Any idea what part numbers I need to fix my windshield moldings?

DaleGrib

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Safelite did a piss poor job changing my windshield back last year and would not fix their screw up but I think it actually is causing me problems. They screwed up the moldings on both sides of the windshield and I can't seem to find the parts made for it anywhere.
106712950_2942477132517665_7596590115097231124_n.jpg
106989252_2652653451661248_6922808899143305068_n.jpg

Also, I need to replace that rubber that goes on the each side of the cowl. But I can't figure out the part numbers for that.
106721051_646107382661080_8418529695744942908_n.jpg
107607868_287502665786191_3173218821396994179_n.jpg

I think this is causing moisture to get into my coil covers on the driver's side of the car as I can't see any issues on the passenger side yet far as water/rust stains but on my drivers, I can clearly see it cause it has damaged a Coil. And I know these are not OEM coils but I have a set on the way. These are the BWD coils and had not been a problem until this happened. I actually might say this coil is burnt cause I smell a burnt electronics kinda smell from this coil. So glad I ordered some OEM coils but I need to make sure no more water gets back into that cover.

107367514_1460178894168540_8502154569134155702_n.jpg

106248200_660249324833834_8805076443306188641_n.jpg

Last edited:
Just so you know... the BWD coils have a lifetime warranty. Run them until they quit. That little bit of rust isn't going to hurt anything.

If its bugging you... sand it, clean it with mineral spirits... and touch it up with a black paint marker.

As far as the rubber pieces for the cowl. Used clean ones from a junkyard vehicle.
20 year old rubber does not sound like something that is gonna be good from a junkyard. I am planning to look but trying to find a part number so I can get it all new.

That's odd. The 16 year old rubber on my LS still looks really good.

I doubt you will find them new... but you may get lucky if your local dealer does a nationwide search.

They'll know the part #'s too... with the last 8 digits of your VIN.

Just so you know... the BWD coils have a lifetime warranty. Run them until they quit. That little bit of rust isn't going to hurt anything.

If its bugging you... sand it, clean it with mineral spirits... and touch it up with a black paint marker.
Already having issues and it also smells like burnt electronics. I have a misfire that is only present when at idle and I think it's been getting wet on the driver's side coils as why I am seeing that rust. I am changing all the coils out to Motorcraft once I can locate the source of this rust. I was planning to clean up that coil and try and get it swapped out since I think it's starting to fail in the meantime. So far only 2 of them on the drivers side smelled like burnt electronics and all the ones on the passengers side were very clean and no rust and no burnt smell coming from the coils. But trying to find new parts for all that rubber and such so I an ensure a clean seal. I mean my car was not always out in the sun during it's life and that one rubber piece that is still there looks horrible. I can only imagine the shape of the runs at the boneyard.

That's odd. The 16 year old rubber on my LS still looks really good.

I doubt you will find them new... but you may get lucky if your local dealer does a nationwide search.

They'll know the part #'s too... with the last 8 digits of your VIN.
It's because of where I am located. I am down south and near the ocean and that kinda stuff just does not hold up over time in this climate. There is salt in the air here for sure!

Negative thinking won't get you anywhere. You won't know what the junkyard has to offer... until you look.

Face it Dale... many of the parts for the LS are becoming/or are... obsolete.

The junkyard is becoming the only viable option for some parts.

As far as the coils smelling hot... if water has been dripping on them... it could be corrosion in the connector... or on the terminals of the coil(s).

Negative thinking won't get you anywhere. You won't know what the junkyard has to offer... until you look.

Face it Dale... many of the parts for the LS are becoming/or are... obsolete.

The junkyard is becoming the only viable option for some parts.

As far as the coils smelling hot... if water has been dripping on them... it could be corrosion in the connector... or on the terminals of the coil(s).
It's not negative thinking when you have seen the cars at the boneyard recently and they only have 2 in my area. Many broken things on them for certain cause people are careless when they remove the parts that they need. My only real hope is for me to call around to some and hope I get lucky. But again just really looking for part numbers so I can ensure I am researching the right parts.

Tell ya what. Send me your old BWD coils... and I'll get new ones through my warranty.
I said I am going to get them swapped out myself.... to use till I find the leak then I am using motorcraft coils. I will get all the BWD coils all swapped out in the end and sell them to someone if they want them. I bought them all at advance auto so they have the warranty as well. All the ones on the driver's side got wet but only 2 smell burnt so I planned to have them 2 swapped out today once the parts store opens. And the boots cleaned up to look perfect with a little dawn so was no need of doing anything crazy to clean them.

Last edited:
Go to car-part dot com.

You can do a nationwide search... and many of the junkyards give a description and pics.

If in doubt... there's always the phone.

Go to car-part dot com.

You can do a nationwide search... and many of the junkyards give a description and pics.

If in doubt... there's always the phone.
Yeah, but it helps to have the proper name of something which is why I asked for help with the part numbers! Also, I am not in the best of health so all things at a junkyard are not an option for me to do myself and I don't have anyone else that will go out there with me. But I did plan to call around to some once they reopen on Monday.

It's not negative thinking when you have seen the cars at the boneyard recently and they only have 2 in my area. Many broken things on them for certain cause people are careless when they remove the parts that they need. My only real hope is for me to call around to some and hope I get lucky. But again just really looking for part numbers so I can ensure I am researching the right parts.
Dale ....Look I agree it can be frustrating finding parts for such an elusive Car such as the LS ....but 04' Sport is SPOT ON ...listen to him ....you need to do a search on car-parts.com and this might mean that ....your wife and you will need to take a little road trip across your State or even out of you State to find a Salvage Yard that has a 1st Gen LS that is in good condition and then you can grab a boat load of parts that you need now and might need in the future....I agree with you and I agree with Sport ...I have experienced both of what you are saying...my previous 2001 had terrible Windshield Cowl strippings and I had to use a parts store window trim to fix it....but my 2002 LSE window Cowl and trim looks brand new ...not sure why this occurs but the FACT is ....it does...check out Car-parts.com and find all the salvage yards within 150 mile radius of your home and go from there...many Salvage yards also ship parts from out of State to you for very cheap...I had a Fender for my LSE shipped from a Salvage yard for GOD's Sake! lol If you can't find the window trim anywhere ....I can find you some and mail it to you ...first give it a try and if you are out of luck ...let me know and I will search for you...on the same note ...just imagine ppl trying to restore old Indian Motorcycles and finding certain parts ....lol the LS is nothing compared to that.......yet lol

Also there is craigslist, Ebay, Facebook Marketplace, and Lincoln LS Obsessed Group on Facebook where many LSes are being parted out...it's a closed group but all you need is a LS to join

I see listings like this on eBay Lincoln FORD OEM 01-06 LS Windshield-Reveal Molding Left 3W4Z5403137AAA | eBay and from what I gather the rubber comes with the molding. But I see conflicts on these part numbers with what matches up on the parts sites. Will the moldings from a Gen 2 and Gen 1 work with each other? I did just buy a used set from eBay that they said were in good shape but I am trying to figure out if any of the other ones that are new work for it because in the future used ones are gonna get harder to find.

Last edited:
Here's my Gen 2... if that's the piece you are looking for.View attachment 828574431
Yeah, and I know the rubber comes with the molding I am just trying to figure out if the molding itself should work on all models. I see the places that are selling them claim 2001-2006 on most of them so just seeing if anyone has any idea if it will fit. Like I said I bought a used set but just trying to help others out as well for the future when all these used parts run out or are not in good enough shape to use.

My bad. I didn't open the Ebay link until afterwards.

Try going to Ford Parts Giant. IIRC... they have a place to enter your VIN#... to verify fitment.

Also... I got an email recently from FPG... saying that they are currently offering discounts up to 45% off as a 4th of July sale. I think it goes through the 7th.

My bad. I didn't open the Ebay link until afterwards.

Try going to Ford Parts Giant. IIRC... they have a place to enter your VIN#... to verify fitment.

Also... I got an email recently from FPG... saying that they are currently offering discounts up to 45% off as a 4th of July sale. I think it goes through the 7th.
FPG says no to it fitting but I have seen that be wrong before so I was asking if anyone know if there truly is any differences between the years on that part.

Members online

Back