Suspension

Lincoln06V8

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Last edited:
No all the Ls's had Sport shocks or the option of it rather. Thunderbird most likely used the twin tube shocks rather than the mono tube that the sports premium suspension was. I had made a thread here asking the same thing already about a week or so ago. The best option you are going to have to get that OEM Premium ride is to use Blistein B6's for Jaguar S-type. However, you run into more issues as it's not a direct replacement being there are some differences. Basically, you would need to source rear spring seats for a jaguar s-type or an LS and use them on the front. The rear springs will work out ok though. Also from my understanding, you need either 4 rear seats from an LS or 4 from a Jaguar s-type and don't mix them together.

If you find OEM LS sport shocks somewhere... you need to run out and buy a lottery ticket. Sport LS shocks have been unavailable from Ford for years. Last member here that found NOS, (New Old Stock), sport shocks was Amsterdutch... and I think that was on Ebay.

IIRC... the T-Bird shocks are different on how they are valved... for a different ride than the LS.

The car won't handle properly. Kinda like putting new brake pads on one corner of the car... but not replacing the other side too.
So basically I'm stuck with buying a used motorcraft set and hoping they aren't blown.

Well the Ebay listing doesn't say those are Sport shocks, (that I saw). So if you want to go to regular shocks... you might as well go with new OEM.

Plus... there are some southern junkyards that are suspect about the used parts they sell.

I was warned about this a year or so ago when I replaced the suspension cradle in my ex-wife's Escape. Seems they clean used parts up and paint them to hide defects.

When it comes to used parts it's aways "buyer beware".

Plus... there are some southern junkyards that are suspect about the used parts they sell.

I was warned about this a year or so ago when I replaced the suspension cradle in my ex-wife's Escape. Seems they clean used parts up and paint them to hide defects.

When it comes to used parts it's aways "buyer beware".
2000-2006 Lincoln LS D2 Racing RS Coilovers
I could always get these.

If you wanna go that route, and plan on keeping your LS long term. I would definitely call them and ask a bunch of questions to triple check fitment.

The picture is inaccurate... since the LS has no "forked" shock mount. The 2003 and newer Jag S-type does though... so you might wanna make sure that the company isn't assuming their coilovers will fit the LS.

I tried the same route you are trying about a year ago on my previous LS. In fact, I ordered that one shock and then later cancelled once I figured out there were no more other new ones to match for the other side. That is why I suggested the B6 route at least you can verify that others here have done the same b6 or b4 route and have had no issues if they followed the instructions! Just source 2 rear spring seats from another LS and use them on the front springs and use the B4 or B6. Seems to be the cheapest and most logical route to go at this point if you want that sports style ride.

Well it's still around $300 per corner to do the Jag suspension conversion.

Might be a little cheaper now if Jag is trying to pawn off their spare inventory like Ford is doing.

I'm getting kyb from rock Auto for 53 bucks each, even if they aren't great they are cheap so it don't matter, ha

I'm getting kyb from rock Auto for 53 bucks each, even if they aren't great they are cheap so it don't matter, ha
I would go with thunderbird OEM before I would even consider using KYB! At least the Motorcraft will last.

I'll be the guinea pig and let ya know how they work. Prolly be a few months though, lots of other stuff to fix first more important, ha

You'll be changing them again in about a year... if you haven't pawned your LS off to some unsuspecting victim.
I already got more into it than its worth,I think I'm stuck with it cause I never sell anything for a loss, I keep forever and never recoup anything, lol

Hey everyone I’m new here and have motorcraft sport shocks for sale came off 06 maybe someone needs them

Members online

Back