Has anyone done a short shifter for the LS Manual?

craigh

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I have been thinking about this for a while and I searched the forums, no one had found a solution or at least they did not post it.

I had a junk yard score this weekend and found a Manual LS so I pulled the shifter out of it. Thinking of trying to fabricate a short shifter from this. Has anyone done this yet? Any constructive thoughts would be great.

105_0165.jpg

Last edited:
The shifters in the 05' and newer mustangs are simular but are shorter if that helps.

Nope, I haven't been able to experiment with any shifters yet but another option might be to use the shifter from a 03' jaguar s-type as the reviews I read about it say it has a short firm throw which doesn't describe my shifter in the ls.

i've toyed aroung with the ideal of shaving down the shifter on my 03 auto if that counts

1LoudLS any customization counts !! What do u wanna do that for?? better look? I'd die to have the brake button as 2nd gens instead of the regular handle.. but its useless to drift :-D

Wut about a flush shifter?? kinda like newer vehicles??

I've thought about shortening my shifter too (auto) mainly for looks. Can it go flush without scraping? Maybe leave like a centimeter or two?.

How about being "that guy" and going with a super long shifter that extends past the ac vents...lol.

Lmao. With the long shifter it'll prolly look like ur punchin at somethin when u shift

What about paddle shifters on the steering wheel? just out of curiosity has anyone thought of this yet?

This isn't a manual but I wanted a nice shifter knob, something other than that wood bs. Had to take entire shifter out of car and modify it on the bench but, anything is possible, just depends on how bad you want it!

SHIFTER 1.jpg

I actually like the wood shift nob, I think it's nice

I actually like the wood shift nob, I think it's nice

+1 on that.

Your shift is very unique but just seems out of place in a lincoln. It looks like something you would see in a juiced up honda

Word....it just says cheap to me.

I hate seeing fake walmart mods on any vehicle, whether it be a riced up civic. Now a supra or an Sti....thats a whole different animal.

I hate seeing fake walmart mods on any vehicle, whether it be a riced up civic. Now a supra or an Sti....thats a whole different animal.

That's a $100 Razo shift knob, with 3 hrs labor to fit it to a gate shifter.

Walmart mod--your right.

Members online

No members online now.
Back