How can U tell if ya gota LSC ?

Jerrwayne

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Seems like I remember the insurance company saying that it was a LSC model which meant it was also a high performance model and that was gona cost me a little more.I just said "Ofcoarse anything for another dollar" and let it go.Damn insurence companies! $h!+ !!! O'well. So how can I tell ? Just what is different? My car is a 97 without a moon roof.:confused:

the differences are slim... you should have an lsc badge on the rear tail light... also perforated leather seats true duals and different rear end ratios. also the grill and tail light trim and all are painted to match the body color and are not chrome unlike a regular mark viii. hope this explains it

plymouth383 said:
the differences are slim... you should have an lsc badge on the rear tail light... also perforated leather seats true duals and different rear end ratios. also the grill and tail light trim and all are painted to match the body color and are not chrome unlike a regular mark viii. hope this explains it

Ya nailed it!:cool:

aint got one.Thanks!

I am going to paint most if not all of the (dull) shiny stuff.I'l have to think about that single pipe running from the front to the back of the exaust.It seems like some performance exaust systems do run into one pipe so there will be better torque.It's a project car. Thanks.:)

Jerrwayne said:
I am going to paint most if not all of the (dull) shiny stuff.I'l have to think about that single pipe running from the front to the back of the exaust.It seems like some performance exaust systems do run into one pipe so there will be better torque.It's a project car. Thanks.:)

usually this is only done if there is not enough space to run true duals.

Tell you insurance company, they are idiots. Also tell them your car is not an LSC, so drop the insurance rate.

Thanks for the input.

I'm gona go slow on that exaust and other engine mods.I have made toooo many mistakes getting excited and getting in a big hurry.And yeah the insurence company the broker got for me is definitely playing games and not just with my autos but also my bikes.They sure don't let us rest.Seems like we gotta fight for our rights all of the time.O'well.Ratrace!

Your car will have a LSC badge on the trunk ..... not that hard lol

Mr. Not that hard, it also is not that hard to look at the dates of these topics you've been responding to as they're mostly over 10 years old with some exceeding 15 years.

That might not be helpful because you're pushing current topics that people could use today's information from in favor of bumping threads where the OP & participants most likely aren't posting anymore. Keeping current threads on the front page is important, maybe even crucial, with the amount of traffic that remains on LVC.

I'm not trying to be a mod or admin, but I suppose it just baffles me why you can't be that attentive yourself. I mean, come on,... Do you really expect anyone in these ancient threads to actually respond back to you?

On topic,....

The for sure way to tell is to look at the 5th character of the VIN.

1LN91V =Base
1LN92V = LSC

Mr. Not that hard, it also is not that hard to look at the dates of these topics you've been responding to as they're mostly over 10 years old with some exceeding 15 years.

That might not be helpful because you're pushing current topics that people could use today's information from in favor of bumping threads where the OP & participants most likely aren't posting anymore. Keeping current threads on the front page is important, maybe even crucial, with the amount of traffic that remains on LVC.

I'm not trying to be a mod or admin, but I suppose it just baffles me why you can't be that attentive yourself. I mean, come on,... Do you really expect anyone in these ancient threads to actually respond back to you?

On topic,....

1LN91V =Base
1LN92V = LSC
You responded mr dinosaur and I’m in expert in these vehicles buddy I don’t need your info lol plus I didn’t read much of shit you wrote lol

On topic,....

1LN91V =Base
1LN92V = LSC
That is only for 2nd gen

On topic,....

1LN91V =Base
1LN92V = LSC
Believe it or not I don’t give a shit if it was 20 years old who the fuck are you the forum police I can write whenever and where ever I feel , and exactly what I said , it’s not that hard genius ever LSC has a LSC badge on the trunk genius

On topic,....

1LN91V =Base
1LN92V = LSC
I’m the guy bringing the 100 year old threads back to life Sherlock if your didn’t know

Believe it or not I don’t give a shit if it was 20 years old who the fuck are you the forum police I can write whenever and where ever I feel , and exactly what I said , it’s not that hard genius ever LSC has a LSC badge on the trunk genius
None of my LSCs have a badge on the neon light I take them all off

But nobody is buying a new mark viii
So just the badge is not a great way to tell
Gen 2 go by the vin, gen 1 go by the exhaust, seats, bumpers, gears.
Gen 1 grill is chrome , gen 2’s that are LSC’s never have chrome grills

None of my LSCs have a badge on the neon light I take them all off
Me too. I hate all the exterior little messages and labels that manufacturers put on their cars. Just the Lincoln star is all I want on my car, and on the front. Rear isn't important, either; the tail light design and the ever so slight hump in the trunk lid tells what it is even from a distance. All the other emblems are for car owners who are trying to impress other non car people by using their car as a status symbol. 'LOOK at me, I have a LINCOLN LSC'. Or Merc or BMW or whatever. Posers, all. Real car people don't need labels; they know which cars are which just by the shape & design, and the respective visual qualities that those cars have.

Members online

No members online now.
Back