Lincoln LS 2006---overheating.

skylear p

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Hello, I was replacing my thermostat Housing when it had a crack in it, So after I replaced it I put the old cap back on and it was fine but then after a minute it would start leaking heavily out of a manufactured hole that's supposed to be their when u take off the cap on the thermostat Housing when u are looking at it with the cap off it's on the right but their is a o ring on the original cap that's looks still good but after I put the cap on the hole was still gushing out coolent so do I need to replace just the o ring the cap if so what's the name and part number or but the hole thing if anyone else is having problems let me know how I fixed it please

The only advice I can offer is make sure you are using a Motorcraft housing and Thermostat. I saw a part on Rock Auto that had the entire housing and thermostat all together and it was made by Gates, so I thought that looked convenient. WRONG! The thermostat was bad right out of the box and the housing failed after about 6 months as it developed a hole.

You are not going to be the exception here. You need to replace ALL of the plastic cooling system parts at the same time, and they all need to be OEM. Most of us learned this the hard way, and I am just trying to save you that experience. Search the many, many cooling system threads here. Start with this one:

The only advice I can offer is make sure you are using a Motorcraft housing and Thermostat. I saw a part on Rock Auto that had the entire housing and thermostat all together and it was made by Gates, so I thought that looked convenient. WRONG! The thermostat was bad right out of the box and the housing failed after about 6 months as it developed a hole.
Thanks

Yup... the cooling system parts (OEM) replacement question... is the number one all time asked question on this forum.

It's also the one probably most ignored.

And also the one with the least popular answer. (replace everything at once, and drive for 7 more years).

There is a "sticky" at the top of the LS page that has several links to some very good cooling system threads.

Members online

Back