Shouldn't both floor mats have a hole for the hook?

DENNISJR60

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Not sure if anyone knows much about floor mats, but I've seen a lot of OEM floor mats for sale & only the drivers side has the hole in it for the hook attached to the carpet, but on my 03 both driver & passenger side have the hooked in the carpet & both of my mats have the hole for this. Do certain years have the hook on both sides & some years only on driver side?

I know this sounds stupid, but I need the hole on both mats & most OEM ones I find only have it on the driver mat...:confused:

Forget OEM, get some Llyod's Mats. Blows the OEM stuff away :) And yes, they had holes for both sides on the set that I had. Even the Lincoln rubber winter mats I had, had them.

gen 1 (at least MY gen 1) does not have the little hook for the mat on the passenger side.

Forget OEM, get some Llyod's Mats. Blows the OEM stuff away :) And yes, they had holes for both sides on the set that I had. Even the Lincoln rubber winter mats I had, had them.

I looked at the ones on LSK, but they are way to over the top for me. I just want the all black mat that has the small Lincoln emblem to the side where the door opens. Why do most of the OEM mats not have a hole on the passenger side if the car comes with the hook for it?

Just make them youself. I got regular rubber floor mats from pepboys and made holes in them for the little clips. Doesn't look proffesionally done with that little metal ting in the hole but it gets the job done for now.

gen 1 (at least MY gen 1) does not have the little hook for the mat on the passenger side.

maybe that's the reason then Gen 1 has drivers side only & Gen 2 has hook on driver & passenger side.

Just make them youself. I got regular rubber floor mats from pepboys and made holes in them for the little clips. Doesn't look proffesionally done with that little metal ting in the hole but it gets the job done for now.

I'd rather not do that, plus I like having the mat that is made & shaped for the car vs. an after market one from Pep Boys or something. I really want the OEM ones I found except the passenger side doesn't have the hook hole.

Ya those are too much for me I like simple like these.

BqLqwmCGkKGrHqUH-CcEuZ21jv3BLuoQZFd.jpg

That was just a sample picture. They are made with what you want on them. You can just get them with nothing on it or you can have them do a smaler lincoln logo like the one in your pic

That was just a sample picture. They are made with what you want on them. You can just get them with nothing on it or you can have them do a smaler lincoln logo like the one in your pic

OK gotcha I see that now. Hell I might have to just get the ones in the picture I posted as the Loyd's ones will cost me over $100 more which is just not worth it to me for something I'm gonna be putting my dirty ass shoes on.

I believe the reason for the hook and the hole is so that the mat does not move forward and get under the brake or gas pedal and interfere with driving. That being said, you would not need one on the passenger side unless the car is a right hand drive.

I suspect the mats you have with holes on both sides were also sold in Great Britain, Australia etc.

I believe the reason for the hook and the hole is so that the mat does not move forward and get under the brake or gas pedal and interfere with driving. That being said, you would not need one on the passenger side unless the car is a right hand drive.

I suspect the mats you have with holes on both sides were also sold in Great Britain, Australia etc.

No my car came stock with hooks on both driver & passenger side. I was at the Lincoln dealership today & the 2 LSE's they had on the lot were the same way.

Members online

No members online now.
Back