1st gen to 2nd gen lse bumper?

Angel12

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
So what is the real difference in the two bumpers?

Will a 1st gen LSE bumper fit a 2nd gen ls?

lol I just asked my source.... there is a gap when putting the 2nd gen bumper on the 2st gen. So like I said on the phone it will likely tuck under the lights. if not some minor trimming would fit it in.

Okay so wait there will be gaps ? Anyone else attempt this any insights will help

When you put a gen2 bumper on a gen1, there is a gap, since the headlights on the gen2 are bigger.

So, when putting a gen1 bumper onto a gen 2, I would think that MAYBE there would be interference with the larger headlights. Nothing a little trimming wouldn't take care of. But it very well could just slide under the headlights too.

yeah thats the 2nd gen and the ones I sent you are 1st gen. hell watch this:

1st gen LSE
24451180031_large.jpg

2nd Gen LSE
CopyofDSCN1518.jpg

oh and as far as having to cut it a first gen bumper to fit on second gen, Id put money on not having to. Both gens bumpers run under the headlights. with the 2nd gen headlight sticking out further, it woul just cover more of the bumper and its like a few millimeters.

Didn't know you had an lse bumper sully. Got tired of the look? Is that a cdc bumper? I can't see the bars in the opening, or did you cut them?

not my car.... LOL

I had it on for like 2 weeks. I never drove it on the road. Trailered the car to the track with it for my wedding, but thats it

Oops. Wrong thread. I meant to post on the one where it shows the angel eyes and the eye brows on it.

okay but other than that the 2nd gen lse bumper looks a lot more aggressive and bigger

im looking for a look like this to cut to the chase :

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h91/rlisiak/CopyofDSCN1518.jpg

but i see that the 1gen lse bumper is smaller and within no lower middle grille insert

02V8Sport nice

In the process of doing this conversion as of now. Putting a 06 bumper on Gen 1 LS. Got the gen 2 headlights also. Just got to get a few more things then I'll be ready.

Here's the gap on mine. It's an 01 with the gen 2 LSE bimper. My body shop guy said it was a pain to put on, he thinks it'd been wrecked before. He could've fiberglassed the gap, but I told him not to worry about it since I'm getting gen 2 lights eventually.

Drivers side top
0011.gif

Drivers side front
0021.gif

Pass side top
0031.gif

Pass side front
0041.gif

how much you get ur bumper for? Also got any pics from a far away angle not so zoomed in

thats reverse of what he trying to do. He is asking about doing the 1st gen bumper on the 2nd gen ls

ok so i have a 2000 lincoln ls and i wanna put a lse front bumper cover on it. please help me out, should i get a 1st or 2nd gen lse bumper for my car?

I have a 1st gen lse bumper for sale if you want it but for your question it depends on you if you get a 2nd gen you have to buy new headlamps to cover the gap that will be there and new fogs and brackets but the look is totally different 2nd gen is sexy

+1, both look great. Different looks though. Hey look who it is, haven't seen you in a a little while

I have a 1st gen lse bumper for sale if you want it but for your question it depends on you if you get a 2nd gen you have to buy new headlamps to cover the gap that will be there and new fogs and brackets but the look is totally different 2nd gen is sexy

Are you still selling the 1st gen bumper?

Where do you get the Brackets and fogs? 2nd are you still selling this and how much are you asking. I'm willing to buy either and I wouldn't mind buying new headlights anyway with Angel Eyes.

Members online

No members online now.
Back