Would these wheels stick out on the LS?

DENNISJR60

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
If your car is not lowered, the +40 offset will be fine, provided they actually come in a 5x108, instead of 5x114.

If your car is not lowered, the +40 offset will be fine, provided they actually come in a 5x108, instead of 5x114.

It says they come in 5 x 108 or 5 x 114 so I guess I'm good there. My car is not lowered but if it was how does that make a difference? Also what does an offset of 40mm mean? What would be the best offset if I want my wheels to be flush & not stick out at all?

Sorry for all the questions, but even google has me confused...:confused:

42mm at minimum, IIRC, is what you want for it to not rub should you lower it. It also depends on the width of the wheel and tire used. Since those are 7" wide, you can probably get away with a 245 wide tire. The wheels I had were a 46 offset and had no issues at all with 245s all around.

Here's what a 38mm offset looks like on the LS (my first set of wheels). I forget what width the tires were, though...

Img_0308-1.jpg

The rears rubbed like a mother f*cker with NOBODY in the car going over dips. Drove me nuts.

The offset of a vehicle's wheel is the distance between the centerline of the wheel and the plane of the hub-mounting surface of the wheel.

40+ offset means from the center of the rim, it goes 40mm towards the outside of the rim. Stock offset is 60mm and compared to the 40mm, 40mm sticks out more. Thats why you can use 20mm spacers to push out the wheel more, making your stock rim a 40mm offset and pushing it out more. I got really confused on offset when I was trying to figure out what it was. It's backwards. You would think + offset would push the rim out but it's the other way around.

nycls8: wht springs do you have on the car in that picture. Also how big are those rims

oh ok because i want to get some 18 and the eibach springs. What combo for wheels and tires you think will be best

The size,offset and width of a rim come into play when you are trying to choose the right tire size, it's not just based on rim rim size. Find 18 rims you like and post the info on them and the wheel experts here can give you tire sizes you can run.

I'm not sure about how offsets work & all, but don't want any wheels I may get to stick out. I like having a lip, but if the wheel sticks out I won't like it.

Anyone that knows about this offset thing will these wheels stick out?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/17-5X114-3-5X108-RIMS-WHEELS-Lincoln-LS-Odyssey-CRV-95_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem1c101ffec8QQitemZ120529616584QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ht_5734wt_1190

those rims are ugly as :q:q:q:q....

those rims are ugly as :q:q:q:q....

Everyone has a right to their opinion of course...

I've shown them to about 20 people so far (male & female) along with other rims I'm looking at & only one person didn't chose these rims...well now 2 counting you. In the end though it's my car & my cash so my choice...:D

btw, the 1st ones are 1500 wit tires, and the 2nd are 1100 wit tires...

I like the 1st ones, but no go on the 2nd. What size are these? I'm just looking at 17's as I just got brand new tires.

And by the way your opinion SUCKS!:D

i only put the 2nd cuz u sed u like 5 spoke rims with no lip....but i hate them too...

i only put the 2nd cuz u sed u like 5 spoke rims with no lip....but i hate them too...

I do like the ones on the white BMW I posted a pic of. What size is the first rim you posted? I looked on wheels next under 17's but didn't see it.

sorry buddy, only come 18 n up, plus unless you got low profile 17 inch tires, wuteva rim u get will look ugly as hell with those fat balloon tires for the stock rim, so invest in some good all seasons for the 17s, and some nice summer tires for the 18s....

sorry buddy, only come 18 n up, plus unless you got low profile 17 inch tires, wuteva rim u get will look ugly as hell with those fat balloon tires for the stock rim, so invest in some good all seasons for the 17s, and some nice summer tires for the 18s....

Ya I'm not trying to do all that just get some rims & put one set of tires on. I live in Vegas so I'm not trying to get different seasons & be switching & :q

I have 245/45 tires right now & they don't look so bad at all.

bastard, you dont have to deal with harsh winters like some people but 45 isnt too thick but on the rim it looks thick

my wheels are 19x8 38 offset 275/30 in the rear. intrax springs. only rubs on a real big dip. fronts are 245 and ive cut 1.5 coils off and it hasnt rubbed yet.

my wheels are 19x8 38 offset 275/30 in the rear. intrax springs. only rubs on a real big dip. fronts are 245 and ive cut 1.5 coils off and it hasnt rubbed yet.

I really like how the rims sit on your LS. They look perfect to me & don't stick out at all. I've been looking at ones that are 40 offset is the much difference in how they will look compared to yours?

Members online

No members online now.
Back