Republican Congressman George Santos Charged with Fraud, Money Laundering, Theft of Public Funds, and False Statements

TheDude

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Republican Congressman George Santos Charged with Fraud, Money Laundering, Theft of Public Funds, and False Statements

Santos Allegedly Embezzled Contributions from Supporters, Fraudulently Obtained Unemployment Benefits, and Lied in Disclosures to the House of Representatives

CENTRAL ISLIP, NY – A 13-count indictment was unsealed today in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York charging George Anthony Devolder Santos, better known as “George Santos,” a United States Congressman representing the Third District of New York, with seven counts of wire fraud, three counts of money laundering, one count of theft of public funds, and two counts of making materially false statements to the House of Representatives.
-snip

Besides being an obvious criminal, this guy is a compulsive and pathological liar, he lies about nigh everything, his mother dying on 9/11, his grandparents being holocaust survivors, his schooling credentials, job crredntials etc to the nth power. Why did the GOP pick him to be their candidate for that district after the vetting process?

Seems like it was a "as long as he can win, who cares!" strategy. So nutty, so unAmerican.

Santos Allegedly Embezzled Contributions from Supporters, Fraudulently Obtained Unemployment Benefits, and Lied in Disclosures to the House of Representatives

CENTRAL ISLIP, NY – A 13-count indictment was unsealed today in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York charging George Anthony Devolder Santos, better known as “George Santos,” a United States Congressman representing the Third District of New York, with seven counts of wire fraud, three counts of money laundering, one count of theft of public funds, and two counts of making materially false statements to the House of Representatives.
-snip

Besides being an obvious criminal, this guy is a compulsive and pathological liar, he lies about nigh everything, his mother dying on 9/11, his grandparents being holocaust survivors, his schooling credentials, job crredntials etc to the nth power. Why did the GOP pick him to be their candidate for that district after the vetting process?

Seems like it was a "as long as he can win, who cares!" strategy. So nutty, so unAmerican.
Kind of reminds me of Biden's 2020 campaign strategy.

House Republicans sidestep effort to expel George Santos from Congress

Republicans successfully sidestepped an effort to force them into a vote to expel George Santos, the New York representative, from Congress, which could have narrowed their already slim four-seat majority. -snip

If the GOP insist on protecting this deplorable, then the GOP is going to own every single lie and crime this deplorable is found guilty of after the legal hammer drops on him :)

Santos is another cancer in the party, you cut that out, not nourish it. Silly GOP, so shortsighted, so deplorable.

I see you Trumpers are in full cope mode over this, good. Very good.
Hate to put this out to all the low information liberal Dems, but everyone who criticizes Biden is not a "Trumper". Reason for criticism of Biden is for the continued inept performance and embarrasing image he puts forth whenever he has to address issues (Cue Cards), teleprompters, and softball interviews with presubmitted questions. Many Independents, Non-Trumper republicans, and moderate democrats feel the same way. Does that make them "Trumpers" also? Pretty broad brush you are using. As for Santos, I hope that he gets the punishment that is deemed appropriate. I also wish the same for the Biden family crime syndicate. It is all coming to light, drip by drip.

You see a story about Republican George Santos' legal troubles and your first instinct is to rant about Joe Biden.

You're definitely a Trumper.

Last edited:
You see a story about Republican George Santos' legal troubles and your first instinct is to rant about Joe Biden.

You're definitely a Trumper.
And your first reaction is to label everyone as a Trumper. Believe it or not, everyone who criticizes Biden is not a Trumper. Lots of Democrats do NOT want him to run again. Are they Trumpers? I am surprised that your use of that label isn't worn out yet. Why not step it up and use "MAGA" or "ULTRA MAGA" like Biden does. I think that you may be afflicted with TDS (Trump Derangement Syndrome), which clouds rational thinking, pretty prevalent in the SF Bay area.

Correct, not everyone who criticizes Biden is a Trumper. eg I criticize Biden at times and I am not a Trumper. You're definitely a Trumper though.

Reading a story about Republican George Santos' crimes and your gut reaction is to shift to and rant about Joe Biden, is classic BDS (Biden Derangement Syndrome).

Correct, not everyone who criticizes Biden is a Trumper. eg I criticize Biden at times and I am not a Trumper. You're definitely a Trumper though.

Reading a story about Republican George Santos' crimes and your gut reaction is to shift to and rant about Joe Biden, is classic BDS (Biden Derangement Syndrome).
You haven't elevated me to MAGA or ULTRA MAGA yet? I actually did speak to Santo's issues- sorry I did not lead with the statement to please lefties. I am cured of BDS since I believe the doddering fool will not have another 4 years to "Finish The Job". Young blood is needed to take charge and straighten out this country. Please sit down before I continue- I don't want the other old guy (Trump) to be the next leader either! Sorry if I caused your heart to palpitate. It is not productive for this country to be so polarized, reverting to labeling all dissenters with cute little names, which have been used so much that they are meaningless (both parties do this).

Who did you vote for in 2016 and 2020? To show good faith, I voted for Clinton and then Biden.

We agree on the "age" issue. As fine a job Biden is doing with the complete sh!t-show he was handed by four years of Trump's mismanagement, his age is a factor. We have a minimum age to be POTUS, we should also have a maximum age. Everyone loses cognitive abilities with age, everyone.

"It is not productive for this country to be so polarized". I agree here as well.

Who did you vote for in 2016 and 2020? To show good faith, I voted for Clinton and then Biden.

We agree on the "age" issue. As fine a job Biden is doing with the complete sh!t-show he was handed by four years of Trump's mismanagement, his age is a factor. We have a minimum age to be POTUS, we should also have a maximum age. Everyone loses cognitive abilities with age, everyone.

"It is not productive for this country to be so polarized". I agree here as well.
Holding my nose both times, I voted for Trump both times. I had enough of the Clintons ( I even voted for Bill once). Couldn't bring myself to vote for Lady McBeth. I had hoped both times for a set of more palatable centric unifying candidates but it was not to be. Hillary, with her "Basket of Deplorables" comment cooked her goose. Trump's desecration of John McCain turned me off. But in the end both times it was which one is the lesser of two evils- I wished both times there was a better choice to be made. I hope there are better choices on both sides in 2024. I truly dread this country having to choose between these two again. While we are at it, this country needs to implement term limits on Congress- let's get rid of the old fogey power brokers.

What surprises me is that he made it through the election process and got elected. All without any of his lies being discovered. His lies are extensive and gregarious! 911, holocaust, educational background, wealth, career success. Is he so thoroughly mesmerizing that no one asked ANYTHING! The guy should be teaching master classes in BS'ing and mind control.

Holding my nose both times, I voted for Trump both times. I had enough of the Clintons ( I even voted for Bill once). Couldn't bring myself to vote for Lady McBeth. I had hoped both times for a set of more palatable centric unifying candidates but it was not to be. Hillary, with her "Basket of Deplorables" comment cooked her goose. Trump's desecration of John McCain turned me off. But in the end both times it was which one is the lesser of two evils- I wished both times there was a better choice to be made. I hope there are better choices on both sides in 2024. I truly dread this country having to choose between these two again. While we are at it, this country needs to implement term limits on Congress- let's get rid of the old fogey power brokers.

After four years of Trump, his feed the rich polies, completely botched response to a pandemic, **trying to steal the election on the state level and then fueling an insurrection, coup and attack on US soil, you thought he was the "lesser of two evils" in 2020?

LoL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

**based on you voting for Trump again in 2024 as he the current head of the GOP and 2024 front runner

Last edited:
What surprises me is that he made it through the election process and got elected. All without any of his lies being discovered. His lies are extensive and gregarious! 911, holocaust, educational background, wealth, career success. Is he so thoroughly mesmerizing that no one asked ANYTHING! The guy should be teaching master classes in BS'ing and mind control.

Most of his lies were shown in 2016, the GOP and the Conservative voting base simply didn't care.

eg Evangelicals knew he was a serial cheater, womanizer and serial liar in early 2016. They still backed Trump because "Trump is God's chosen candidate!" was pushed.

"A new Per Search Center survey finds that 27% of U.S. adults believe Trump’s election reflects God’s will in the sense that the 2016 outcome must be part of God’s overall plan" -PewRearch.Org

After four years of Trump, his feed the rich polies, completely botched response to a pandemic, **trying to steal the election on the state level and then fueling an insurrection, coup and attack on US soil, you thought he was the "lesser of two evils" in 2020?

LoL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

**based on you voting for Trump again in 2024 as he the current head of the GOP and 2024 front runner
Based on the ongoing revelations regarding the weaponization of DOJ and FBI which even the most hardcore Dem can't deny, The Orange menace may once again be the lesser of two evils. Surely no one in their right mind can justify putting the Zombie back in the oval office. You won't be voting for him- he is merely the front man for all the leftover Obama and Clintonistas behind the curtain who are really running the show. I truly hope for other options by election time' No Labels Party maybe.

Post like that is why it's beyond evident that Trump has a true cult following and to some Trumpers its on a religious level.

I truly believe that no other modern president, be it Obama, Bush, Clinton, Bush Sr, Reagan, Carter etc., could have attempted to illegally flip a legal and fair election at the state level using the powers of the POTUS office, and then when that step failed, staged an attack on our Capital, insurrection and failed coup and still have the support Trump does from his acolytes.

All those other presidents would have been politically dead had they pulled what Trump did and tried.

Post like that is why it's beyond evident that Trump has a true cult following and to some Trumpers its on a religious level.

I truly believe that no other modern president, be it Obama, Bush, Clinton, Bush Sr, Reagan, Carter etc., could have attempted to illegally flip a legal and fair election at the state level using the powers of the POTUS office, and then when that step failed, staged an attack on our Capital, insurrection and failed coup and still have the support Trump does from his acolytes.

All those other presidents would have been politically dead had they pulled what Trump did and tried.
Face it..Trump is very good at doing what he does well.

Man, you are sure quick to slap labels on anyone who disagrees with you. the only cult I subscribe to is that of being an American citizen who is really worried about the future of this country. If that fits your definition of being in a cult, so be it. I do not, and did not condone what happened on Jan 6. The case concerning the overthrowing of the election is very unsavory, but is still being investigated by the judicial system. I trust the court will determine the outcome. I do not drink the Koolade of the DNC either. What is funny is that the DNC seems to be more worried about DeSantis than Trump. I've seen anti-Desantis ads aplenty from the DNC as well as from Trump's MAGA PAC. None from DNC concerning Trump. Even our worthless Governor keeps attacking DeSantis instead of fixing things in his state. Is he that foreboding? I really want new blood in the White House, but I'll be damned if I will ever vote for the Delaware zombie. He really needs to retire and sit in his Corvette counting up his money. So have at it, use the Trumper label as you wish, cult label, whatever else you can think of. Monkeypox is not a threat to America, but Donkeypox is!

Man, you are sure quick to slap labels on anyone who disagrees with you. the only cult I subscribe to is that of being an American citizen who is really worried about the future of this country. If that fits your definition of being in a cult, so be it. I do not, and did not condone what happened on Jan 6. The case concerning the overthrowing of the election is very unsavory, but is still being investigated by the judicial system. I trust the court will determine the outcome. I do not drink the Koolade of the DNC either. What is funny is that the DNC seems to be more worried about DeSantis than Trump. I've seen anti-Desantis ads aplenty from the DNC as well as from Trump's MAGA PAC. None from DNC concerning Trump. Even our worthless Governor keeps attacking DeSantis instead of fixing things in his state. Is he that foreboding? I really want new blood in the White House, but I'll be damned if I will ever vote for the Delaware zombie. He really needs to retire and sit in his Corvette counting up his money. So have at it, use the Trumper label as you wish, cult label, whatever else you can think of. Monkeypox is not a threat to America, but Donkeypox is!

Point: Would Trump orchestrating a second attack on our Capital do it? Don't see why it would at this point.

You do realize that you don't have to vote for either, if you consider both Biden and Trump anathema, as you imply...

The DNC has been running anti-Trump adds since 2020:

"I don't take any responsibility at all" - Donald Trump, regarding the Jan 6th capital attack, insurrection and failed coup

Point: Would Trump orchestrating a second attack on our Capital do it? Don't see why it would at this point.

You do realize that you don't have to vote for either, if you consider both Biden and Trump anathema, as you imply...

The DNC has been running anti-Trump adds since 2020:

"I don't take any responsibility at all" - Donald Trump, regarding the Jan 6th capital attack, insurrection and failed coup

Bubba 14 , You are very articulate. The Dude , You are a brain washed Liberal !

Bubba 14 , You are very articulate. The Dude , You are a brain washed Liberal !
He can't help it. Being a hard-core brainwashed liberal is SOP for the SF Bay area. Just look at the way tired old labels are constantly used on people who disagree with them and the mantra of 'Our way or No way". Just look at the crown jewel of the liberal philosophy, that shining city also known as San Francisco. Just examine the same fate coming to Oakland. Just examine the legislative acts being pushed by SF's own State Senator Scott Weiner- the hard core of the hard core left. Just look at the fact that Chesa Boudin, the SF D.A., who was recalled by SF for being too soft on crime (can you believe it!), was just appointed to head the Criminal Law & Justice Center at UC Berkeley. Are you kidding me? Is this an example of the Peter Principle in action. Only at Berkeley. Parents, this is your tuition money being put to good use in the land of micro-aggressions, triggers and safe spaces. Still waiting for Gavin to 'splain how he is going to handle the frankenstein monster he created AKA reparations. He has been VERY quiet and ambiguous about this. Oh, by the way, the habit of labeling everyone who disagrees with your views as being a Trumper without any proof to back it up other than your personal biases and MSNBC snippets is insulting as well- everyone who disagrees with your views may not be a Trumper, but instead is not happy with the current path this country is taking. Again, I hope that a more rational candidate emerges during this campaign. I wake up every morning and rush to look at the headline news and hope the lead is NOT " Kamala Harris to be inaugurated TODAY".

Members online

Back