Just kicking tires...

AmsterDutch

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, Well no issues with the LSE and when the Lincoln is running like a top, I have time to ponder on useless stuff like wheels and tires...anyway ...I'm not sure why but for some reason I can't wrap my mind around the 225/55/17 tires on my aftermarket wheels...to me they just look ridiculous on my LSE ...I have a set of Michelin 225/50/17 on my OEM wheels and they look so much better...now some ppl would say I'm crazy and it's all in my head but the height difference is astounding to me ...just wondering if anyone else feels the same way when it comes to the LS? I just think the LS/LSE looks so much better when it's more low profile

20200808_071138.jpg

you might not be too crazy. i feel similarly but maybe the opposite direction. i hate the way my LS looks on worn tires. But on new tires with full tread, my LS looks way better. not sure if it is the height, the appearance of the tire's shape, or the gap between tire and fender. to me worn tires almost look like I have a donut on the car... aren't these OEM at 235/50R/17 ?

you might not be too crazy. i feel similarly but maybe the opposite direction. i hate the way my LS looks on worn tires. But on new tires with full tread, my LS looks way better. not sure if it is the height, the appearance of the tire's shape, or the gap between tire and fender. to me worn tires almost look like I have a donut on the car... aren't these OEM at 235/50R/17 ?
Correct 235/50R/17 are OEM ..the picture I posted is with 225/55/17...these are the tires I think look way too tall on the car ...I prefer the 225/50/17 even though its 55 compared to 50 my crazy mind can see a huge difference...might be the rims/wheels after staring at them for awhile...the Aftermarket wheels do look beefier...maybe that is what gives it such a different illusion

235/50/17 is 667mm tall (oem)
225/50 is 657mm (on your stocks)
225/55 is 679mm (on your aftermarkets)

The difference in sidewall is 11mm (1/2") between your two sets, but I think the lip color has a bigger impact without a side-by-side comparison. I assume you have either the gunmetal/machined lip stocks or the chromes, both of which would really highlight the tire/lip border

"the Aftermarket wheels do look beefier...maybe that is what gives it such a different illusion"

You're definitely right. Even the rims I bought off 4WheelOnline gave my car a much meaner look than the usual. I guess beefier wheels are the rave nowadays.

Members online

No members online now.
Back