Coil Conversion

Robinson2487

LVC Member
Reaction score
I just ordered a full conversion kit with a 1.5" drop and I was wondering if my car would need an alignment afterward... I assume so, but I just wanted to make sure. Also, I am going to be ordering 18" wheels this summer and I wanted to know what would be the best tire for them. Anything else that I should do as a result of switching to coils please let me know

It will need an alignment. I aligned my car after the drop on my own, the toe and camber were quite a bit off.

Heres my 1.5" drop, I think it has sagged a bit since
DSC00038.jpg

"quite a bit off" is right, make sure you get an alignment right away. Your tires will be gone in no time if you don't.

Make sure you get a 4 wheel alignment also ........ some shops seem to think there are no eccentrics or inadequate eccentrics for the rear after lowered, which isn't the case at all. I spec'd out and I'm pretty much slammed.

Good luck.

i really do not understand why shops only do a 2 wheel alignment. they should know that this car has an IRS and needs a 4 wheel alignment. every time i get one i just have to remind them. "hey remember i need a 4 wheel alignment ok?" and the dude is like, "yeah i know" *rollseyes*

i really do not understand why shops only do a 2 wheel alignment. they should know that this car has an IRS and needs a 4 wheel alignment. every time i get one i just have to remind them. "hey remember i need a 4 wheel alignment ok?" and the dude is like, "yeah i know" *rollseyes*

because then you'll come back for more service...

Make sure you get it aligned, in fact, it would be best to get it aligned....and aligned again after a few weeks. The springs will settle a bit after 10-14 days.

i let mine go couple of hundred miles then got it aligned.......went to the dealership to get it aligned (theyre the only ones that have a hint of what a LSC is...... :shifty: ) and they were all asking me what parts i used blahblabhalblah, and i DID have to tell them i needed a 4 wheel alignment :rolleyes:

I had my car re-aligned after installing Eddie's 1.5" lowered kit.
I now have almost 40k miles on his kit, and the alignment, and there is NO scuffing, tires are wearing perfect front and rear, and I have NOT rotated the tires. New tires had 11/32's of tread. They now have 7/32's of tread.

Eddie's kit is awesome. It dropped another 1/4" after a couple hundred miles, and hasnt flinched since.

If you want to see what my car looks like with the lowered kit, visit Eddie's site:
That's my car.

http://www.americanairsuspension.com/cart/proddetail.php?prod=MK8CV

Yea, especially this one :p

Since you are going to do the Coil Conversion, and you are going to have everything off, this is the bes time to change replace the upper and lower control arms, ball joints, and rear bushings. It makes a big difference.

Members online

No members online now.
Back