Supercherger

the same radiator is used on and also runs the trans cooler on my 400hp STR. i know people pushing 550+ with twin screws, no issues

it’s more than adequate
You must live in the north, I'm in Las Vegas, gets a little warmer than normal here. i might have some other issue but my cooling system is all new. She wants to be 220+if I'm driving hard, pretty sure it would overheat if i didn't back off and let it cool down. I monitor the temp with forscan.

Part of the way Jaguar made it work was by using a semi-separate cooling loop for the supercharger & intercooler (they're connected at the reservoir to balance the pressures). Some of the modded Jags have completely separated the loops, but then you'd need a second reservoir.

Thank you very much for this photo
definitely easier than the bracket in the back, there’s no room with the rear feed AJ27 intercoolers.

it looks like they chopped off the heater lines on a standard 3.9 throttle body

Last edited:
You can find the Jaguar S Type - R Supercharger on Ebay for around $500
You'll wanna pull the intercooler from the scraps. Not sure about the headers but likely can swap. Some custom pipes and you're good to go.

This will not work for 2nd Gen LS's due to VVT.

All you need is a Dyno who knows about this car and it'll work. Stock internals and compression should be able to handle 9psi no problem.

Have fun and enjoy your 450rwhp LS.

Last edited:
QwikLS did this with Jag parts back in the late 2000's on his Gen 1 LS.

He also blew out his rear end when he merged onto the highway and his tire slipped catching a puddle. Sent him into the guard rails and totaled his LS.

The main issue is that the Gen 1's have trash rear diffs (28 spline) which don't seem to wanna handle much HP increase over stock.
Gen 2's come with the 32 spline, but now you have the VVT, so GL supercharging or Turboing that.

I had both Gen 1 and Gen 2. And I will say without a doubt, Gen 1's are far better in almost every aspect when it comes to modding. But you gotta do something about that rear Diff, or your LS will suffer the same fate as QuikLS.
I know SPSully welded his rear diff, made it sturdy. And for the nay sayers "it wont corner", I personally road in his LS, 400hp and welded diff, and his was far better than my stock LS on corners.
Slam it.
Stiffen it.
Fatten up the tires (305's on rear)
Cornering problem solved. But do take note that welded rear end means potential hydroplane in wet, so if you do this, its a hot summer day / track car.

You can find the Jaguar S Type - R Supercharger on Ebay for around $500
You'll wanna pull the intercooler from the scraps. Not sure about the headers but likely can swap. Some custom pipes and you're good to go.

This will not work for 2nd Gen LS's due to VVT.

All you need is a Dyno who knows about this car and it'll work. Stock internals and compression should be able to handle 9psi no problem.

Have fun and enjoy your 450rwhp LS.
gen 1 has the wrong heads for the STR manifold, bolt holes don’t line up port shape is different. gen 2 heads and block off the vvt passages is the easiest fastest way

or you can just copy ford’s own supercharged gen1 tbird with the rear feed intercoolers and move the throttle body to the middle of the intake piping

all diffs are 28/28. the gen2 diff is butchered and useless unless you buy the quaife, gen 1 lets you use any 8.8 carrier you want

Last edited:
The early stuff should match-up with the 99-2002 Jaguar XK & XKR stuff. Most of Jaguars (and Lincoln, and Land Rover, and Aston Martin) big engine changes happened with their 2003 models.

ford had another test mule. it's a complete aj33s/6hp26 powertrain from the STR

the show car has a functional blower but i can tell they didn't bother to even run coolant to the intercooler and probably just put some plugs on the ports, degas bottle is still way out back. it had 8 miles the last time it was seen

Last edited:
Well it’s been quite a while. A lot of the people on this forum love suppressing information, good ideas, and innovation. This is likely why this car has no aftermarket support. Maybe the kind of people that this car draws to it are just assholes, I don’t know. But the point where it can make a return with the community is long gone. Everything is possible with enough determination and either time or money. This cost less than $1800 probably. Without further ado, here you go. Took a while. Not fully tuned for full power yet but takes the boost quite well.
@shes_a_performa

8579594E-DEE9-4DDB-9ACC-88AA70D58E6D.jpeg

0C3E2B1A-23BF-4829-8558-1DAFD185B59F.jpeg

1895025F-5507-492E-A3BC-E114C1D0E71D.jpeg

D54816A1-0C7E-4C6A-8FFC-D0069197D9F9.jpeg

F78EAEF5-7FFE-4B66-9C87-17816FB748EA.jpeg

57493B0C-396D-4CE9-BC56-384F555820FD.jpeg

AAC1FE5C-4F0C-4EED-8859-B1563A911416.jpeg

134C9E80-2FB5-4185-A3C9-D46A0E57BCE9.jpeg

53A12CDA-CEE6-4B4F-BF73-0ED5971986CB.jpeg

real clever throttle body placement never would’ve thought of that

i’d show your creation on the STR facebook group

real clever throttle body placement never would’ve thought of that

i’d show your creation on the STR facebook group
I didn't know there was a STR Facebook group. Good to know. (I am a Jaguar Forum member, and own several S-types/Rs) I occasionally visit the LS forum to see what is new. Are your the same AJV8 as in the jaguar Forum?

Members online

Back