Chicago Meet!!!!

LORENZOCHICAGOLSC

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
O.K. There are so many people from Illinois on here so lets have meet! Doesnt have to be only the Mark VIII guys but everyone on this board. Summer is half over so lets do it soon. like a forest preserve or something for a BBQ! Make some suggestions!

Hey LORENZO there is a meet in Boscobel Wisconsin next week come on up for that meet while you are planning for your meet.

Pepp, I recommended that he suggest a meet, for those that don't get a chance to travel. Its not a bad thing to have a several small meets throughout the year. Gives people a chance to meet each other. Problem Lorenzo is that with this group you need to make a definitive date, otherwise things won't get done. That's just the way things are around here. I say we set up a date in a downtown location (not necessarily Chicago, the suburbs have downtown areas in each town), that way we can park, walk around, eat, and everything is around us. We could set up a meet during a car show like we did a couple years ago. Lombard has a car show on Saturdays. I think Addison has one on Sundays (by the theatres on Lake and Rt. 53). If you can think of any others let me know, and then we can set things up. ;)

Pepp, I recommended that he suggest a meet, for those that don't get a chance to travel. Its not a bad thing to have a several small meets throughout the year. Gives people a chance to meet each other. Problem Lorenzo is that with this group you need to make a definitive date, otherwise things won't get done. That's just the way things are around here. I say we set up a date in a downtown location (not necessarily Chicago, the suburbs have downtown areas in each town), that way we can park, walk around, eat, and everything is around us. We could set up a meet during a car show like we did a couple years ago. Lombard has a car show on Saturdays. I think Addison has one on Sundays (by the theatres on Lake and Rt. 53). If you can think of any others let me know, and then we can set things up. ;)

Sorry Dave didn't mean to step on any efforts to set up a meet. I just wish that i lived closer to the action.

I'm down, I'm about 20 minutes south of the city in Mokena. There's a nice car show I believe on Fridays in Lemont, plus theres always streets of woodfield.

I live in Bloomingdale, I think that a meet in the suburbs would be great, because I unfortunately don't have the funds to make the one in Wisconsin so I think it would be cool to have one close to home

Late August would be good. I like the lake front, but thats just me. I live in Quincy (about 4 1/2 hours away) but I would be there.

I live in Bloomingdale, I think that a meet in the suburbs would be great, because I unfortunately don't have the funds to make the one in Wisconsin so I think it would be cool to have one close to home

Just some FYI Boscobel is only 3 hours from Chi... Those a tab bit west have it easy... take I-39 north to Madison then turn west. Map Link Don't look at the time on the map it doens't take that long unless you hit Chi traffic.

Not taking anything from the Chi area meet (I'm all for the Chi meet), just the more the at the Beach Party the merrier and there will be a bunch of Chi area people at the meet.

There is free Camping in my back yard.... I've got showers taken care of at our local pool... not far away only a few blocks... That's Boscobel Blocks Dave not Chi area blocks.. one min. and you are there. (The pool has a lot more hot water than I do... LOL).

Also if you can only come for Saturday that's cool this you don't have to come for everything ....

But otherwise ... like I said I'm in for a Later August meet. Can't do Labor Day as I'll be moving 2 children to college (2 different colleges yahoo more money to the oil companies).

My Suggestion for the date... don't try to please everyone, whoever is planning the meet and setting everything up, just pick the date that you can do it and go for it. If you schedule it they will come... And yes someone will be upset because it's the weekend they can't make it, we just have to deal with it.

A September meet would be a good suggestion also.

man, the linc just started leakin some tranny fluid from the rear main. Damn... looks like im going to have to hold up from any long trips.. :mad:

Looks like we have alot of interest! Theres a local Carshow every Wednesday night in Franklin Park, thats an ideaOr maybe somewhere near Woodfield mall would be cool, Theres even a Hooters there! Any ideas for a date? Mid-Late August??

I would rather do a Saturday (Lets say August 25th) since I have a long drive (4 1/2 hours). I am sure that if you have it on a Saturday or Sunday, there are other people from further away that would come. I can come on a Wednesday, but prefer the weekend.

Looks like we have alot of interest! Theres a local Carshow every Wednesday night in Franklin Park, thats an ideaOr maybe somewhere near Woodfield mall would be cool, Theres even a Hooters there! Any ideas for a date? Mid-Late August??

Im down for a Chicago meet. Im trying to keep the miles off my car, but id def be willing to make the trip to meet and talk to some of you in person.

Members online

No members online now.
Back