Please help

donaldvsmith

New LVC Member
Reaction score
I have a 2002 Lincoln LS and I've had it for a couple years now. But there is something wrong with it and I don't know how to diagnose It the OBD2 won't connect and the last time it did it said missing message canbus fault I have no clue how to fix it I replaced the PCM and had a flashed and programmed to my VIN number and that seemed to work for about 12 hrs and then it it started doing the no start thing again It will crank but not start and it's not getting spark any help would be appreciated thank you

Its very likely you have a short on the canbus and this is preventing you to connect to the vehicle modules. A short to power on the canbus you can measure on the canbus cables. There should be Around 3v there , if you have a short you will see less if you have short to groun or system voltage 12+ if its shorted to power.

Its very likely you have a short on the canbus and this is preventing you to connect to the vehicle modules. A short to power on the canbus you can measure on the canbus cables. There should be Around 3v there , if you have a short you will see less if you have short to groun or system voltage 12+ if its shorted to power.
So there is only one single canbus wire?

So there is only one single canbus wire?
You have a 1st gen, so no real canbus on there anyway. Even with the 2nd gen that does have canbus, ford still had some proprietary enhancements. The data bus is a two wire system.
Make sure your scan tool is compatible with the 1st gen LS, not all are. The best to use is Forscan with a compatible adapter.

You have a 1st gen, so no real canbus on there anyway. Even with the 2nd gen that does have canbus, ford still had some proprietary enhancements. The data bus is a two wire system.
Make sure your scan tool is compatible with the 1st gen LS, not all are. The best to use is Forscan with a compatible adapter.
He is right. Not all adapters are compatible with Gen1 . Found it the hard way. From my experience ,Openport is not compatible with the gen1 . It does work with Forscan , but not with the car.

Members online

Back