Palin palling around with drug criminals......

JohnnyBz00LS

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Need some fresh topic in here, the Obama COLB thread has been stale after 400 posts.......

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2008/12/19/levi-johnstons-mother-arrested-drug-charges/

Mother of Palin Daughter Boyfriend Arrested on Drug Charges

The mother of Levi Johnston, the Wasilla teenager who is the father of Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin's daughter's unborn child, was arrested Thursday on drug charges.

The Anchorage Daily News reported Friday that Sherry L. Johnston, 42, was arrested by Alaska State Troopers at her Wasilla home and charged with six felony counts of misconduct involving a controlled substance.

The arrest was the result of an "undercover narcotics investigation," according to police.

Few details were available. Johnston was released on $5,000 bond, according to the paper.

Johnston's son, Levi, drew headlines soon after John McCain named Palin to be his running mate at the end of August. The campaign announced in a press release that Palin's 17-year-old daughter Bristol was pregnant, and that Johnston, 18, was the father. The story became the soap-opera subplot to the Republican National Convention the next week.

Levi Johnston and Bristol Palin have said they intend to marry in the summer. Their baby is due Saturday, according to the Anchorage Daily News.

Would it be so boring if it were the floppy ear coke head?

Jwerner - nope, the right would be dancing all over this if the guilty party was Biden's son's in-laws... or any connection to Obama

I sometimes get the feeling that I am watching Bad Boys or Trailer Park Boys whenever news concerning Sarah Palin or her family is aired. The turkey pardon thing was so funny that even the boys at SNL said that there was no way they could top that with a parody.

I need to see if Vegas has odds on the 'wedding' - I really don't think that Levi will ever walk down the aisle with Bristol.

Troopers charged Johnston with second-degree misconduct involving a controlled substance -- generally manufacturing or delivering drugs -- as well as fourth-degree misconduct involving controlled substances, or possession.

Wassila is the meth capital of Alaska.

These are the people Republicans wanted to let into the White House.
A barely educated woman with a pregnant teenage daughter whose boyfriend's mother is an (alleged) drug dealer.

The turkey pardon thing was so funny that even the boys at SNL said that there was no way they could top that with a parody.

I couldn't stop laughing watching the turkey pardon.
I mean like hey get a clue

Jwerner - nope, the right would be dancing all over this if the guilty party was Biden's son's in-laws... or any connection to Obama

That's absolute bullcrap.
First of all, this story isn't about Palin's son-in-law.
It's about her daughters, fiance's, mother. That's an association that has NOTHING TO DO WITH PALIN. The purpose of a story like this is simply to smear or embarrass Sarah Palin. And Johnny drive-by troller's title is clearly meant to mislead. It'd be more accurate to have titled it "Mother of high school athlete in Wasilla, Alaska arrested on drug charges"

And even when there are stories of Democrat kids gone wild, none of us harp on it or are found "dancing all over it." It's also interesting how you used the term "guilty party" in this circumstance, when a good liberal like yourself knows full well she's only been charged with the crime.

I sometimes get the feeling that I am watching Bad Boys or Trailer Park Boys whenever news concerning Sarah Palin or her family is aired.
Speak of elitism....

It's about her daughters, fiance's, mother. That's an association that has NOTHING TO DO WITH PALIN

Nice
Using her own criteria critisizing Ayers, it's accurate to say that Palin pals around with drug dealers.

Cal - Biden's SON's in-laws.

Same degree of separation - if the kids actually go through with the wedding...

Oh, you are right - innocent until convicted - I'll remember that as you continue to try and hang everyone on the left...;)

And heck - even Ozzie and the Gotti's have reality shows... It is a level of celebrity -sort of 'b' list...

And if you haven't seen Trailer Park Boys you should - it isn't a reality show - it is a Canadian parody of US reality shows - it is soooo funny.

But, you do have to admit, the turkey thing was one of the funniest things this year...
kill-me-lk1114bd.jpg

Cal - Biden's SON's in-laws.
But, this story isn't even about her daughter's fiance, it's about his mother. The story is in no way a reflection of Sarah Palin. It's nothing than an attempt to smear her. And if Biden were associated with a petty junky through marriage it wouldn't reflect on him in anyway either.

But you failed to acknowledge my point-
no one on the right would be dancing all over the story if a Democrat of rising prominence in the party had a similar affiliation with an accused dirtbag. Infact, even when prominent Democrats have had problems with their childrens, rarely is it mentioned, let alone gloated over.

No, that kind of poison seems to be practiced most intensely in Democrat circles. Unless you'd like to imply that the media and Democrats treated the Bush twins the same as they did Chelsea?

Oh, you are right - innocent until convicted - I'll remember that as you continue to try and hang everyone on the left...;)
It's fine if you want to imply that she's guilty, I'm just pointing out your selective hypocrisy.
And I'd wager that this woman probably isn't a right leaning Republican voter... just a hunch though.

But, you do have to admit, the turkey thing was one of the funniest things this year...
No, I think the story about John Edwards locking himself in the lobby bathroom of a hotel after visiting his bastard baby and mistress was funnier.

If Palin is so close to her daughter and her daughter so close to her fiance, then how is it so hard to acknowledge that Palin must have known what was going on? Or is Palin really not the all American mom she was made out to be?

I doubt Palin made the arrest or even placed the tip off;)

She knew.

Im pretty sure the "smearing" from the Republicans would come off way worst if it was Obama who's daughter was pregnant and her fiances mother was the one busted!

There would be about 5-6 not so boring threads by now, that Im sure.

But, this story isn't even about her daughter's fiance, it's about his mother. The story is in no way a reflection of Sarah Palin. It's nothing than an attempt to smear her. And if Biden were associated with a petty junky through marriage it wouldn't reflect on him in anyway either.

Just as if Joe Biden's SON's mother-in-law (in-law). And so 2 degrees of separation is enough to distance you from inappropriate behavior - good to see there is a defining line here...;)

But you failed to acknowledge my point-
no one on the right would be dancing all over the story if a Democrat of rising prominence in the party had a similar affiliation with an accused dirtbag. Infact, even when prominent Democrats have had problems with their childrens, rarely is it mentioned, let alone gloated over.

Tell that to the Kennedy children.

No, that kind of poison seems to be practiced most intensely in Democrat circles. Unless you'd like to imply that the media and Democrats treated the Bush twins the same as they did Chelsea?

Nope - did Chelsea have the same underage drinking problems as the Bush twins? I don't remember reading anything along those lines. Chelsea's boyfriend choices do get 'smeared' all the time though...

No, I think the story about John Edwards locking himself in the lobby bathroom of a hotel after visiting his bastard baby and mistress was funnier.
Well that was hilarious - but not caught on tape - the turkey tape is soooo funny.

I sometimes get the feeling that I am watching Bad Boys or Trailer Park Boys whenever news concerning Sarah Palin or her family is aired. The turkey pardon thing was so funny that even the boys at SNL said that there was no way they could top that with a parody.

+1

Clueless Gov. Sarah Palin conducts an interview in the foreground of an ongoing turkey slaughter after her pardon of the only lucky turkey. Caution: Don’t let the kids watch. Hundreds of turkeys wait certain death in a pen behind Gov. Palin and the killing continues even as the slaughter house worker watches the live interview from the background but on camera. In the interview Sarah Palin talks lovingly about animals big and small and a turkey Thanksgiving dinner with family. It’s more than a bit bizarre even for the frozen north – bring back “Northern Exposure

Gov. Palin pardons turkey at turkey slaughter - Video Spider.tv

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04SCTLS
viewpost.gif

Using her own criteria critisizing Ayers, it's accurate to say that Palin pals around with drug dealers.

No, that wouldn't be accurate at all. Not even a little.

I'm always surprised how otherwise intelligent conservatives believe in Sarah and cut her so much slack.

Just as if Joe Biden's SON's mother-in-law (in-law). And so 2 degrees of separation is enough to distance you from inappropriate behavior - good to see there is a defining line here...;)
You must be referring to some story I'm simply not familiar with.
And in doing so, apparently demonstrating my point.

Tell that to the Kennedy children.
I'd prefer to NEVER hear from or about the Kennedy children for the rest of my life. Any attention they get results from the liberal worship of them as though they were a royal family. And because of their own self-importance and sense of entitlement, they continually thrust themselves into national politics.

Most recent story- Caroline Kennedy's efforts to be APPOINTED to the U.S. Senate from New York.

Nope - did Chelsea have the same underage drinking problems as the Bush twins? I don't remember reading anything along those lines.
First of all, you wouldn't know, because the media made a decision to "give her space" out of a sense of decency and courtesy that didn't extend to the Bush family.

And furthermore, you're implication that anyone had a "drinking problem" is absurd. I think it's reasonable to assume that all of those daughters had very similar experiences with alcohol while in college, it's just that the Bush twins happened to do it in a very different atmosphere.

Chelsea's boyfriend choices do get 'smeared' all the time though...
She's an adult now. And frankly, I've never seen them smeared, nor would I care to even hear about it. I don't think anyone does, except for sycophantic Clinton worshipers who are hoping for a Chelsea Clinton legacy in public office.

Well that was hilarious - but not caught on tape - the turkey tape is soooo funny.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-kjM1asH-8
Is it really that funny?
What's funny about it.

In case you didn't know, all those frozen bird shaped things we buy at the grocery store.... they used to have heads and move around.
Just because you or other "more sophisticated" people find that reality unsettling and alarming, she clearly doesn't.
And if there's a mistake in judgment here, why is it presumed to be hers? Why aren't you laughing at the camera man who CLEARLY framed that shot to include slaughter in the shot.

I'm always surprised how otherwise intelligent conservatives believe in Sarah and cut her so much slack.
Cut her slack for what?
For her daughter's boyfriend's mother's actions?

I'm always surprised at the blind, wild, senseless hatred and hostility directed at a woman who has done absolutely wrong and seems like a wonderful woman. Perhaps you disagree with her politics, but the intense personal hatred is intense, though- given the blind hate on the left, not surprising.

Is it really that funny?
What's funny about it

What's funny is the Cluelessness she displays in doing the turkey pardon thing at a place where turkeys are being slaughtered.
Did she even think about how this may look as a pr event
which she was doing to promote her profile.
Sure turkeys are slaughtered all the time for our consumption but we don't want to see the killing.
The juxtaposition of her chirping perkily about pardoning the turkey while others are being slaughtered by a smiling guy in the near background is funny on it's own as a Monty Python skit(This Parrot is Dead!) even without her in it.
But seeing it with her, someone with pretensions and ambitions to be POTUS makes it even more delicious and ridiculous.
I mean Really
Why does the funniness of this even have to be
explained here.
To me it speaks for itself.

Cut her slack for what?

No
Cutting her slack as a serious candidate for high office.

IMO She's a charismatic somewhat intelligent barely educated not well read woman who until the election was ignorant of and uninterested in the rest of the US or the world outside of Alaska.
Faith in her is (to me) Belief Beyond Reason undoubtedly due to her religiousity and that of her supporters.
If she was not a gun supporting charismatic conservative of faith you guys would be tearing her apart as a pinhead.

Cut her slack for what?

I'm always surprised at the blind, wild, senseless hatred and hostility directed at a woman who has done absolutely wrong and seems like a wonderful woman.

i agree. and i don't see it as a lot of hatred, merely the pointing out of her unprofessionalism that you would have expected from a vice presidential candidate.

And Johnny drive-by troller's title is clearly meant to mislead. It'd be more accurate to have titled it "Mother of high school athlete in Wasilla, Alaska arrested on drug charges"

:bsflag: Mislead? No moreso than Palin misleading the entire American population about Obama's "association" w/ Ayers. Certainly, by now Palin has had more face time w/ her daughter's future in-laws than Obama ever had w/ Ayers. Funny thing about the "guilt by association game", it'll come back to bite you. Now Palin is finding that out. Too bad you are so narrowminded to see that.

And how did Wasilla become Alaska's "meth capitol"?? What's that say about the city and it's leadership over the years?

As someone has said, "we have felt the breeze of the bullet whizzing by our heads".

Tee hee: Palin’s sort of “palling around” with drug dealers now, notes Olby

posted at 4:03 pm on December 20, 2008 by Allahpundit

An important lesson on guilt by association from a man who surely never would have objected if John McCain had once worked with, say, an unrepentant abortion clinic bomber. I can’t decide which part is my favorite: Is it Kayo comparing The One’s knowing, voluntarily association with a terrorist to Palin being saddled months ago with an in-law who was busted just this week? Or is it him using Palin’s own supposed lack of empathy to declare open season on this story, replete with nasty drug jokes from an actual comedian about what Bristol Palin’s baby should be named? It gets tiresome pointing out Olbypocrisy, but try to imagine his reaction if one of Joe Biden’s in-laws was arrested for possession and O’Reilly spent a segment overtly goofing on it.

Oh, and this being “Countdown,” there’s at least one key detail that’s hugely misleading. Turns out Sherry Johnston apparently wasn’t busted for meth but for oxycontin. Olby could have waited to find that out instead of speculating, but why bother when meth jokes are so much more fun? That’s the Murrow way, after all.
*owned*

You must be referring to some story I'm simply not familiar with.
And in doing so, apparently demonstrating my point.

Demonstrating your point? What point?

I'd prefer to NEVER hear from or about the Kennedy children for the rest of my life. Any attention they get results from the liberal worship of them as though they were a royal family. And because of their own self-importance and sense of entitlement, they continually thrust themselves into national politics.

And they are constantly on the news for every bad thing they do as well. I don't particularly like hearing about them either - but it is de rigor for high profile people in politics. Sarah Palin would like to be a high profile politician - she and her family will need to expect this - it is what happens, right and left.

First of all, you wouldn't know, because the media made a decision to "give her space" out of a sense of decency and courtesy that didn't extend to the Bush family.

No, you didn't know because if Chelsea drank when she was under-aged she didn't get caught - I actually don't think she drank. The Bush girls were naive enough to get caught, and arrested.

I think it's reasonable to assume that all of those daughters had very similar experiences with alcohol while in college, it's just that the Bush twins happened to do it in a very different atmosphere.

Why would you 'assume' that? Are you assuming all underage girls in college drink? Or just by personal contact do you assume that is true. I would say probably 1/2 do - but I could be wrong.

Is it really that funny?
What's funny about it.
In case you didn't know, all those frozen bird shaped things we buy at the grocery store.... they used to have heads and move around.

Oh, Cal, I know all about farm animals - my grandparents have a farm in Minnesota - I used to help my grandma kill chickens and geese - plus, one of the rather odd things she would do is let a chicken run around without its head for the grandchildren's amusement, and fed the chickens baby sparrows.

We weren't a politically correct family.

I have seen hogs slaughtered, calves castrated (come on Foss - here is an opening tailor made just for you...) and de-horned. Kittens drowned. Farm life is different. I can field dress birds - I don't like to dress big game however (I have helped a few times), so I don't hunt larger game.

Just because you or other "more sophisticated" people find that reality unsettling and alarming, she clearly doesn't.

I thought I would be placed in the 'more sophisticated' category. I am hurt;) I don't find it unsettling or alarming at all - it is funny. As the benevolent Queen of the North pardons the innocent bird, his fellow cell mates are getting beheaded in the background - it is more like Monty Python *you are right with that one - 04SCTLS* than journalism.

Why aren't you laughing at the camera man who CLEARLY framed that shot to include slaughter in the shot.
Actually, I thought that since she has a broadcasting background that she would be quite cognizant of the things in the shot. I think the cameramen were pulling a fast one on her. I am laughing WITH the cameramen.:)

It is still soooo funny.

:bsflag: Mislead? No moreso than Palin misleading the entire American population about Obama's "association" w/ Ayers. Certainly, by now Palin has had more face time w/ her daughter's future in-laws than Obama ever had w/ Ayers. Funny thing about the "guilt by association game", it'll come back to bite you. Now Palin is finding that out. Too bad you are so narrowminded to see that.

Obama's association with Ayers doesn't even resemble the association you're making. If Obama's daughter were simply screwing some spawn of Ayers, then you'd have a point. But that's not the situation. Ayers was not simply someone who lived on the same street, or in the same town as Obama. And Palin really has no say or influence in the behavior of her daughter's boyfriend (fiance's) mother.

You're either a liar or a fool to continue to try to make this point..

. Turns out Sherry Johnston apparently wasn’t busted for meth but for oxycontin. Olby could have waited to find that out instead of speculating, but why bother when meth jokes are so much more fun?

hillbilly heroin

Slang for the prescription painkiller Oxycontin, which happens to be very popular with rural white males.

'That hillbilly heroin's got me floatin'

presciption narcotic pharmaceutical that is cooked into liquid and used intravenously. ie., oxy-contin, dilaudid, morphine sulfate.

http://opioids.com/oxycodone/rushlimbaugh.html

The loquacious Limbaugh, his housekeeper says, was often high on "hillbilly heroin."

The brand, which is lauded by pain-control advocates, has proven to be the scourge of law enforcement east of the Continental Divide. The U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration reports 454 deaths in 32 states were likely due to OxyContin abuse in 2000 and 2001. The agency determined that nearly 11,000 emergency room visits were due to OxyContin abuse in 2001, a number that has tripled since 1996. The states of Pennsylvania, Kentucky, West Virginia and Virginia all report that at least 50 percent of new drug treatment patients land in rehab due to OxyContin.

So the drug being OxyContin takes all the "fun" out of this.

The term Hillbilly Heroin elicits snickers and fits the stereotype here just as well as the more nastily horrifying Meth.

Members online

Back