Intake/Diff. Swap

KStromberg

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I'm back all. Joined awhile back but I have been busy with work and such. With spring coming around, it has come time to play around with the car again. I recently did the Cobra intake swap and had a rebuilt differential put in with 4.30 gears. The fail mail-order tune has been all out of whack, so try to watch the video without cringing lol. Within the month, I'm getting the tune redone, especially the transmission parameters and I anticipate the car is going to drive much better and I should knock off some time at the track this year.

http://www.youtube.com/user/MrHotrodlincoln#p/a/u/0/hQYV0R8sNU0

Dude that was brave on the 3rd gear topend video...looks good sounds good...what did you do as far as the drive shaft after the diff swap?

Who's tune? 3800 stall?
Fun to drive huh :)

Do you go to Rockfalls? Brainerd?
Let me know when your going, it would be a fun day.

Dude that was brave on the 3rd gear topend video...looks good sounds good...what did you do as far as the drive shaft after the diff swap?

I've only been there once, and that was in that video. :D With overdrive on, I've had it faster, but that too was only once because it's just too scary for me without a rollbar. ;) The driveshaft is a 4" Dynotech with spicer solids.

Who's tune? 3800 stall?
Fun to drive huh :)

Do you go to Rockfalls? Brainerd?
Let me know when your going, it would be a fun day.

Absolutely Ford Nut! My first track outing EVER was last year and I went to Rock Falls with my friend and his cammed Police Interceptor. I've never been to Brainerd. I was told the altitude is more in your favor at Rock Falls? Yes, the converter is a 3800 stall by CIrcle D. Honestly though, I had my best luck launching the car right above idle. When I tried to launch it higher, my 60s were worse. I need to experiment with that this year after the tune is done. Yes, it's fun to drive. I have a new set of street tires on it as of yesterday and I came around the cloverleaf off 694 onto 35W , put her to the boards at about 50 mph and heard something I never heard before the swap. 3rd gear rubber at 80 mph! :D

Absolutely Ford Nut! My first track outing EVER was last year and I went to Rock Falls with my friend and his cammed Police Interceptor. I've never been to Brainerd. I was told the altitude is more in your favor at Rock Falls? Yes, the converter is a 3800 stall by CIrcle D. Honestly though, I had my best luck launching the car right above idle. When I tried to launch it higher, my 60s were worse. I need to experiment with that this year after the tune is done. Yes, it's fun to drive. I have a new set of street tires on it as of yesterday and I came around the cloverleaf off 694 onto 35W , put her to the boards at about 50 mph and heard something I never heard before the swap. 3rd gear rubber at 80 mph! :D

Yep rockfalls is about 200 ft closer to sea level, I believe, and you have to go uphill to the track, funny.
Did you have a fun time finding the tree? :D

I have never raced rockfalls but been have been there many times, first would 79.

Grove Creek is a 1/8 mile track outside Litchfield, it would be a good place to sort out 60ft times.
The test days are about $20 bucks less and you can run until the tires come off, less people and very noob friendly.
My son ran a JR dragster there a few years ago, great track great people.

Yep rockfalls is about 200 ft closer to sea level, I believe, and you have to go uphill to the track, funny.
Did you have a fun time finding the tree? :D

I have never raced rockfalls but been have been there many times, first would 79.

Grove Creek is a 1/8 mile track outside Litchfield, it would be a good place to sort out 60ft times.
The test days are about $20 bucks less and you can run until the tires come off, less people and very noob friendly.
My son ran a JR dragster there a few years ago, great track great people.

Hey thanks for the advice ford nut! That's not a bad idea at all. I definitely need to sort out my 60s. 2.0 60's won't cut it this year if I'm shooting for mid 13s. With the 4.30 gears, it would be nice to cut some 1.8s honestly.

Hey thanks for the advice ford nut! That's not a bad idea at all. I definitely need to sort out my 60s. 2.0 60's won't cut it this year if I'm shooting for mid 13s. With the 4.30 gears, it would be nice to cut some 1.8s honestly.

No problem, I like to help or try to. :)
You key is in your 60ft time.
Lot of guys will make fun of a 1/8 mile track, but a lot can be figured out at one.
What I found nice is how laid back it is, I could go up to the starting line get my son in the water, get him aimed straight, guide him into the staging lights.
If he over staged I could push him back and he could stage the dragster again.
Then watch it launch up close and trouble shoot any issue I might see.
We had a blast.
jr.jpg

jr2.jpg

I could stand right at the tree in front of the wall...a crew chiefs dream :)
You will die for his 60 ft time ;)

No problem, I like to help or try to. :)
You key is in your 60ft time.
Lot of guys will make fun of a 1/8 mile track, but a lot can be figured out at one.
What I found nice is how laid back it is, I could go up to the starting line get my son in the water, get him aimed straight, guide him into the staging lights.
If he over staged I could push him back and he could stage the dragster again.
Then watch it launch up close and trouble shoot any issue I might see.
We had a blast.
jr.jpg

jr2.jpg

I could stand right at the tree in front of the wall...a crew chiefs dream :)
You will die for his 60 ft time ;)

Wow, I wasn't expecting that as I was scrolling down! lol How cool is that??!! Lemme guess, 1.4s? Hot or cold?? :shifty::D

Sub 1.7s
alky motor and loud as hell.

When I first got it together "I had got it with the motor seized with a spare."
I had to move the pedals out as far as they would go, my son is tall.
I squeezed my fat ass into it on the driveway, all cement.

No way way I going to let JR into it without seeing what he was getting into.

I slammed down the skinny pedal, bounced my head off the roll bar as it left, and put two black stripes down my driveway.

Just got it stopped before the end of the driveway, and its a long driveway.

I knew we were in for some fun.

Members online

No members online now.
Back