Anyone else having issues with UPS lately?

DaleGrib

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I have been noticing a lot of wonkiness with UPS as of late. Monday my package was out for delivery then 2 hours later it shows it's back at their hub rescheduled delivery for the next day. I live in a very rural area so it's not likely out here to get 2 different ups trucks the same day unless you have one of the express no later than 10am packages. I had 2 ground packages that ups was gonna deliver yesterday and I got one of them earlier that day and the other package which was a dang rack and pinion for my LS later that day scans to show it was delivered at 6:58 pm. The only problem is I have cameras on my house and was watching out and I know UPS never came. I even went back to review the footage at that time. They say it was delivered and no trucks came thru here like that at all. So now it's looking like I got screwed out of several hundred dollars cause they marked it as delivered and it clearly was not unless it went to a completely different address.

I believe that the device they use to mark it delivered saves the GPS coordinates when they do. If you can get to the right person at UPS (good luck there), they can determine where your package actually went and maybe retrieve it. I had that once. It was left at the correct house number, but wildly incorrect street. It took a week to get to the right person and have them get it back for me. It was really annoying because I had taken this guy his mail before when it was left in my box by mistake.

I believe that the device they use to mark it delivered saves the GPS coordinates when they do. If you can get to the right person at UPS (good luck there), they can determine where your package actually went and maybe retrieve it. I had that once. It was left at the correct house number, but wildly incorrect street. It took a week to get to the right person and have them get it back for me. It was really annoying because I had taken this guy his mail before when it was left in my box by mistake.
That's exactly what I said in my claim. I told them to check GPS against the time it was delivered and get me my dang package!

It's not just UPS. They have actually been pretty good in my area. My issue has been more with USPS. Fed Wrecks is pretty bad too.

I recently hsd a package pinball back and forth between 2 different hubs, (more than once), and it ended up showing up at the next town over from where I live.

After a phone call to that P.O. they found it in the closest hub, and it ended up being delivered the next day.

As it was explained to me... packages get scanned into certain containers... but when they get divided up into smaller containers for local delivery from P.O. they don't always get in the proper container. I have to imagine it would be a similar situation with UPS and Fed Wrecks too.

Another possibility... is if it was shipped to P.O. for final delivery. UPS and Fed Wrecks have those special cheaper shipping rate programs when final delivery is by your local P.O.

Blame it on the current political climate and all things "bannable". Anything going through the Detroit hub is a crap shoot.

Your problem sounds a bit different. Double and triple check the shipping address you gave the vendor, and compare it to what the shipping company has. It could be something as simple as being one digit off on the zip code... or "street" vs "road"... unless again... the final shipper of the package ended up being the Post Office.

It's not just UPS. They have actually been pretty good in my area. My issue has been more with USPS. Fed Wrecks is pretty bad too.

I recently hsd a package pinball back and forth between 2 different hubs, (more than once), and it ended up showing up at the next town over from where I live.

After a phone call to that P.O. they found it in the closest hub, and it ended up being delivered the next day.

As it was explained to me... packages get scanned into certain containers... but when they get divided up into smaller containers for local delivery from P.O. they don't always get in the proper container. I have to imagine it would be a similar situation with UPS and Fed Wrecks too.

Another possibility... is if it was shipped to P.O. for final delivery. UPS and Fed Wrecks have those special cheaper shipping rate programs when final delivery is by your local P.O.

Blame it on the current political climate and all things "bannable". Anything going through the Detroit hub is a crap shoot.

Your problem sounds a bit different. Double and triple check the shipping address you gave the vendor, and compare it to what the shipping company has. It could be something as simple as being one digit off on the zip code... or "street" vs "road"... unless again... the final shipper of the package ended up being the Post Office.
I just got lucky and it was delivered today. I asked the driver if he had any clue what happened but they had no clue anything had even happened. I explained to him that 2 days ago it shows it was delivered but he was clueless as I am on it. I am assuming when I made that claim it made them go locate my package cause of the value of what I claimed. And the package did come out of the Detroit, MI area so even UPS seems to have problems with stuff that comes out of that hub.

Disinfect the box or wear gloves... or wash your hands. Detroit is still reporting high Covid rates.
Thankfully they sealed this box with a plastic bag. So I will spray it down well and let it air dry before I open it with gloves. Also, luckily I have already had covid and survived it so I am at less risk of contracting it right now. I was going to have surgery much sooner but I tested positive on that swab that goes all the way up. But thankfully now I have had the surgery and am starting to recover finally where I think I can live a pretty normal life after a heck of a battle the last 10 years.

I only ever showed mild symptoms... and those were the non-typical ones. I'm pretty sure also that I have been reinfected more than once. Some days I am short on breath and hacking up crap. Then it goes away and I can breathe just fine.

I wish you a speedy recovery to full health.

I went to a lady's house to retrieve flowers (pre-covid) that I intended to have delivered to my wife at her work a few years back... Even after I was given a refund (Costco's Ok by me; )
Same weird runaround with UPS and looking back I cant believe they gave me her address?
In any case, Best wishes to you and your health!

Members online

Back