Sound right? and a Question.

02LSE96LSC91SE84TC

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
So I started driving the MarkVIII about two weeks ago. It hadnt been more than moved in and out of the garage since November of 07. Battery was dead and wouldn't come back so new battery and been driving it since.

So heres the thing, it was so damn slow at first. I honestly thought maybe something was wrong. Ran fine but just a dog, felt like I had 1000lbs in the trunk. But it seems its got better with the days, and the temp has dropped some which helps but...

I just ran somewhere and made a left a little quick and maybe put her down halfway once straightened out and she broke both free and just pulled hardest yet, not even floored. Top of first gear maybe 15-20 and she pulled the front up, tires squelling, people looking crazy at me.

Combination of the computer relearning and crappy old gas??? I'm guessing. First few days I was pretty let down by its lack of power but shes seems to be strong as ever, at least now.

Now the question. I had a chip made years ago with it set for 3.73s. Never did the gears so never stuck the chip in.

If I throw it in with the stock gears will it matter?

With the stock 3.27s will my shifts go way late?

Easy enough to take the chip back out, we have the rev limiter anyway

:gr_devil:

That's an interesting one. I'd just ride it until it tore up...then fix what's wrong. It'd be very hard to diag that issue now.

Easy enough to take the chip back out, we have the rev limiter anyway

:gr_devil:
Threw it in.

The VIII must go off rpm and not speed for shift points. At least the 1-2 shifts perfectly, firmly and exactly at 6k. Unless its suppose to be higher with the tune. Guess I'll find out with a 2-3 shift.

Have to say it is nice to get rid of those 30 seconds shifts. What a difference, tranny feels so much better.

Car runs cooler....earlier fan.

I had forgot some of the little things I had in the tune.

Bumped the idle 100rpm, 600 seemed so low 700 feels more right to me. Glad I did it.

I had completely forgot till driving it that I had the overdrive held to 40mph, nice for city cruizing with it in third. Works perfct.

Power....you know how that is....feels stronger but not going to assume I gained to much. But WOT in a slightly bent on ramp she chirped second, never did that before and I do WOT that ramp regularly.

Members online

No members online now.
Back