New exhaust

aaronearles

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
I just put flowmasters on my 03V8, the car sounds just like I wanted it to, deep and a little more bite to it, not loud, not nasty. However, the car feels SOO slow, I dont know if it's the loss of some back pressure, or if it's just the computer getting used to the change, or maybe it's just in my head. Anybody have any idea?

They've gotta flow more than stock, I mean obvoiusly they're louder, but I could see light reflect through the thing, there's not much to it.

Just mufflers, everyone says the 2nd gen LS has a very good stock exhaust, I just wanted a little more growl, it's perfect, closer to the new mustang than I expected, which is just what I was shooting for.

Okay, I drove it a few more times and it was REALLY slow, even a couple of my friends said they noticed. I drove it more and more and it got better, now today it feels just like normal. I guess the computer just had to adjust for the change... I guess.

It does sound perfect though, exactly what I wanted.

I just put flowmasters on my 03V8, the car sounds just like I wanted it to, deep and a little more bite to it, not loud, not nasty. However, the car feels SOO slow, I dont know if it's the loss of some back pressure, or if it's just the computer getting used to the change, or maybe it's just in my head. Anybody have any idea?

What was the part # of the mufflers you used?

Sorry, I don't have the part numbers as I just let the shop install their own mufflers instead of bringing them in to be welded.

Members online

Back