A/C blowing cool problem: Diagnosis Confirmation

I'll fix it right someday but I've already put about four grand into this pile of crap and I'm running out of cash, lol

She only needs to make er another 2 weeks or so and then I get my 2013 f350 turbo diesel back and I can park this and fix at my leisure

The problem is that your refusal to correctly fix it and to bypass the fan control is going to make things worse and worse. We've seen it several times. In the end, you will be convinced that the LS was a terrible car design because of this. The truth is that it could have been more robust, but it really was a great car when it was properly cared for.

The problem is that your refusal to correctly fix it and to bypass the fan control is going to make things worse and worse. We've seen it several times. In the end, you will be convinced that the LS was a terrible car design because of this. The truth is that it could have been more robust, but it really was a great car when it was properly cared for.
Im not refusing, I told ya I'm outta cash, I've put about 3 or 4 grand into this pile of crap already in the last few months, need to get by till next payday is all! It's working good when the fan will actually run, I just need to get the computer to make it run like it's supposed to now. It is terrible because it's plastic crap designed to fail, should have been metal parts.

Yeah, metal would have been better (for that parts that could have been done in metal), but it would have cost more. Apparently, it cost too much as it was. I'm one of the very few on here that bought them new.
Buying a $50K car for less then $5K and not expecting to have to put a lot of money into it is not realistic at all. It's the same for BMW and Mercedes. If you could find a really cheap used Lexus, it would be the same there too.

Yea well the problem is I already fixed everything but I used some non motorcraft parts before I found this helpful forum so now I get to do it again apparently. The Motorcraft thermostat housing that I see available appears to be only half of it, not the complete plastic unit with thermostat inside that I got aftermarket. Will the motorcraft half bolt to the other aftermarket half or what am I supposed to do there?

Yea well the problem is I already fixed everything but I used some non motorcraft parts before I found this helpful forum so now I get to do it again apparently. The Motorcraft thermostat housing that I see available appears to be only half of it, not the complete plastic unit with thermostat inside that I got aftermarket. Will the motorcraft half bolt to the other aftermarket half or what am I supposed to do there?
No, you need to also buy the Motorcraft crossover and the Motorcraft outlet tube.

* "8548A" / "4Z-8548-AD" (Main Plastic Body) [Crossover]
* "9N499" / "9Z-9N499-AC" (Plastic Elbow behind Main Plastic Body) [outlet tube]
* "8592" / "4Z-8592-AA" (Plastic Facet that attaches to Main Plastic Body, it houses the Thermostat Assy) [housing]
* "8575" / "9Z-8575-AB" (Thermostat Assy) [actual thermostat]

No, you need to also buy the Motorcraft crossover and the Motorcraft outlet tube.

* "8548A" / "4Z-8548-AD" (Main Plastic Body) [Crossover]
* "9N499" / "9Z-9N499-AC" (Plastic Elbow behind Main Plastic Body) [outlet tube]
* "8592" / "4Z-8592-AA" (Plastic Facet that attaches to Main Plastic Body, it houses the Thermostat Assy) [housing]
* "8575" / "9Z-8575-AB" (Thermostat Assy) [actual thermostat]
Right on, thanks. I couldn't find any of those parts from motorcraft, but I didn't know their correct names or numbers. All searches only showed that half thermostat piece but full aftermarket units, guess motorcraft doesn't sell it all complete huh? That's kinda silly. Thanks a million.

What's your thoughts on water pumps? I have a gates, should I put the old motorcraft pump back on? It wasn't leaking, I just replaced everything in an attempt to make it last longer.

Truthfully... and IMO... from your very first post, you seemed very green on how to work on cars. Your lack of experience was very evident to me.. The ratchet straps used on coil springs comment... was over the top.

You continued to bash the LS... when it was obvious to others as well... that you have little experience.

I suggest you take evening classes at a community college and learn how to work on cars properly... before you severely hurt yourself or kill someone else.

Your skills, (or lack of), do not impress me one bit.

Again.... the brakes on the LS... WILL do amazing stops from 100mph... when quality parts are used and installed correctly.

THERE... I said it.

Truthfully... and IMO... from your very first post, you seemed very green on how to work on cars. Your lack of experience was very evident to me.. The ratchet straps used on coil springs comment... was over the top.

You continued to bash the LS... when it was obvious to others as well... that you have little experience.

I suggest you take evening classes at a community college and learn how to work on cars properly... before you severely hurt yourself or kill someone else.

Your skills, (or lack of), do not impress me one bit.

Again.... the brakes on the LS... WILL do amazing stops from 100mph... when quality parts are used and installed correctly.

THERE... I said it.
I'm a 41 year old farmer, I've worked on and fixed more shit than you can even comprehend, however I don't always fix it by the book, which is where your issue apparently lies, but I fix it none the less while you have to wait and pay someone else 100+an hour to do it for you. You could learn from me if you weren't so scared. It's called ingenuity and figure it out son. I don't have a shop with 50k worth of tools and my methods are successful, but the inexperienced layperson like yourself should use caution using my methods for sure.

I don't mean to be an a$$... but life is too short for stupid shit. The story about the spring compressor failing.... and the tire breaking the guys jaw... were true.

I've seen a lot of effed up crap over the years... all because people wanted to take "short cuts" ... instead of taking the time to do things right... or just assuming they knew what they were doing... when they didn't.

I don't mean to be an a$$... but life is too short for stupid shit. The story about the spring compressor failing.... and the tire breaking the guys jaw... were true.

I've seen a lot of effed up crap over the years... all because people wanted to take "short cuts" ... instead of taking the time to do things right... or just assuming they knew what they were doing... when they didn't.
Fair enough, sorry, I don't respond well to asses, ;)

I'm fully aware of those stories and I do know what I'm doing, however I see your point in giving inexperienced people ideas when they don't understand the dangers. You definitely shouldn't undertake my methods of you don't fully understand what your doing and what could happen if you make a mistake.

On the farm miles from civilization you have to do what you have to do to get it fixed and that's how I grew up fixing stuff, I'll be back rolling quickly with a temporary fix while most people will be sitting there waiting for a mechanic for days. I really don't expect city people to understand that concept but for what it's worth that's what it is. No hard feelings.

LOL... I was fully certified as a mechanic when I was 18. I had the chance to go to National "mechanics" competitions when I was in Tech high school my last 2 years... but that wasn't my thing.

You would have just been out of diapers at the time. I was tearing down bicycles and doing full rebuilds... when you were just a twinkle in your parents eyes.

I was working on small engines and lawn mowers... and rebuilding them, (including doing valve jobs), in Ag class my Sophmore year. I was doing full head jobs on car engines my Senior year. 3 angle grinds, (IF you know what that is).

I have a cut, torch, weld setup worth about $ 10k. The ONLY type of standard welding I haven't learned yet... is how to TIG aluminum... only because I no longer have the luxury of time.

I there is something I don't know how to do... I take the time to research it... and figure out the best/right way to do it... instead of half-assing things together.

When I had my new house built 23 years ago... I did all the mechaicals. Plumbing, sewer, electrical, water lines, and gas lines. It ALL passed code. I LEARNED how to do it right... and I DID it right.

In the line of work I am in now... for the last 30 years... I have had peoples lives in my hands... ALL the time. If I fuck up... they stand a chance of dying... or at least getting seriously hurt. I don't have the luxury of half-assing shit.

Try again.

And don't give me that out on the farm in the sticks thing. I look at corn and/or beans spring through fall.

The farmers I know.... are machinists and master welders. They're smarter than I am... and I'm not afraid to admit it. BUT... they have more years on me too.

LOL... I was fully certified as a mechanic when I was 18. I had the chance to go to National "mechanics" competitions when I was in Tech high school my last 2 years... but that wasn't my thing.

You would have just been out of diapers at the time. I was tearing down bicycles and doing full rebuilds... when you were just a twinkle in your parents eyes.

I was working on small engines and lawn mowers... and rebuilding them, (including doing valve jobs), in Ag class my Sophmore year. I was doing full head jobs on car engines my Senior year. 3 angle grinds, (IF you know what that is).

I have a cut, torch, weld setup worth about $ 10k. The ONLY type of standard welding I haven't learned yet... is how to TIG aluminum... only because I no longer have the luxury of time.

I there is something I don't know how to do... I take the time to research it... and figure out the best/right way to do it... instead of half-assing things together.

When I had my new house built 23 years ago... I did all the mechaicals. Plumbing, sewer, electrical, water lines, and gas lines. It ALL passed code. I LEARNED how to do it right... and I DID it right.

In the line of work I am in now... for the last 30 years... I have had peoples lives in my hands... ALL the time. If I fuck up... they stand a chance of dying... or at least getting seriously hurt. I don't have the luxury of half-assing shit.

Try again.
Lol, you don't seem nearly that knowledgeable. You really gonna sit there and tell me you've done everything you've ever done by book? Ha, never met a mechanic, or anyone in any trade for that matter that hasnt rigged something temporarily before. Get off your high horse buddy, I fixed all my shocks\struts for $224, spring compressors aren't available to rent and Im sure as hell not going to buy one for one time use or go pay some shop $1,000 to do it for me, don't be silly.

NO.... I don't jerry rig shit. I fix it right the first time.

Yes... I DO read how to do something if I don't know how. I learned that from my dad. HE built a brick house... from.the footer up. Where do you think I learned how to do it???

There's a couple of old sayings....

"Do it right, do it once"

"If you can't find the time to do itbright the first time... when are you going to find the time to do it over?"

My ex wife could tell you how I am. "Close enough" ... is not good enough for me. I'm not saying I'm perfect. Far from it. But I hate it when I screw up, and have to start over. It doesn't happen very often... but it does happen more than I like it to.

Members online

Back