Been a Long Time! (Updates)

eots44

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
D82418A6-8CEF-437D-93CD-A40DA1E75061.jpeg
2F5D0AA3-53B3-4EB7-9433-E4DE181DF51E.jpeg
As the title says it’s been a while since I’ve checked in here. I don’t know if anyone remembers me, or cares for that matter, but I thought I’d just check in and give an update!

I’ve had the 2007 DTS for a little over four years now and put 80K miles on it, currently at 167K miles! it’s been an excellent car, hasn’t needed much work or cost me all that much money to keep running! A few things I’ve done to it since I was last here, the alternator crapped out January of 19 so I replaced that (huge PITA) along with a new belt and tensioner, replaced the power steering pressure line, a small brake line, and replaced the front struts about 6 months ago. My next project is going to be replacing the front motor mount hopefully this week.

I do still have the 2004 CTS, current mileage at 212K miles however it hasn’t been on the road for the last few years, unfortunately the transmission is done, at first I was going to have it rebuilt but it got put on the back burner and now I’m not sure it’s still worth it, just been sitting for too long.

Anyway that’s that, just popped in to say hi and give any update.

View attachment 828574473 View attachment 828574472 As the title says it’s been a while since I’ve checked in here. I don’t know if anyone remembers me, or cares for that matter, but I thought I’d just check in and give an update!

I’ve had the 2007 DTS for a little over four years now and put 80K miles on it, currently at 167K miles! it’s been an excellent car, hasn’t needed much work or cost me all that much money to keep running! A few things I’ve done to it since I was last here, the alternator crapped out January of 19 so I replaced that (huge PITA) along with a new belt and tensioner, replaced the power steering pressure line, a small brake line, and replaced the front struts about 6 months ago. My next project is going to be replacing the front motor mount hopefully this week.

I do still have the 2004 CTS, current mileage at 212K miles however it hasn’t been on the road for the last few years, unfortunately the transmission is done, at first I was going to have it rebuilt but it got put on the back burner and now I’m not sure it’s still worth it, just been sitting for too long.

Anyway that’s that, just popped in to say hi and give any update.
I don"t know what GMC was thinking when they built the CTS but I've seen more CTS's transmissions crap out with minimal mileage than any other Cadillac

Good to hear from you dude!! Was wondering where you've been at and up too!

Glad the usual maintenance wasn't to bad.

Car looks good and clean as usual. :cool:

Members online

No members online now.
Back