Rotors, calipers, color matched grilles and surround installed

Alax7

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I finally got around to install my brakes, rotors, calipers and ss lines in all 4 corners last weekend. I also dropped off a few things to get color matched last week. I probably should've parked on the other side to get the sun's light to show the detail in the grilles better, but oh well, these will do for now

CDc and compared to the grille I made look really similar. The intrained eye could not tell them apart. I think it came out great. If anybody want some mesh to do your own, pm me

brakesandgrilles001.jpg

brakesandgrilles004.jpg

Rear ss line

brakesandgrilles006.jpg

brakesandgrilles008.jpg

brakesandgrilles009.jpg

cdc replica and surround. I had the cdc installed and the mclaren grille still at the shop because they painted the center pearl as well instead of black.

4-1.jpg

CDC

2cdc.jpg

REPLICA

1cdcreplica.jpg

Mclaren

3mclaren.jpg

cdc2-2.jpg

cdc.jpg

CDC

cdc1-1.jpg

cdc2-1.jpg

REPLICA

cdcreplica1.jpg

cdcreplica2.jpg

brakesandgrilles036.jpg

brakesandgrilles037.jpg

brakesandgrilles030.jpg

brakesandgrilles032.jpg

brakesandgrilles045.jpg

brakesandgrilles044.jpg

brakesandgrilles043.jpg

damn thats sexy.... now all you need are the wheels, drop, and turbo and you'll be set unless you've got anything else planned?

Looking good!

So what brake pads and rotors did you go for? And where did you get the Lincoln Star for the caliper? Is that an after market back up warning, the sensors look to be mounted a little high?

Nice job on the replica grill, looks very close! though I am partial to the McLaren... Gives it alot of sport.

And I agree once you drop that puppy it is going to be even meaner looking.

I love the way your car has come along!

The thing on the roof bugs me, my eyes are always drawn right to it, especially since you have a white LS lol.

Alax I have been keeping an eye out for a newer set of HIDs, and I want you to do them. But I have no found any good deals, one of my lights is like brand new, and the other is jacked to hell. So don't quit doing those anytime soon! lol

Oh and it looks like in one photo half of one of the lower beam rings is out? Also nice taillights! :D I see that LED tower in there!!

This post was one huge ramble/run-on.

Thanks guys, she's come a long way since I picked her up, I'm really proud of the progess.....If my girlfriend saw this last sentence she'd smack me and give me a look :D she would say,"it's just a piece of metal with wheels"

damn thats sexy.... now all you need are the wheels, drop, and turbo and you'll be set unless you've got anything else planned?

Thanks.I have rims, just have to save up for tires. But I think I will take things a little slower and stop trying to stretch out my money in one paycheck, for once :shifty:

That about sums it up, I also want to get a valentine radar and maybe other little things like finishing the full LED conversion. I just need the 4 turn bulbs and the 2 back up bulbs.I've done most things on my mod list so it's coming to an end.

Looking good!

So what brake pads and rotors did you go for? And where did you get the Lincoln Star for the caliper? Is that an after market back up warning, the sensors look to be mounted a little high?

I got those rotors from the guy who did the group buys here. I think it was rotor pros or something along those lines. PosiQuiet, i think they were, since it came when the package. It also came with only front ss lines since the guy on here and stop tech told me multiple times that rear ss lines are not made for gen2's, but since you and a few others have them, I bought some from a different store, they fit by the way.

Lincoln logo is baked on the calipers. It was done at the powder coating place. I wish it was a little bigger, but it's a decent size in person. I might get my extra set of front calipers powder coated locally and have a red logo hand drawn on there so i can have it made bigger than this one.

The rear sensors are oem sensors. I got them when I was rear ended along with a new bumper. They should be the same height as the rest, but I'll check my old pics. Oh and the sensors are black, I think 06 sensors are black, which gives it a cleaner look than the grey ones it had.

Nice job on the replica grill, looks very close! though I am partial to the McLaren... Gives it alot of sport.

And I agree once you drop that puppy it is going to be even meaner looking.

I love the way your car has come along!

The thing on the roof bugs me, my eyes are always drawn right to it, especially since you have a white LS lol.

Alax I have been keeping an eye out for a newer set of HIDs, and I want you to do them. But I have no found any good deals, one of my lights is like brand new, and the other is jacked to hell. So don't quit doing those anytime soon! lol

Oh and it looks like in one photo half of one of the lower beam rings is out? Also nice taillights! :D I see that LED tower in there!!

This post was one huge ramble/run-on.

It's your ocd kicking in with my antenna huh :p... Yeah, I've been meaning to take that off, it's the XM antenna but I got rid of it for the ipod interface so it has no purpose now. I always forget and remember when I see pics of my car.Oh and that pick that you said has half the low beam ring out is just the angle, I think and hope, since the other picture before and after are fully lit.

I'm planning on dropping the car real soon. Thats the last 2 boxes in my garage with stuff wainting to go on, new shocks and springs.

Yeah, the replica grille looks pretty good. The mesh grilles looks nice and clean, but the mclaren is the sporty grille. I dont know which I'm going to use first.

Well I think I am done doing the angel eyes mod for the summer, maybe even done period. My last inquiry had his lights shipped out saturday and no one else said they would ship them in the next 2 weeks before I start school. I had 2 people say they were interested in me doing them, but they dont come on that much so who knows, oh and HHDave too, but he hasn't said anything. I this last set that shipped out that wraps up my angel eye's service, I might have to make an exception though, you'll be my last. ;) . Whenever you find a set let me know.

There is one hid on ebay that looks good and for a fair price. I've been thinking of buying a brand new halogen set from max and swapin out the clear plastic covers to make them look like new again.

McLaren looks the best!

I've been thinking of buying a brand new halogen set from max and swapin out the clear plastic covers to make them look like new again.

Money well spent :p

Alax your car currently looks the best it has ever looked!! Really sharp, like others have said a drop and those 19s are really going to round out the package. Really nice work man!

i think the next thing you should work on is color matching the side skirts and the rear lower valence. so far it looks great

Alax7;715136 The rear sensors are oem sensors. I got them when I was rear ended along with a new bumper. They should be the same height as the rest said:
That is the normal height for the sensors. Remember talking about the color of the centers at FFF? On my silver LS they are grayish and on our Dark Cherry LS they are black. IIRC, Tony's red LS had black centers also. Weren't yours whitish at FFF?

What a sweet evolution of your car. Real nice.

You will need to add some fuel hose split down the side to the rear brakes hoses. They will rub on the upper control arm. I will stop by one day and show you what I did.

Thanks guys.

i think the next thing you should work on is color matching the side skirts and the rear lower valence. so far it looks great

Oh yeah, that too. I was going to leave them with my grilles to get painted but it was too much for everything so I'll just do those a little later.

That is the normal height for the sensors. Remember talking about the color of the centers at FFF? On my silver LS they are grayish and on our Dark Cherry LS they are black. IIRC, Tony's red LS had black centers also. Weren't yours whitish at FFF?

Yeah, thats why I think the black sensors are the newer 06 sensors. They were black at FFF, I already had my lse bumper on too and the rear bumper went on first. My old ones were the white/grey ones

What a sweet evolution of your car. Real nice.

You will need to add some fuel hose split down the side to the rear brakes hoses. They will rub on the upper control arm. I will stop by one day and show you what I did.

Yeah, thats a good idea. When I get my car back I'll check that out.Let me know when you're free to come.

Love it! So jealous wish I had half the time to do some of my half way done mods lol

it looks amazing...its easily one of the best looking ls's around here no doubt.

Excuse me while I go change my pants....its gorgeous! With those springs and your new rims it will be a complete package and super clean.

I really like that CDC grille too. Now all you need is an LSE and you will have plenty of options to suite your mood on any given day

Alax what kind of wheels are you thinking of putting on? any in mind?

Not to steal his thunder but he got some nice 19" 5 spoke volvo wheels. He posted up a pic in another thread somewhere

Thanks guys.

I love 5 spoke wheels! I love how they are simple, not too much going on, nice and sporty, so I spent I good amout of time looking for oem wheel to fit the ls, like the vulcans, but wanted to see what else was out there. I caught a glimpse of the xc90 suv with some nice wheels and wasn't going to go back and check but did anyways, I saw them and fell in love instantly.Checked online and lucky for me volvo's have the same lug pattern and close enough offset to use them. Very little difference in bore size but I already bought adapter for them, or whatever they are called, it's like a 1.5mm difference. After that, I spent 6 months trying to find a set and I finally did a month anf a half ago on ebay.Never seen them on an ls so I'm very stoked to get them on.

19x8. +46 offset which is perfect.

Volvo_XC90-V8-Sport_2008_sf-07_OEE_.jpg

xcwheels.jpg

xcwheels2.jpg

DSC_0008.jpg

your ls is unbelievable...her beauty is remarkable..nice work...after seeing your car i will definitely be changing a lot on my ls :)

Yup, I think this is probably/will be (drop and wheels) my favorite LS.

And yea once you paint the skirts it will look a lot sportier as well. And you better accept my headlights and angel eyes! lol, I don't plan on getting new lights anytime in the nearest future, but just something to keep in mind. I would highly appreciate you making an exception for me :D.

I just noticed you finally painted the surround (and it is in the title, haha). Looks 200% better than the chrome one, very nice. Also I am going to out on a limb here and say your LINCOLN LS emblems would look hott as hell in a semi gloss black, match the tips and sensors. Very sexy.

I'm glad my ls can be some kind of inspiration oskiny.

I am actuallty on the fence about the black tips. I might swap in some bassani mufflers with chrome 4'' tips later on. We'll see how they look with the lower bumper valence painted and skirts, maybe i'll keep them if they look better once everything is color matched so they stand out more.. Yeah, I'll make an exception for you, whenever you're ready down the line, after all, you were the one who convinced me to do angel eyes finally when you did yours and your thread was helpful along the way.

It also came with only front ss lines since the guy on here and stop tech told me multiple times that rear ss lines are not made for gen2's, but since you and a few others have them, I bought some from a different store, they fit by the way.

Would be good to pass on the information on where and how much, and the part number for the rear ss lines, others are interested and it will come up again.

Again, looking good!

I found it. Rotorpros. I emailed rich and he still gave me and a few other the same deal in this thread

http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=46171&highlight=rotorpros

Also, I got the ss lines from lsk. Everywhere else, the rears are only listed for 2000-2002 and fronts are 2000-2006. The ss lines are the same for all years though, I dont know why they insist on saying they wont fit.

I know when you change out the rotor, pads, and ss lines you can't see the difference in performance in the lines but when you just change out the lines it made a difference in brake pedal travel and not as spongy feel. I felt it was a worth while $200 upgrade.

Members online

No members online now.
Back