In Memory of George Floyd

04_Sport_LS

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Ok... I know this isn't the best "proper" place to do this... but the other sections of this forum don't get much viewing.

Heard a song on the radio today... that definitely fits the current time we are in.

To those who don't like this... or disagree with my method... I mean no offense... but too bad.

I'm hoping the moderator will let it stand... and that everyone will help this go viral on social media.
(please Joey?)

I would do that myself... but don't have any social media accounts, (privacy choice).

Since this site doesn't like Youtube videos... I will also post the Group and song name... for a Google search.

So here it is... PLEASE pass it on. Shit has gotta change... and things need calmed down.

The song is "One Day"... by Cochren & Co .

I appreciate the sentiment but the song only says it "will" happen... there is no discussion of "how" it will happen. I am fond of this song...

Well... I listened to the song you offered up... and while not exactly my genre... it was interesting. Especially toward the begining when the artist said "we are not a we".

In my line of work... I work with people of all different walks of life... and all backgrounds... and races. I've never been shunned... but have always been treated as "one of the gang".

What it all comes down to... is relationship. Once the barriers are broken... you get to see people for who they really are... and that we're all the same when the walls come down.

As far as your "will" and "how" comment... it won't matter in the end. It will just happen "in the blink of an eye".

Well... I listened to the song you offered up... and while not exactly my genre... it was interesting. Especially toward the begining when the artist said "we are not a we".

In my line of work... I work with people of all different walks of life... and all backgrounds... and races. I've never been shunned... but have always been treated as "one of the gang".

What it all comes down to... is relationship. Once the barriers are broken... you get to see people for who they really are... and that we're all the same when the walls come down.

As far as your "will" and "how" comment... it won't matter in the end. It will just happen "in the blink of an eye".

Ironically, this is not my genre either. I work in behavioral health and as a restorative justice paralegal. I personally have 26 beds for men transitioning from incarceration with substance abuse issues. I connect with every walk of life which embraces me as a brother in the battle for equality. To think that I have equality with black men in this situation, despite my lived experience, however, would be naive. "We are not we" currently regardless of how much we wish to be. Perhaps someday, but not now. I have 15 felony convictions and went to prison for 13 years, but, as a clean-cut white man, I am given the benefit of the doubt and thrive in life in every way. I thought Macklemore captured this sentiment perfectly in this song as I prepare my 2 white teenage daughters to protest in Downtown Phoenix tomorrow. As odd as it is to say, I LOVE that we are having this discussion in a forum about the Lincoln LS, 04_Sport_LSD. Thank you for sharing your feelings in this context.

The only way to solve a problem... is to work through it by discussing it... and opening a dialogue.

It has to start somewhere... so why not here?

I miss my "homies" of decades past... and wonder how they feel about this now... when I was the only "honky" in the group back then.

I'm sure it would be a very "real" conversation.

Just do me the favor of passing along the song I offered. To me... its very relative at the moment.

The only way to solve a problem... is to work through it by discussing it... and opening a dialogue.

I miss my "homies" of decades past... and wonder how they feel about this now... when I was the only "honky" in the group back then.

Just do me the favor of passing along the song I offered. To me... its very relative at the moment.
Thank you for the reply. I am sharing it now.

Screen Shot 2020-06-02 at 9.12.12 PM.png

Please share mine as well, as I feel both are relevant...

Michael Harris

Last edited:
What needs to be remembered is the burning of our cities, the gratuitous looting of thriving businesses, the violence against innocent folks, the anarchy of Antifa, the corrupt news media fanning the flames of insurrection, the government hypocrisy of the virus threat and the coming civil war. The court system will prosecute the offending police officers. All else is just BS. Singing songs about white privilege does nothing to solve anything.

Music has been around since the beginning of the HUMAN race.

It has been used by individuals, groups, and cultures... for thousands of years... to express emotion and share personal experiences.

Music is NOT right or wrong. It is not black or white. It is a form of communication.

What needs to be remembered is the burning of our cities, the gratuitous looting of thriving businesses, the violence against innocent folks, the anarchy of Antifa, the corrupt news media fanning the flames of insurrection, the government hypocrisy of the virus threat and the coming civil war. The court system will prosecute the offending police officers. All else is just BS. Singing songs about white privilege does nothing to solve anything.
Recent American History has shown time and time again that "offending police officers" are not prosecuted in the same manner as individuals of color. Looting and rioting are not the solution, but the rage has to boil over somewhere... and it has. NOW America is paying attention. I hate that it took all of this.

Some people want to blame the current administration.

While I will not comment on that... I WILL say that this goes way back before Ferguson. It goes way back before Reginald Denny... and it goes back way before the '68 riots.

Members online

No members online now.
Back