lets just say I didn't have to disassemble as much as I did. Oh well.:p Now, time to get the A/C charged and this thing cleaned up!! :steering

the car.jpg

the dash.jpg

the bolt (1).jpg

i have pulled many dashes, expeditions f150s did a couple toyotas rav4 mustangs the worst one so far was a chrysler town and country, dash work is not fun.

That, Gents, is a job I'll pay someone else to do!!!

KS

That's what I said the last time I did a dash removal and replacement. I think that it really was the last time too.

Members online

No members online now.
Back