Going to Mespock's Beach Party in 2011

GMAN

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I've never had the time to go to Rich's beach party in years past, but I am making a conscious effort to go this year. I've already reserved my room. Festivities are July 15th and 16th. I'm going to take off work Thursday the 14th, and Monday the 18th. For me here in Houston, It's a 19 hr drive, and I would love to get a Texas delegation to come along with me.

Hell yeah, that's awesome GMAN, can't wait to meet you. I drive almost 18 hours from NJ and I break it up over 2 days. I really enjoy the drive and it's totally worth it. See you there.

I think it would be cool to have some kinda map for people to show their route to the beach party.
I am making plans on going this year. It's a 999.7 mile drive and if I drive non-stop it's 16 1/2 hours. I would take I-55 all the way up.

GMAN, if you can swing leaving on Wednesday night after work, I would suggest doing that. Get a few hours of driving in that night, a good day worth of driving Thursday and some on Friday. While it says festivities start Saturday, to be honest Friday night is awesome I would suggest getting in no later that 4 PM on Friday to meet everyone and head out to dinner.

Hell anyone coming from the South Central you'd be passing bye so many LvC members I'm sure there are members who would offer you space to crash the night .... then bring them along .. LOL ...

Great to hear all those Beach Party virgins coming to the meet ... I'll do my best to make it a great time. But it's mainly the LvC members who make the meet great.

GMAN, if you can swing leaving on Wednesday night after work, I would suggest doing that. Get a few hours of driving in that night, a good day worth of driving Thursday and some on Friday. While it says festivities start Saturday, to be honest Friday night is awesome I would suggest getting in no later that 4 PM on Friday to meet everyone and head out to dinner.

My plan is to take vacation that Thursday and Monday. I'll leave Wednesday night after work. 18 hour drive for me. Perhaps I will meet up with Pepperman and drive in with him. I'm hoping Bill and Jeremy and find the time as well.

I will be there but i don't know what day i will be leaving, got to secure the days off first. :D

I am assuming everyone will be driving their Mark VIII's.

It would be a twelve hour trek for me, if I can get my pesky oil leak fixed ( I believe it is the oil filter gasket) I will make this trek. I drove her to Panama City Beach without fail so I believe she can make it to the land of cheese.

Greg, if the timing is right you can meet us in Illinois Thursday evening and ride the last 3-4 hours together....

The problem is I'm not exactly sure when we'll get there.

Greg, if the timing is right you can meet us in Illinois Thursday evening and ride the last 3-4 hours together....

The problem is I'm not exactly sure when we'll get there.

I wont be going through Illinois at all. Perhaps we can meet up in Wisconsin somewhere?

Well if you're coming from pretty much due south and he's coming from the east I doubt they'll intersect at any point worthwhile..Minus Mespocks of course..:)

Taking 80 all the way to Moline eh?

Prob the best route. Avoiding Chicago and Madison and all.

No, I'm not taking 80 past John's place. I'm going south to 70 and taking that, then coming up from the south. We're going to pick up JD in Beardstown too.

Members online

Back