Stereo wiring harness

LunaEros

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
I just ordered an Android head unit and wondering if anyone knows what wiring harness I should get to make all the speakers, SWC and whatever other options work.
Mine came with the 6 disc Alpine THX system with the 6x9 subs in the back and the "RESCU" portable phone option.

Ok. Not too bad. But it looks like I'm going to need a SWC adapter? I thought since it's an 02 and doesn't have a CAN-Bus I would be able to wire it in directly. The SWCs are a little pricey for what they are.

Best option imo is to buy your unit from Crutchfield and add the SWC, harnesses, and panel for $62. Their customer service is top notch.

Too late for that. I already ordered the unit. They likely wouldn't have any with the option I needed and got and surely wouldn't have the one I found and ordered.

But it looks like I'm going to need a SWC adapter?
When I was looking at buying a new head unit, I went to the nearest car audio shop, told them what I needed, and they had a swc adapter. I would go to an audio shop and ask for a swc. It will probably run around 60, 70, but you can ask for a cash discount, which they will usually give.

When I was looking at buying a new head unit, I went to the nearest car audio shop, told them what I needed, and they had a swc adapter. I would go to an audio shop and ask for a swc. It will probably run around 60, 70, but you can ask for a cash discount, which they will usually give.
The PAC swc-1 thru Amazon is a good deal. Got it for the Jensen head unit my ls came with. Just got a 10" android based head unit tho and it has a self learning function built in so no longer need my swc adapter. Anyone in Canada lower mainland who needs one?

Just got a 10" android based head unit tho and it has a self learning function built in

That's what I ordered. A Joying 8.8" Octacore to be exact. Does it allow you to assign more than one function to a button such as short press and long press like some of the adapters do?

Yah the 10" one is huge I love it. And not sure I unexpectedly had to do a rushed install so didn't hook up the wires. Will let u know when I do

I might buy the 10.25 widescreen display for this unit down the road since they mount the same and have all the same specs. Didn't go with the other rectangular style 10" screens since they'd get in the way of the AC controls and the info center buttons. That's why I got the 8.8 and 10.25 down the road since they're wide screens instead of just the normal 6.95"-7" screens. Still get more display space without being in the way of other stuff.

Agreed
I might buy the 10.25 widescreen display for this unit down the road since they mount the same and have all the same specs. Didn't go with the other rectangular style 10" screens since they'd get in the way of the AC controls and the info center buttons. That's why I got the 8.8 and 10.25 down the road since they're wide screens instead of just the normal 6.95"-7" screens. Still get more display space without being in the way of other stuff.
Agreed. I was looking at mine erlier...and as my top vent/message center is fairly trashed...I plan on moving the message buttons to the bottom part of the left vent, and trimming where it originally goes..and then the 10" will teases in to the dash correctly. And like I said messenger center trashed so no harm no foul if it fails...pic for reference

IMG_20200317_002431.jpg

Yup. It covers the buttons and the top of the AC just like I thought. The 8.8's display is just about the same size as the whole double DIN opening so it should work perfect. And the 10.25 is only a smidge bigger vertically but not enough to cover anything else and the width is the same size as the edge of the console.
Let me know if you can program without an adapter and also if you can dual program between short and long presses. I suspect that part isn't gonna work though.

Will do. Probably this weekend..on a bit of a pick and pull streak...have basically gutted this 02 V6 near me...there's just so much good stuff

Hey Duke, you ever get the SWC controls hooked up and see if it'll do long press functions?
I'm just starting to install mine. Had to force myself. ;) Where did you mount the GPS and 4G antennas?
I also got a USB hub and am trying to figure out where to put it so I'll have access to it but the hub and it's wires will be out of sight. Gotta find the wires for the stock phone system microphone so I don't have to use this visor mount one. And looking at the factory wiring diagram manual it seems the Metra wiring harness I got has one of the RCA plugs for the sub amp and the other for the center image amp. The sub output on the back of the Joying is only one RCA but it has four corner RCAs for the other channels. I doubt the center image amp uses SPDIF so I don't know where to plug it in but I want all the speakers to work. It also came with a 20 pin plug with just one wire in it. I found the plug in the factory wiring diagram but can't figure out what it's supposed to be for and when I line it up with th plug in the car it's on a pin that doesn't have a wire on the cars plug.

I also plan on getting an EasyGuard passive entry push button ignition system but just noticed the car has an ignition key and shifter lock. The ignition key won't be much of a problem since it won't be used after installing but the shifter needs to be unlocked. Anyone know if that can be disconnected without all kinds of warning alarms and computer system sulking? LOL!

Members online

Back