Lincoln LS Aftermarket Emblems!

G

GrayGhost1

Alright guys! Here are aftermarket emblems for the Lincoln LS! I went ahead and painted a set of red emblems for my car and attached it. I used the chrome spray paint that I had left over from a previous project to paint the grooves. I taped up the edges real good and painted the back of the emblem. I'm thinking that if you want the light colored look you shouldn't paint it at all. I think it would look better NOT painted. Just use the tape I'll send with the emblems and stick them on. Let me know what you think. I have several sets of each color and will be stocking more to come. There are 5 basic colors, Black, Silver, Red, Orange and Blue.

emblems1.jpg

emblems2.jpg

emblems3.jpg

emblems4.jpg

emblems5.jpg

emblems6.jpg

emblems7.jpg

emblems8.jpg

emblems9.jpg

If you are interested in buying some emblems you can. They are $15 each which includes shipping. I will include the double backed tape with the emblems but will not attach it to the emblem. This is just in case you want to paint the star portion what ever color you want.

I'll get back to you tonight on my thoughts. I'll call you. I have a decent idea that should make you and everybody else happy.

MonsterMark said:
I'll get back to you tonight on my thoughts. I'll call you. I have a decent idea that should make you and everybody else happy.

Great! Love to hear from you!

I just placed my rear passanger side tail light. The OEM had the name written across it "LS V8". The replacement just have "LS" Does anyone know where I can get the lettering that says "LS V8"?

Contact your dealer. It shouldn't cost more than $15-$20. It can be purchased separately from the tail light.

A question about the colored emblems

Do they go on top of the factory emblem or are they replacement emblems (are the factory emblems removed?)

GrayGhost1 said:
Alright guys! Here are aftermarket emblems for the Lincoln LS! I went ahead and painted a set of red emblems for my car and attached it. I used the chrome spray paint that I had left over from a previous project to paint the grooves. I taped up the edges real good and painted the back of the emblem. I'm thinking that if you want the light colored look you shouldn't paint it at all. I think it would look better NOT painted. Just use the tape I'll send with the emblems and stick them on. Let me know what you think. I have several sets of each color and will be stocking more to come. There are 5 basic colors, Black, Silver, Red, Orange and Blue.

emblems1.jpg

emblems2.jpg

emblems3.jpg

emblems4.jpg

emblems5.jpg

emblems6.jpg

emblems7.jpg

emblems8.jpg

emblems9.jpg

If you are interested in buying some emblems you can. They are $15 each which includes shipping. I will include the double backed tape with the emblems but will not attach it to the emblem. This is just in case you want to paint the star portion what ever color you want.

johnb said:
Do they go on top of the factory emblem or are they replacement emblems (are the factory emblems removed?)

think chrome spray paint would work well on my chrome pieces on my 97 conti? I wanna paint over the scratches and respray the grille to give it a nice clean new look can I get it at like wal mart or autozone ect..?

You have to removed the old emblem, and install this in place of it.

johnb said:
Is the old one easy to remove?
The best way is to heat it up with a hair dryer and slip some dental floss or thread behind the emblem. Move the thread downward to loosen the adhesive tape. It should pop off. You may have to heat the emblem up a few times in the process. The only thing holding the old emblem on is double sided tape.

Not at all, you can remove it by simply using some dental floss.

I got some blue ones and painted the star black. They look really good, I'm still trying to decide if I like the look on my car though. I'm just used to having more of a blacked out look.

Black03 said:
I got some blue ones and painted the star black. They look really good, I'm still trying to decide if I like the look on my car though. I'm just used to having more of a blacked out look.
Got some pics?

Very bad pics, but I wasn't about to get out in the heat to take some better ones.

vbgarage.php

vbgarage.php

Im going to half to say I dont like it, the blue doesnt match anything else on the car. Maybe black, silver, or red (becasue of the tails) might work.

Originally I was going to paint the calipers blue and tie it in that way, but I have not done that yet. I wanted to see what I thought about blue accents instead of red before I painted anything.

I'm thinking the orange or silver would look good. Also, you might want to consider painting your license plate surround. I added a picture of a black car with the orange emblems below.

Also, I got a set of 18" x 8" CDC wheels like you have and I've been contemplating whether to send them off to be chrome plated. I had my OZ Racing Classe rims chrome plated over a year ago. However, I'm wanting a change. I noticed you had a set and they look really good on your car.

mclaren 017.jpg

The surround does need to be painted black, it's on my list of things to do but I'm a little short on time and money right now.

i like how you painted the sign black, it looks pretty cool... kinda more noticeable that way, i think you should paint your sign black too Ken

OEM Lincoln LS Grille Badge

Does anyone know where I can get an OEM Lincoln LS grille emblem? I would like to save the one on my stock grille and use an OEM on my McLaren grille. I have checked with Ken at LSKoncepts and Torrie at FordParts Network. They cannot provide the OEM Badge.

I want to get some opinions on this idea. I think I'm gonna go back to black emblems, and like GWL said it is not that easy to find the OEM ones. If I were to get another set from Ken do you think a blue or red star would look good?

Thanks Grayghost1

GrayGhost1 said:
The best way is to heat it up with a hair dryer and slip some dental floss or thread behind the emblem. Move the thread downward to loosen the adhesive tape. It should pop off. You may have to heat the emblem up a few times in the process. The only thing holding the old emblem on is double sided tape.

Thanks, it worked like a charm! I replaced the original emblem with the red one!

johnb said:
Thanks, it worked like a charm! I replaced the original emblem with the red one!
Great to hear! Post some pics when you get a chance.

Members online

No members online now.
Back