7 Split Spoke Wheels

T-Flip

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
256813.jpg

Anybody know which trim package these wheels came from? I'm looking around to upgrade from my base 16's, but with this bolt pattern I'm stuck with either Jag/Volvo wheels which are costly or OEM. So far these look the best to me and would like to find some for a reasonable price.

Are there any other Ford wheels that would look good on the LS that I can salvage?

View attachment 828575211

Anybody know which trim package these wheels came from? I'm looking around to upgrade from my base 16's, but with this bolt pattern I'm stuck with either Jag/Volvo wheels which are costly or OEM. So far these look the best to me and would like to find some for a reasonable price.

Are there any other Ford wheels that would look good on the LS that I can salvage?
You could just go the aftermarket route and get a brand new set similar to that. That is a common look that is out there on aftermarket stuff. You might even find more you like more at the same price or a little more. There used to be lots of good wheel and tire packages from some of them places that even come shipped mounted and balanced ready to install.

I'm on a budget build here dale if you can even call it that, I love my ls but I can't justify a brand new set for it. I think it's a fun challenge trying to keep costs down and I'm learning a lot along the way doing the work myself.

I'm pretty good at finding oem wheels locally for around $200 a set so that's why I ask, brand new wheels start at $500

I'm on a budget build here dale if you can even call it that, I love my ls but I can't justify a brand new set for it. I think it's a fun challenge trying to keep costs down and I'm learning a lot along the way doing the work myself.

I'm pretty good at finding oem wheels locally for around $200 a set so that's why I ask, brand new wheels start at $500
Oh ok cool I completely understand. Maybe you also get lucky with a tire that is in good shape and fits the car right as well. I know sometimes the tires on sets from salvage cars can be in good shape and maybe you get lucky with an almost new tire.

Car-parts.com...do a local zip code search first for jags, volvo, Ford focus, not sure but maybe fusion stocks will mount up with 5x108 but I know those some of those turbo Volvos and jag S-types stocks look pretty nice if there still on the scrapped car...good luck ...otherwise marketplace. Craigslist and a Facebook group called Lincoln Obsessed I'm a member of that and a member of a group that has LS parts for sale lots of ppl are collecting rims/wheels and trying to flip them for fellow enthusiasts

The junkyards usually pull the good wheels and mark them up, but I've had a lot of luck with facebook marketplace. Individuals parting out their own cars are pretty flexible when it comes to price. I've also found some 18" 2014 pathfinder wheels for $50 a piece on ebay for my other car. People tend to give you a deal if you're buying a full set. I'll be checking those other places as well.

I just put a set of those seven-spoke wheels on my 2003 LS last week. I found them through www.car-parts.com and picked them up at a local salvage yard. I paid $75 each installed. My OEM chrome rims were peeling so bad they wouldn’t even hold air for more than a few days.

The key to aluminum chrome rims is keeping them clean, these were original to my 2005 ultimate, they didnt lose a bit of air, the 8 spoke rims are by far the BEST looking LS rims.

20200430_132406.jpg

20200430_132412.jpg

20200430_132426.jpg

20200430_132432.jpg

The key to aluminum chrome rims is keeping them clean, these were original to my 2005 ultimate, they didnt lose a bit of air, the 8 spoke rims are by far the BEST looking LS rims.

View attachment 828575212

View attachment 828575213

View attachment 828575214

View attachment 828575215

You could always look at some local places that refinish rims and could always sell them! As them suckers are pretty clean other than the flaking. I got lucky my LS had them all replaced by Ford for that same issue according to it's Oasis report. I like that chrome look to a car but today chrome just doesn't hold up as they don't make it like they used to and that crap flakes and pits so much of the time.

You could always look at some local places that refinish rims and could always sell them! As them suckers are pretty clean other than the flaking. I got lucky my LS had them all replaced by Ford for that same issue according to it's Oasis report. I like that chrome look to a car but today chrome just doesn't hold up as they don't make it like they used to and that crap flakes and pits so much of the time.
I'm going to try and find some clean ones of Ebay and buy them for the 06 that I should be picking up soon.

I wouldn’t touch another set of those chrome rims for nothing. Ford had had a lot of trouble with peeling chrome on those wheels and several others as well. It had nothing to do with washing. I guess my weekly car washes weren’t enough. Now that I’ve had both the eight spoke chrome wheels and the seven spoke aluminum wheels on my car, I like the lighter weight of the aluminum wheels better. The car feels more nimble and I’ve picked up about 1 mpg according to the mileage gage on the dash. I bought some alumi-brite spray cleaner and these puppies shine! These wheels were one of my better purchases for the car.

I wouldn’t touch another set of those chrome rims for nothing. Ford had had a lot of trouble with peeling chrome on those wheels and several others as well. It had nothing to do with washing. I guess my weekly car washes weren’t enough. Now that I’ve had both the eight spoke chrome wheels and the seven spoke aluminum wheels on my car, I like the lighter weight of the aluminum wheels better. The car feels more nimble and I’ve picked up about 1 mpg according to the mileage gage on the dash. I bought some alumi-brite spray cleaner and these puppies shine! These wheels were one of my better purchases for the car.
If you live in New England don't you get a lot of snow?! If so I can see why your chrome did not hold up ! I know these rims had a period of issues otherwise though. Rims also don't do great by the beach either. Speaking from personal experience!

You do live in a Salt area far as winter goes so I would have to disagree. Chrome would not be your friend in general in a salty area unless you keep the rims super clean. I understand what you're doing though and if I lived in a salty area I know I wouldn't want anything chrome either!

Last edited:
Which aluminum rims are you referring to Robert? The ones I posted?

All I'm saying is those aluminum chrome rims I posted had 123k miles on them an I live in MN and they were flawless, maybey I was just that crazy about cleaning them.

Although I live in salt-laden New England, my car is mostly rust free because of frequent washings. It’s something one must do to keep a car for any length of time. Those chrome wheels were kept reasonably clean and the chrome still peeled. I’m not happy about it at all because it forced me to spend time and money on something that should of been un-necessary.

All said and done, I like the 7 spoke wheels better. I found a really nice set through www.car-parts.com at a salvage yard about an hour away. Got lucky.

View attachment 828575211

I had those same wheels that came original on my 2005 Sport V8.
Hope that helps.

Nice! Those fill out the wheel well almost perfectly. I found the wheels I was looking for a while back with pretty good street tires still on them, $200 for the set.

The 7 split spoke wheels come standard on the sport version of the LS btw if anyone was wondering

I had those same 8 spoke chrome peeling wheels, outside doesn't look too bad but the inside is mostly gone. Checked into getting them re chromed and it's gonna be about 950$ and about two weeks they said. I might do it cause they do look awesome. Now I have these, paid $650 for rims only. I like my new ones too though. Ha

20210528_175532.jpg

Members online

Back