Any Infomation would help, Thanks!

Couldn't find much on this car after a VIN search. It could be a nightmare...or a unicorn. Put a new battery on it & check the codes that come up. Couldn't find any accident reports on it, and the pictures don't seem to have any water damage that I could see. But, you can tell that it's been sitting for a good while. At the very least all the cooling lines & suspension bushings are gonna need to be replaced. Also, check the underbody & the suspension subframes for rot/corrosion/rust. I was watching this car, so I know you got a pretty good deal on it. Hope it works out for you that way

Couldn't find much on this car after a VIN search. It could be a nightmare...or a unicorn. Put a new battery on it & check the codes that come up. Couldn't find any accident reports on it, and the pictures don't seem to have any water damage that I could see. But, you can tell that it's been sitting for a good while. At the very least all the cooling lines & suspension bushings are gonna need to be replaced. Also, check the underbody & the suspension subframes for rot/corrosion/rust. I was watching this car, so I know you got a pretty good deal on it. Hope it works out for you that way
Thanks for the reply. I looked the vin up in several places and came up with the same and it does have a clean title. I have had several of these cars, v6 and v8 so I have a little experience with them. I am no expert but I also have a factory service manual to help me as well. I am really hoping for someone with a personal sighting or something direct to the history of the vehicle. Not that your info doesn't help, it does so thanks. Dont be deceived by the final action bid because I did not win it for that due to the reserve the seller had on it. We negotiated for two days to come up with a final number and you have to add the broker fees, almost 900 bucks, plus the shipping cost. I am in NC and the car was in LA. The vehicle is due to be delivered today or tomorrow so I am in limbo and cannot do anything at the moment.

If it sat long enough, you may end up having issues with the front and rear crankshaft seals. Possibly with the front transmission pump seal also.

They tend to dry out and deteriorate with lack of use.

If it sat long enough, you may end up having issues with the front and rear crankshaft seals. Possibly with the front transmission pump seal also.

They tend to dry out and deteriorate with lack of use.
It does look to have set for a bit. Not super worried about those type of repairs. Ill pull the engine if needed. Sometimes someone may know the story of a car is why I am asking to be honest. Thank you for the info!

I got a hold of the dealer that sent the car to the sale. It was a trade that was serviced at that dealer since 2013. They are going to email me the service records so with that and what I find when the car is delivered today I can fill in the blanks on this car.

The LS was delivered today and with wonderful news. Low miles, dry underneath, decent interior. But the paint is pretty scratched up. Im hoping someone can fix the paint with out a repaint. 107k miles, runs, drives. This car has some issues but a great starting point and worth the save.
20210223_113516.jpg
20210223_115818.jpg
20210223_150608.jpg

It does look good so wonder why they sold it so cheap?
Good find!

It does look good so wonder why they sold it so cheap?
Good find!
Well as I said in an earlier post, the final bid was not the final price but they did come off of the reserve a little bit. This car was a trade in, there had a bunch of work done to the car, then the car failed them I guess in a way that frustrated them to the point of just getting rid of it. The car sat for almost two years it seems according to mileage and oil change records. It needs work which I expected but it is a good platform to start with and I am happy. From all my dealings with car deals, if I am happy, then it was a good deal. I am happy. The list of what is wrong is short but the plugs have never been changed and its got a couple dead coil packs, which if a dealer does will cost a ton of money and since they just had upper and lower control arms done, I think this was the last straw for the car and they traded it. I know all of this because of automotive archeology and vin tracing.

Members online

Back