Location of EEC plug in '94 Lincoln Continental for code monitor

Tipping My Hat

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Location of the EEC unit on '94 Lincoln Continental.

It is a little black box on the left side of the engine area located against the black plastic cover plate - on the back wall - for heater blower or whatever that is.

It has written on the top EEC. You'll need a flathead screwdriver while holding the unit in one hand to hold secure so as to not rip the wires. Unsnap the clip and pull down. That will expose the plug for you to insert the code monitor.

Newbie to the group and to Lincolns :feedback

1994 Lincoln Continental
Executive Series
3.8 Liter engine

(Inside door states car manufactured in fall of '93)

Check Engine Light comes on with the obligatory-insanity-inducing beeps. I get out, open hood, check engine, and well, there's definitely an engine in there. Often when I get back in the car and restart, no light or beeps.

Tonight I purchased from Kragen, a device that reads codes on Lincolns and comes with a secret decoder book. The detailed instructions only say to plug it into the device that is typically under the hood. No kidding. :confused:

Where is this item that I plug the code reader into?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Welcome to LVC!
I'm not sure where yours will hook up, but I know someone will tell you. Mine hooks up under my steering wheel, theirs a port for it.

Exhausted search for code hook up

Thanks. I've spent most of this morning searching the net, looking at AllData, crawling through my car, and nothing.

I think finding the Holly Grail will be easier than this beast. :cool:

Welcome to LVC!
I'm not sure where yours will hook up, but I know someone will tell you. Mine hooks up under my steering wheel, theirs a port for it.

Members online

Back