Suspension parts question

SultanGris

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
What's this thing called and where can I get them? Rear, thanks.
20210226_121645.jpg

Rear Toe Link.
Ford for the real part that maintains the passive rear steer feature, or aftermarket and lose passive steer.

Rear Toe Link.
Ford for the real part that maintains the passive rear steer feature, or aftermarket and lose passive steer.
Thank you sir! Tire store guy couldn't even find any so I'll try ford direct I guess thanks

Joe what is the difference that makes the ford part retain passive rear steering? I replaced mine with aftermarket. It looks like something that would compress within that tube where he's pointing at.

What is passive rear steering?
I'm curious as well, but I fixed all my struts and changed all my suspension links and she seems to turn a lot quicker now, LOL! must turn the back tires a little bit or something.

What is passive rear steering?
Look at your rear suspension. The rear has a knuckle, not a hub. The Ford links will compress when the body sways. So it you are turning right the CG on the body will shift left, this compresses the rear link on the left side and I believe lengthens the one on the right. By changing lengths in a right turn the rear hubs will then turn to the left. Helping the car take the turn. You can feel it at speed such as changing lanes on the freeway or taking the twisty s on fun roads. Put an aftermarket link it and you loose that advantage in your handling. It is one of this things that makes this car truly a great handling car.

It's not so much that the hubs/knucles turn... but also that some of the bushings in the upper and lower control arms... allow the contol arms to flex/shift in conjunction with the passive toe links.

Members online

No members online now.
Back