Sold the LS - Last pictures I snapped

steagle

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
it was a sad day to say the least... put a lot of love into this car... but in the end it was the smart thing to do. goodbye LS... maybe one day we will meet again!

thedon1.jpg

thedon2.jpg

thedon3.jpg

thedon4.jpg

thedon5.jpg

thedon6.jpg

thedon7.jpg

sad to see you go Steve, i really liked your LS. i saw your car parkes right outside the hotel i work at (Shutters on the Beach) and called you but it must have been a wrong number or something. again, sad to see you go. what are you replacing it with?

sad to see you go Steve, i really liked your LS. i saw your car parkes right outside the hotel i work at (Shutters on the Beach) and called you but it must have been a wrong number or something. again, sad to see you go. what are you replacing it with?

what's up rick, well to tell you the truth i'm not replacing it with anything right now, lol. i bought a mountain bike and am biking to the Metrolink station and taking that to work every day now. i forgot to tell you, i moved to Simi Valley a couple months ago, so you can imagine the cost of commuting from there to Burbank (60 miles) it was costing me around $400 in gas and then add the car payment, insurance, and basic wear and tear on top of that... ouch. turns out i got a busted timing chain guide rail in the engine so with that costly repair on top of everything i decided it was time to let it go.

when i got some money saved up for a down payment i think the next car is going to be a Saturn Sky Redline... after having a big sedan for so long it will be nice to have a roadster... and it's RWD too ;) 260bhp/260lbs torque turbocharged 4 cylinder, 5 speed manual, 22/28mpg. this is the one i'm looking at, an 07 w/ 8k miles:
5494U.04.jpg

Where did you find clear corner lenses for the front bumper and in the housing? I love that look!
the clear sidemarker lenses i got from an eBay seller last year. the link was posted here and they went like wildfire. they had clear and smoked lenses.. i'm sure someone here will remember the eBay seller.. i completely forgot. as for the headlights i just opened them up and took out the amber lenses, didn't put clear ones in there because LSK was sold out for the longest time.

well good luck with your future ventures my friend. the commute can kill you for sure. here i am complaining about 25 miles to work everyday, lol. kind of puts things in perspective.

what's up rick, well to tell you the truth i'm not replacing it with anything right now, lol. i bought a mountain bike and am biking to the Metrolink station and taking that to work every day now. i forgot to tell you, i moved to Simi Valley a couple months ago, so you can imagine the cost of commuting from there to Burbank (60 miles) it was costing me around $400 in gas and then add the car payment, insurance, and basic wear and tear on top of that... ouch. turns out i got a busted timing chain guide rail in the engine so with that costly repair on top of everything i decided it was time to let it go.

when i got some money saved up for a down payment i think the next car is going to be a Saturn Sky Redline... after having a big sedan for so long it will be nice to have a roadster... and it's RWD too ;) 260bhp/260lbs torque turbocharged 4 cylinder, 5 speed manual, 22/28mpg. this is the one i'm looking at, an 07 w/ 8k miles:
5494U.04.jpg

Nice idea, that is one of the cars I wish I had known was coming out before i got my play car. Find someone who is good with HPT and you can have 300Hp and around 330-40 Ft. Lbs on just a tune :)

well good luck with your future ventures my friend. the commute can kill you for sure. here i am complaining about 25 miles to work everyday, lol. kind of puts things in perspective.
i went from walking to work for 3 years, to driving 5 miles each way for 1 year, to 28 miles each way (for god knows how long lol). big change. never had to deal with freeway commuting in LA before, i was one of the lucky ones. not the case anymore. but hey i love this Metrolink train there is always room to store my bike, plenty of seating, and it gets me to work and home in the same amount of time it would take me to drive. but of course no traffic, no :q:q:q:q:q:q:q LA drivers, none of that stress, it's a really nice way to start and end the day.

let's see how long i can hold out before the need to have a fast car gets ahold of me again ;)

I'm not sure I'd buy a car from a brand that has been dissolved. Good luck.

you are lucky to not need a car. I wish I could get rid of a car payment and all the crap that goes along with owning a car.

well at least you have a bitchin ride to go along with all that hassle ;)

@King - yeah it's definitely not the first brand that would jump to mind for a new car but theres still 3 years of full warranty coverage and i can extend that to 2014, bumper to bumper if i want... will be a little costly but good piece of mind. haven't made up my mind yet, might just get an 09 Civic EX and save a grip of cash, haha

Members online

No members online now.
Back