Bush's Approval Rating Hits New High

MonsterMark

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Time for a new thread.

We got to watch Bush fall in the polls.

Now let's sit back, grab a popcorn and coke and watch people get a clue.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/Bush_Job_Approval.htm

Bush is up to 44%, even with Rasmussens new weighting system, stacking more Dems in the numbers, which really means Bush is more like 47%.

All the 'pundits' can't believe how high flying the economy is despite the high gas prices. So you know the economy must be fairly robust to offset the loss of a lot of people's disposable income that is getting sucked up by the high gas prices.

If the economy is strong come election time in November, looks like the Dems will get to look forward to another 2 years of sulking.:D People always vote their checkbooks.

It's the economy, stupid!

Last edited by a moderator:
Wait, can the opposition now take your previous stance of 'Rasmussen is flawed and polls don't really mean a thing.?:)

95DevilleNS said:
Wait, can the opposition now take your previous stance of 'Rasmussen is flawed and polls don't really mean a thing.?:)

Good point. LOL this should be fun. It'll be like where you live, Bizarro World.

ActionComics785.jpg

fossten said:
What's wrong with where I live? :D

View attachment 19104

"As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion..."

Excerpt from the Treaty of Tripoli 1797; Started under Washington/Adams ratified under Adams/Jefferson. All founding fathers.

That's what is wrong with thinking America = Christianity.

fossten said:

Again, better than Fossten land.

(MonsterMark, sorry for partaking in the hijacking of your thread, I’ll stop now.)

President George Washington, September 17th, 1796
"It is impossible to rightly govern the world without God and the Bible

Patrick Henry
"It cannot be emphasized too strongly or too often that this great nation was founded not by religionists but by Christians, not on religion but on the Gospel of Jesus Christ. We shall not fight alone. God presides over the destinies of nations."

Benjamin Franklin Address at the Constitutional Convention Thursday June 28, 1787
"I have lived, a long time, and the longer I live, the more convincing proofs I see of this truth -- that God Governs in the affairs of men. And if a sparrow cannot fall to the ground without His notice, is it probable that an empire can rise without His aid?

President John Adams
"The highest story of the American Revolution is this: it connected in one indissoluble bond the principles of civil government with the principles of Christianity."

"We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion. Avarice, ambition, revenge, or gallantry, would break the strongest cords of our Constitution as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other."

President Thomas Jefferson
"The reason that Christianity is the best friend of Government is because Christianity is the only religion that changes the heart."

President John Quincy Adams
"It is no slight testimonial, both to the merit and worth of Christianity, that in all ages since its promulgation the great mass of those who have risen to eminence by their profound wisdom and integrity have recognized and reverenced Jesus of Nazareth as the Son of the living God."

John Jay, 1777 The first Chief Justice of the United States
"Providence has given to our people the choice of their rulers, and it is the duty, as well as the privilege and the interest, of a Christian nation to select and prefer Christians for their rulers."

James Madison
"We have staked the whole future of American civilization not upon the power of government, far from it. We have staked the future of all our political institutions upon the capacity of mankind for self-government, upon the capacity of each and all of us to govern ourselves, to control ourselves, to sustain ourselves according to the Ten Commandments."

Shall I continue?
*owned*

stang99x said:
Shall I continue?
*owned*

No need. They won't acknowledge the point, and when all else fails, they'll take a single sentence, from a personal letter written by Thomas Jefferson to argue that there is a "seperation of church and state" which apparently means traditional values and judgement shouldn't be part of the legislative process...

Of course, these are the same people who think that the constitution declares the seperation. And they also aren't aware that Jefferson virtual nothing to do with the actual penning of the constitution.

But these are all details that don't bother liberals.

Calabrio said:
No need. They won't acknowledge the point, and when all else fails, they'll take a single sentence, from a personal letter written by Thomas Jefferson to argue that there is a "seperation of church and state" which apparently means traditional values and judgement shouldn't be part of the legislative process...

Of course, these are the same people who think that the constitution declares the seperation. And they also aren't aware that Jefferson virtual nothing to do with the actual penning of the constitution.

But these are all details that don't bother liberals.

Hey, what's wrong with you? Don't you know that 'separation of church and state' is found in the Constitution directly after the rights to abortion and gay marriage?

stang99x said:
Shall I continue?*owned*

Congratulations stang99x !!!

May I say that that is the biggest ownage I have seen on this site. Great references. Just a great post and really lays claim to the conservative doctrine of Church AND State.

Bravo.

If you (all of you) can't handle that the forefathers had the intelligence and foresite to recognize that mixing religion and government is a big mistake; then that is your problem. America is not Jesus land, it never has been and hopefully it never will be. One of America's greatest strengths is it's diversity of people and it's tolerance of different religious beliefs. So step down from your 'holier than thou' alter and come back down to reality.

"Today Christians ... stand at the head of [this country]... I pledge that I never will tie myself to parties who want to destroy Christianity .. We want to fill our culture again with the Christian spirit ... We want to burn out all the recent immoral developments in literature, in the theater, and in the press - in short, we want to burn out the poison of immorality which has entered into our whole life and culture as a result of liberal excess during the past ..."

Thinking like that (mixing government & religion) leads you down a dark and dirty road.

95DevilleNS said:
Thinking like that (mixing government & religion) leads you down a dark and dirty road.
I am definitely NOT a religious zealot or anything close but I do see the correlations between current behavoir and the decreasing presense of God in our society. So, yes, we need more 'God' in our society and in our daily lives, if for no other reason than to be better people to each other. Right now, I don't like the way things are headed. Hollywood, schools, etc, etc.

MonsterMark said:
I am definitely NOT a religious zealot or anything close but I do see the correlations between current behavoir and the decreasing presense of God in our society. So, yes, we need more 'God' in our society and in our daily lives, if for no other reason than to be better people to each other. Right now, I don't like the way things are headed. Hollywood, schools, etc, etc.

I disagree, I have known and do know religious people that are morally corrupt and I do know athiest/agnostics that are kind and decent people to the core. So the correlation between being a 'good' person and your relationship to God is invalid (my opinion); I'm certain you can relate as well with people you know or have known in your life.

MonsterMark said:
So, yes, we need more 'God' in our society.

I might consider it after the Churchs start paying taxes, and a radical religon stops their Jihad.

Look through history - religeon and government have always been a disaster when mixed together. Religeon is a personal, private choice, lets leave it that way.

Dont blame hollywood. They make a product that earns them money. If nobody watched the shows, they wouldnt show them. Thats why I dont have a preacher on tv at dinnertime on the major networks. If enough people felt that way, hollywood would change. It woudlnt even have to be a majority.

Joeychgo said:
Dont blame hollywood. They make a product that earns them money. If nobody watched the shows, they wouldnt show them.

Let's call moral depravity then. However you want to phrase it.

I look back at the 50's and see that as the peak of our society. Even in the 30's and 40's people cared and looked out for each other. People had morals. People worked hard and didn't look for hand-outs. Getting knocked-up at the age of 14 was a very rare occurance. I can go on and on.

Life is changing, and I would argue it is not for the better. The breakdown of the nuclear family. Man and Woman. A couple of kids. A white picket fence. Those days are gone. We are digressing.

People are losing faith and losing touch with God.
Hey, I'm not talking about the super religious folks out there. The ones that Bible thump and sit back and judge everybody. I am talking about Joe Sixpack who works hard, raises his kids the best he can, always tries to do the right thing, where word is honor, etc.

Catch my drift. I see the loss of God in all these things. No moral compass to guide anymore. People are just winging it, and for the worse.

95DevilleNS said:
I disagree, I have known and do know religious people that are morally corrupt and I do know athiest/agnostics that are kind and decent people to the core. So the correlation between being a 'good' person and your relationship to God is invalid (my opinion); I'm certain you can relate as well with people you know or have known in your life.

Haha, you're so full of it. I know many MORE people who are NOT religious who are morally corrupt, so put that in your pipe and smoke it. However, Bill Cliinton would definitely fall into YOUR category. You can smoke that [cigar] too.

You ever wonder if there is a direct causality between removing God and prayer from schools and schools being overrun with gangs and guns?

Duh.

stang99x said:
President George Washington, September 17th, 1796
"It is impossible to rightly govern the world without God and the Bible

You have given us a very great compilation of facts on this issue.

As much as I very much appreciate that history, in my opinion, it is precisely the separation of church and state that makes our Country as great as it is.

fossten said:
Haha, you're so full of it. I know many MORE people who are NOT religious who are morally corrupt, so put that in your pipe and smoke it. However, Bill Cliinton would definitely fall into YOUR category. You can smoke that [cigar] too.

You ever wonder if there is a direct causality between removing God and prayer from schools and schools being overrun with gangs and guns?

Duh.

i believe parents are to blame for the status of todays bad children and schools. i was brought up with a belt and paddle and never got in any trouble with the law. if it worked for me, who is to say it wont work for my children. i am still young, but i see children who have no respect for elders. i believe if a child is taught young, then he will carry it through out his/her life. as far as the church, society as a whole has wandered so far away from the narrow road, i sometimes believe it is impossible to lead a "good" life. i am currently hoping that i will outgrow the temptations that keep me away from the church of my choice. i am not perfect but i give every person respect until they prove they are not worthy.

95DevilleNS said:
"Today Christians ... stand at the head of [this country]... I pledge that I never will tie myself to parties who want to destroy Christianity .. We want to fill our culture again with the Christian spirit ... We want to burn out all the recent immoral developments in literature, in the theater, and in the press - in short, we want to burn out the poison of immorality which has entered into our whole life and culture as a result of liberal excess during the past ..."

I'm not sure where the quote came from but it looks as though it’s a call to Christians to reject immorality and to vote for government representatives that are willing to promote traditional values. I don't understand why voting for pro-Christian or traditional values candidates is mixing government and religion, certainly as it pertains to the so-called "separation of church and state" doctrine.

Separation of church and state, by definition, was intended to keep government out of religion, not to keep religion out of government.

What's next? We have to melt down all our metal currency that says "In God we Trust" because we don't want to offend some small segment of the population?

Baloney.

All I want is decent, stand up guys like Bush running the government and not snakes like Clinton. Doesn't seem too much to ask.

decibels5 said:
i believe parents are to blame for the status of todays bad children and schools. i was brought up with a belt and paddle and never got in any trouble with the law. if it worked for me, who is to say it wont work for my children. i am still young, but i see children who have no respect for elders. i believe if a child is taught young, then he will carry it through out his/her life. as far as the church, society as a whole has wandered so far away from the narrow road, i sometimes believe it is impossible to lead a "good" life. i am currently hoping that i will outgrow the temptations that keep me away from the church of my choice. i am not perfect but i give every person respect until they prove they are not worthy.

Simply put, and well defined. The problem is all the :q:q:q:q:q:q:qs of the world (most liberal) who will define the paddle and belt as some sort of abuse. I was raised with the paddle and the belt, and by god so will my children be. And once, about a year ago, some liberal bitch decided to tell me that I shouldn't spank my kid in public when I did in a grocery store, and I asked her if she'd like to be next. Then I proceeded to tell that :q:q:q:q rag to mind her own F'ing business or I'd slap her ass into line. With the removal of religon, we have allowed the idiots of society to be able to push their minority opinions upon the majority. The peak of society was back in the 50's and 60
s. We built fast cars with big engines, left our doors unlocked, and didn't worry about facist pigs like Kennedy spewing their filth cause we'd label them a commie and throw them in an underground cell for life. Oh to a bygone era of american greatness

fossten said:
Separation of church and state, by definition, was intended to keep government out of religion, not to keep religion out of government.

The way I read it is that the United States of America government is not allowed to force a particular religion down everyone’s throats.

Vitas said:
The way I read it is that the United States of America government is not allowed to force a particular religion down everyone’s throats.

Liberalism included.

Vitas said:

For once, :I

I've got two words for anyone who thinks "their" religion is more suited in our "government" than any other religion. "Priest" and "molestation".

Members online

No members online now.
Back