Umnitza Orion V2 03+ 60 LED halos.

This is the Final Upgrade! 2.2 version low beam ring now fits almost flush Here are the updated pics.

So close..... looks like the diameter is still off some. Just couldn't get them any bigger huh? They do look very good though, high quality LED rings. That fitment is just not right...

So close..... looks like the diameter is still off some. Just couldn't get them any bigger huh? They do look very good though, high quality LED rings. That fitment is just not right...

Thats what sucks about our head lights. I really want a set but I hate how it has such big gaps around it.

It dont even look like those are to far off. It looks like you could just spread them apart more at the tips and they would fit.

Maybe the oven trick would work? Heat them up to get the plastic soft (relatively speaking) and then pull the ends apart. Then while hot put the halo around something of the right diameter so it cools in the correct shape.

Potential issues as I see it are that you would have to be careful not to damage the circuitry for the leds, the temp you would have to get the plastic to would be very close to hot enough to cause some damage to other things, and the potential for discoloration. I have no idea what type of plastic they are made out of so these are all pie in the sky guesses from when I worked in injection molding 15 years ago.

Maybe the oven trick would work? Heat them up to get the plastic soft (relatively speaking) and then pull the ends apart. Then while hot put the halo around something of the right diameter so it cools in the correct shape.

Potential issues as I see it are that you would have to be careful not to damage the circuitry for the leds, the temp you would have to get the plastic to would be very close to hot enough to cause some damage to other things, and the potential for discoloration. I have no idea what type of plastic they are made out of so these are all pie in the sky guesses from when I worked in injection molding 15 years ago.

Yeah, Im not saying we should try.:eek:

Im just saying it looks like Umnitza has the right size, just need to form a more proper shape.:)

actually those are very very close. te ones i have are about the same. i dont think you can get a perfect fit on the low beam side or the ccfl rings would have had the right size ...............im ready to buy

You could. I seen lots of CCFL's in odd shapes. Check out the ones for some bikes. Like Im saying, thats the right size it just needs to be spread apart at the opening more. All it is is a circle with a small portion cut out. Take that and pull it out so its slightly more U shaped.

The ones I saw for the 2nd Gens always looked good tho. Way better than the 1st Gens.

You could. I seen lots of CCFL's in odd shapes. Check out the ones for some bikes. Like Im saying, thats the right size it just needs to be spread apart at the opening more. All it is is a circle with a small portion cut out. Take that and pull it out so its slightly more U shaped.

The ones I saw for the 2nd Gens always looked good tho. Way better than the 1st Gens.

i just looked at my set and its the same as these leds.. maybe a few mil off. these look good.....

Well lightwukz, can you open up the top part a little more? It is "so close" as stated.

we thought about this and this what could be done, there is a reinforcement bar on the top that holds the ring if you cut it off, you will be able to get a few more MM's 5 for sure

its not glass CCFL tube anymore so you can bend them a bit without braking the ring

from several feet away the gap between the ring and the housings will not be noticeable on the 2.2 ring

we have 00 kit on ebay already. 00 owners can check out how they will look. the full circle will not work out

What do you recommend about modifying it to stretch out a little more? Like is it safe to be pretty forceful with these? Or are they extremely delicate.

Like someone earlier said, heating it up to soften it a bit and then pulling them apart might work wonders. What kind of abuse can they handle in terms of flexibility?

Rings has board inside so its already better then ccfl tube. You wont be able to get more then 10MM's for sure but few extra will help. Heat might help to get a better shape. We do use this method once in a while, someone needs to hold a heat gun or a blow dryer and another person should slightly stretch after the plastic cools it should get a new much wide shape. but remember this is not a rubber ring you wont be able to go more then 10MM its just not physically possible. the most clearance you will gain in on the top

Wouldnt it depend on where you bend it from? I would find a similar shaped object or at least in size and cut it along the top and then heat up the ring in the oven and bend it around the object.

Couldnt that work? Its how they do those cheap DIY ones.

i think it looks good already.. when you bend these it may distort the ring at the bottom where it sits nicely in the curve... IMO these are a great fit... how much again lightwurkz?

199 with free shipping for these ones on the first gen.

But I think any more money that I throw at this car, will be to make it faster.

yeah, if you are referencing the ccfl ones, those go for like 140 from lightwurks on their ebay page.

On his ebay site :-D

Unless I got the years mixedup but I thought I clicked the Lincoln LS 2003-2007

The ones for ours Pete are like 100$ or just a bit more.

Im answering pektels question on in a round about way!

199 with free shipping for these ones on the first gen.

I think your looking at the CCFLs man!

EDIT::eek: I was wrong. I though our first gens use the E39 or something?

Members online

No members online now.
Back