My official exhaust cut out thread with pics/video

Problem is cut outs are going to make the car sound way faster than it is. So in a normal street situation, you start to give it...guy next to you does to...you get real loud...and he just starts to quietly pull away, thinking WTF was that noise.

I killed a brand new Civic Si yesterday. Creamed him and made him deaf it was great.

Cutouts currently will make the car sound faster than it is, I can agree with that, but mods have to start somewhere... The car will pick up it's performance in the future. Going for intake next, then tune, and then cams.

Currently my goal is ultimately around 400whp, and low- mid 13's in the quarter. I have a few bucks so this shouldn't be that big of a challenge, just one step at a time. I should be taking it out this Sunday to the track provided weather is appropriate and I will post my slips.

Problem is cut outs are going to make the car sound way faster than it is. So in a normal street situation, you start to give it...guy next to you does to...you get real loud...and he just starts to quietly pull away, thinking WTF was that noise.
ha! reminds me of my friends 88 camaro!!! he has the v6
camaro--- in 3rd gens they are slow as diiiiiiiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrt -- and his exhaust just rusted through before his cat (not an intentional upgrade) and it ROARED AND SPIT AND GRUMBLED even at idle and went - nowhere...... at......alll. so he had a double whammy. fast looking car. fast sounding car. moving very... very... very.... slowly. so humiliating to even be riding passanger in it.

thats awesome...but its worse than me just taking a sawz-all to mine...i wanna hear it...go do a pass and a burnout and film it...

How's it worse than taking a sawzall to it? lol

One video has a fly by, burnout video will come with the purchase of new tires. Which will be soon, very soon...

Going for intake next, then tune, and then cams.

Currently my goal is ultimately around 400whp, and low- mid 13's in the quarter. I have a few bucks so this shouldn't be that big of a challenge, just one step at a time. I should be taking it out this Sunday to the track provided weather is appropriate and I will post my slips.

Good luck with that one. Oh and let me know when you spend the money to get custom cams ground.

...wow Im kinda being a jacka** to the new people today...

Good luck with that one. Oh and let me know when you spend the money to get custom cams ground.

...wow Im kinda being a jacka** to the new people today...

LOL, so I take it you haven't heard anybody do cams yet.. :) Cams are easy.. anything I want all I need is cores.. :D But down the road, definately down the road... SO many other mods to do first; tint, drop, intake, tune, then cams.. provided I choose to go this route. I would imagine stockers are pretty mild..

noisey, retarded, and no gain of anything but people thinking you cant take care of your car.

you wanted honesty.

I like it a lot better than the burberry interior :D Good luck with the 400 RWHP. Talk to IILS and Quik about making that happen. Cams and cutouts won't get you there. You wil have to do Nitrous or Turbo or Supercharger.

I killed a brand new Civic Si yesterday. Creamed him and made him deaf it was great.

Cutouts currently will make the car sound faster than it is, I can agree with that, but mods have to start somewhere... The car will pick up it's performance in the future. Going for intake next, then tune, and then cams.

Good luck with everything. It sounds as if you believe that you can just throw a little money at your LS and it will be a monster with bolt-on parts. The truth is that there is not much available for the LS in "kit" form. This means that you will need to go with a custom setup which will cost you and also won't be a drop-in item either. Good luck making 400rwhp in your car but I believe you are being a touch ambitious according to the way you worded things.

Also, if an LS is making 400rwhp it will be DEEP in the 12's, not just 13's.

wow, that is LOUD. It's like a commercial for how well mufflers work.

Didn't the last guy with cutouts throw a rod through the side of his engine???? And try to make a warranty claim????

I just hope you did your research....ILLS and Quik are certainly the guys to talk to about a 400hp LS, good luck and hope the cops in your area aren't a$$holes about vehicle noise......:)

I am being a touch ambitious, but we must have goals and it's not unobtainable. Wonderfully, I have resources and enjoy being a pioneer in things. Obviously going against the grain isn't above me.

Also the car isn't always going to be this loud all the time, only at WOT. So nuisances such as police will be a non-issue obviously. I wanted daily drivability as well as obtaining more performance. Mixing Luxury and performance is the goal.

I just watched the videos......interesting.......:lol:

This thread is a picture perfect personification of "to each his own".

Horsepower

FWIW, there is a five litre Jaguar version of the 3.9 V-8 that makes 550 HP without either a supercharger or any other fuel than gasoline. But it doesn't come as a dealer item in any car. European road racing only. From a 3.9 that would equate to a little over 400 HP but I don't think an engine of that sort would go with the character of the LS.

You'd be better off with a turbo from ILLS or the Eaton-type blower from Quik. Good luck in your quest.
KenS from Ben's Place

Good info! Forced induction is likely going to be a requirement, it's just going to have to be a nearly last step. Volumetric analysis is going to be a must. Pressure vs Volume and all that poop.

FWIW, there is a five litre Jaguar version of the 3.9 V-8 that makes 550 HP without either a supercharger or any other fuel than gasoline. But it doesn't come as a dealer item in any car. European road racing only. From a 3.9 that would equate to a little over 400 HP but I don't think an engine of that sort would go with the character of the LS.

Possibility and feasibility are two different worlds though especially considering the position the LS is in. While it is possible to get 400 hp out of a N/A 3.9 V8 it sure as heck will not be anywhere near cheap. Shoot getting 400 hp while in a Mustang Cobra running a N/A DOHC 4.6 is not cheap and there is a ton of support for that engine and platform. I doubt anyone will be hitting 400 hp while N/A with their LS anytime soon.

Like you mentioned regarding myself or Quik it is best to focus that money on forced induction and make one heck of allot more power for much cheaper. Even that is not a walk in the park and gets expensive.

I am sure I will have to go to forced induction.

Did you guys to any volumetric analysis of flows and air consumption rates to calulate boost pressures and proper turbo sizing? Just curious to see how far you guys went with the science on this one.

Kudos for btw for being a pioneer.

I am sure I will have to go to forced induction.

Did you guys to any volumetric analysis of flows and air consumption rates to calulate boost pressures and proper turbo sizing? Just curious to see how far you guys went with the science on this one.

Kudos for btw for being a pioneer.

Full analyses were done for both the compressor and turbine sides. That is part of the ballgame when doing a custom turbo.

I know you're getting alot of flack for this one, Hotness. Take it in stride. Someone asked on here a few months back about a more agressive sound, and I suggested lake pipes. It may not be everyones cup of tea, but where I live, alot of folks have obnoxiously loud pickup trucks (or riced out civics), and drive them around in L2 just to wrap 'em up. You're trying to be responsible about it by having it kick in only when you need it, and that's more consideration than alot of people (especially ricers, and pickup drivers) show their fellow man. I like a loud exhaust when I "get on it". Who doesn't want to hear their engine rev up? But the key is in having a "luxury" car, when you are running to the store, or stuck waiting in traffic. Looks like you might nail them both. Good Job :D :D :) :D :D

That sounds cool but its just not the sound for this car friend.

And since when could we kill cars like GTO's with just an exhaust mod?

Members online

No members online now.
Back