96-98 KB non-intercooled kit MK8 engine install

holy damn!!! how did he do that using the stock heads??

I guess some sort of adapter plate? gdamn thats sexy

This is the non-intercooled kit for 96-98 Cobras, so it fits B-heads.

Notice the part where he got 300 to the wheels untuned, and only at 4 psi? Not bad for that type of thing.

i know that just gave me insperaton to do my car that was the best sh&^^ i have ever seen so far to a mk8

Reading his posts, It looked like he ran into a problem, he said that It does not bolt directly onto the intake.

But he somehow got it to fit without changing anythign around (or so it looks)
Did he make an adapter for it?

gets my mind thinking to much :)

What he found out was that it would not bolt directly tot he heads, nor would it bolt to the Gen1 IMRC's. He had to get Cobra IMRC's, which he used to make IMRC eliminators. But Gen2 IMRC's are the same as the 96-98 Cobra, so it shouldn't be a problem for Gen2's, or anyone already running a Gen2 IMRC set, or a Cobra intake.

the biggest hurdle is getting the money together to do the upgrade, do you think that you can add a intercooler to this set up later without any trouble?

KB recently came out the 2.1 liter KB for the B heads... still non intercooled though.

This is something that I will definetly be looking into. SO what if it doesn't have the potential to make 400+, just making 400hp is fine with me.

He also posts on tccoa.com. He recently had a "metal shavings in the oil" problem. He's hoping to figure out somethin in the next few weeks.

so can someone answer a question? what the hell are "c" heads can some tell me that they would fit a gen 1 and what all do i need to add a kb blower and i have a back up motor after this one crashes

so can someone answer a question? what the hell are "c" heads can some tell me that they would fit a gen 1 and what all do i need to add a kb blower and i have a back up motor after this one crashes

I believe the difference in heads are the port designs. They'll bolt up, no doubt, doesn't the KB just replace the intake? In that case you would just use their kit? Not sure if the fuel rails will fit though.

All 96-98 Cobras, and 93-98 MKVIII's are equipped with the "B" series 32 valve head.

Very cool :cool:

I noticed the talk about IMRCs in the thread and how the KB rep was saying you'll loose torque w/o them on their kit.
Doesn't the KB lower manifold feed both runners? If so, what's the point of having the IMRCs since it will basically be the same thing but with a different shapped port? ('o' vs square for 97-98 MK8 and 96-98 cobra - gen1s have 'o' shaped ports for both on stock IMRCs/manifold) It's not like the stock manfold where the runners are differently lengths to improve power - they are feeding from the same plenum area right after the blower.
It seems you would be able to flow more air be deleting them as both 'runners' in the KB lower will be feeding air instead of one at a time.

Or am I way off on this one? :shrug:

Members online

No members online now.
Back